Official Premier League 2010/11 thread

You don't go from managing Real Madrid to managing Aston Villa.

It's a big loss for Villa, it's going to be hard to find a replacement of similar quality especially if the likes of Milner and Young do leave. Without them the club loses quite a bit of quality and competing with the likes of Everton, City, Spurs and Liverpool becomes even harder. I wouldn't be shocked to see them finish 8th or 9th this season.

You don't go from managing Real Madrid to managing Aston Villa.

Pellegrini's not managing Madrid though - he'd be going from managing nobody to managing Villa.

Juande Ramos - CSKA Moscow after Madrid

Bernd Schuster - Besiktas after Madrid

Frank Rijkaard's first job after Barcelona? Galatasaray

Louis Van Gaal's 1st job after Barcelona? AZ Alkmaar

I just think he's too big of a name to go to Villa. Those examples show clubs which are big in their respective countries and clubs that are capable of challenging for titles, something which Villa aren't capable of doing, in fact the Villa manager will be fighting just to stand still such is the way of the Premier League.

I can see the owner going for someone who's already in the Premier League, maybe wanting to step up.

How about Steve Bruce? Completely forgetting that he only joined Sunderland last year <_<

If I was the owner I'd take a look at Alex McLeash... but I get the feeling he wouldn't be that popular over there ¬_¬

First off it's McLeish, second off, HE's OURS :angry:

Also, on Steve Bruce, aside from his time with us, he's does have a reputation of sodding off a year into his job, wasn't he only at Wigan for a year before taking the Sunderland job? I know he left Palace after about three months to join us and he wasn't with Sheffield United or Huddesfield that long either.

Also I think it would a sad day for Villa fans (therefore a good day for us) when a former Birmingham manager and the current one are being talked about being good for them

"The first enquiry we had for the next Villa boss was for Bob Bradley, who managed the USA side to reach the last 16 in South Africa during the summer," Stan James' head of PR Charlie McCann said. "We want to keep Bradley on our side given the usual suspects look a bunch unlikely to have the Villa faithful purring."

link

Ugh, I hope they stay away from Martin Jol. Pellegrini maybe? :pervert:

Jol should go, I mean let's face it, every club is better than that poxy place he's at now :shifty: