Official Premier League 2010/11 thread

I know, the point I was getting at is that it's not Di Matteo's fault you're where you are. Sacking him won't do anything because he's the one who got you there and he's the one who's got you playing good football and actually making a go of things. I don't see the sense in sacking him. It seems like every club that gets promoted these days thinks they have a god given right to stay up, and sacking a good manager usually does more harm than good.

EDIT: None of this was directed at you, by the way. I was booing the decision to sack him.

Edited by Pesci

I know, the point I was getting at is that it's not Di Matteo's fault you're where you are. Sacking him won't do anything because he's the one who got you there and he's the one who's got you playing good football and actually making a go of things. I don't see the sense in sacking him. It seems like every club that gets promoted these days thinks they have a god given right to stay up, and sacking a good manager usually does more harm than good.

EDIT: None of this was directed at you, by the way. I was booing the decision to sack him.

Okay, sorry for going off on a bit of a tangent towards you, then (H)

On the other hand, I've heard that a lot of people reckon Sam Allardyce will be brought in as our saviour. If thats the case, I'll cry, because he is a fucking Wolves fan and the Albion have always being renowed as a footballing side.

Who else can we get who is a better manager that Allardyce, I don't know. But I wouldn't say Martin O'Neil is much worse, however, whether he would come is a different story.

My first choice is Chris Hughton, to be honest. I saw him have a great season with Newcastle last year and I don't mind the guy. I can't see him straying far from our footballing game, either.

I've quite enjoyed Liverpool/Chelsea, if I do say. There hasn't been a whole host of great chances at either end, but Rodriguez's miss and Torres glimpses of goal have been enough to keep me entertained. I expect this to come alive with the inevitable introduction of Luis Suarez, so I'll stick with my prediction of 2-2, with Torres and Anelka putting Chelsea 2-1 ahead following a Rodriguez goal and Suarez coming on to level it late-on.

Great early block for Bob too.

I dunno whether I'm happy with the current scoreline or not. Basically I hate Liverpool (the MAIN reason being my brother's been a fan for the last 18 years and the other being the whole "Spirit of Shankley / boot room / Never Walk Alone" stuff).

HOWEVER, If Chelsea lose then they're on equal points with Spurs.

So.......long term HATRED of Liverpool or for the possible long-term good of Spurs.

Draw?

Wonder what the odds are on Liverpool finishing in the top 4 now? They are only 6 points off now, never would have thought that after they lost against Blackpool a few weeks back. Good result for us though, makes our defeat yesterday a bit more forgettable, if City beat us next week though then the title race will be blown wide open. But that's not gonna happen now is it ^_^