Official Premier League 2010/11 thread

Love the way he pushed off Wilson with his right hand to get extra height on the leap - great bit of technique there. :P

In all seriousness though, I am very impressed with Hernandez. Seems to be naturally gifted with a good footballing brain and his ability to finish appears to be top-notch. Plus, he links really well with Berbatov which is definitely a plus.

Well, Chelsea are away at Blackburn at the weekend...it's been difficult for many teams to go there and win over the past couple of seasons, and indeed we drew there last year.

I expect United to beat Spurs at the weekend. It's just the sort of bastardish thing they do. Meanwhile Wolves and West Ham really shouldn't provide any problems for City and Arsenal respectively.

Wayne Rooney in The Sun today, "I was never going to leave Man Utd".

Or in other words: "Yeah, just in case you still thought otherwise, I publicly inferred the team was shit entirely to get more money".

Well done, Wayne. Rather than let the matter rest, you continue to show dedication in finding new ways to sound like an utter dick.

Who the hell is advising Wayne? That is the most horrible ten days of PR I have ever seen. Horrible, horrible stuff.

At the very least... He should have been at the Stoke game and not in Dubai. Or if he couldn't go that... At least be seen to be watching the game on television.

He was never going to be at that game. Certainly not so with the amount of shit he's had going on, from the club all the way to the personal problems with Coleen. Personally, I'm glad he wasn't there. I'm fine with him stepping away from it all for a week or two, because hopefully it helps him get his head together and get's him back to performing at the level he usually does.

They said he'd be out for three weeks but I'm really hoping he can make it back for the City game. Crazy game to throw him straight back into, but if there's ever a time to win over certain United fans with a top class performance, then this is it.

Martin O'Neill has been offered a lucrative £4.5million two-year deal to take charge of Saudi side Al Hilal, according to reports.

An announcement to unveil the former Aston Villa manager is said to be 'imminent' with sources close to Al Hilal officials telling the Daily Mirror the 'deal is almost done'.

O'Neill, 58, departed Villa Park just days before the start of the season and has been out of work since.

The move would indeed come as a major surprise. The ex-Celtic boss has never previously managed a foreign club before and since leaving Villa in August has been linked with both Liverpool and England should jobs emerge.

But it is believed O'Neil has held talks to succeed Eric Gerets, who guided the club to the last four of the Asian Champions League before taking leaving for Morocco.

And the former Leicester boss has been told he can bring in his own staff to join him if he accepts the tax-free contract, which Sven Goran Eriksson was destined to sign before opting to take up the reigns at the Walkers Stadium earlier this month.

'O’Neill would live like a king over here,' said an Al Hilal insider.

'The club leave no expense spared with their star employees.

'He can also bring his staff, but this is not a holiday – the club are committed to being the biggest in the region.'

-The Daily Mail

Hobo that was reported a few days ago, but UTV Live, our local news station here confirmed this evening that it is happening. They said they were speaking to relatives of MON's, and that it is all set to go. He just needs to sort out contract issues with Villa.

Hopefully he takes Carew and Sidwell with him. £10m for Carew please.

Edited by ONO