Official Premier League 2010/11 thread

Minus the last 5 minutes the game was horrid.

I was watching it with a steel pillar in front of me. I think my viewing experience may have been better off for it.

Your seat was definately better than mine. Both clubs looked terrible, tired, uninterested, you name it. Just bad all around.

I mean, the result is great for myself but damn.

Raheem Sterling scored five times in Liverpool's 9-0 FA Youth Cup win over Southend tonight. I know it's 'only' the Youth Cup, but he's only 16 and all his goals were class.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gnJITFr_Os?version=3"><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gnJITFr_Os?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gnJITFr_Os?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

On that evidence, he should hopefully become a talented first teamer in the future.

As for Rooney's overhead kick... while it was a nice goal, it wasn't the greatest, he's still performing at 75% and the celebration afterwards proves how much of a tosser he is.

All in all, fuck off you granny botherer :angry:

I'm not sure how any celebration any player ever does proves they are a tosser, but what do I know. Nani's celebration concerned me more, I wish he'd stop doing flips and landing on one fucking leg! :o

That Sterling kid looks good though, any player who scores five goals like that in a game must have something about them, youth cup or not.

• Like 1

The little pose at the end? As if he's an artiste who finished his masterpiece? Like some messiah? Ghey.

Or maybe I'm reading too much into it :shifty:

As for continued overhead goal talk:

• Like 1

The little pose at the end? As if he's an artiste who finished his masterpiece? Like some messiah? Ghey.

Or maybe I'm reading too much into it :shifty:

As for continued overhead goal talk:

Theres been much worse....such as Adebayour running the full length of the pitch just to slide infront of the Arsenal fans or Neville doing the same to kiss the Man U badge infront of us

I still think Sinclairs overhead is better than Rooneys and think his goal against Newcastle is better than his overhead against City

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pYkXY2ARBw&feature=related

In terms of the Fulham/Chelsea game I didn't think it was the best of games but it wasn't a bad game, there was chances at both ends and I thought when the pen came at the end that Fulham could be gifted a win here but man that pen was poo, good save by Cech but Dempsey should be doing better. In terms of the result it means we haven't lost ground on Chelsea in terms of moving up the table but I thought that Chelsea didn't look convincing in terms of a 4th placed team if they don't buck their ideas up then Tottenham could very well have another stint in the Champions League. But then again thats just my opinion

Edited by davidmarrio

Theres been much worse....such as Adebayour running the full length of the pitch just to slide infront of the Arsenal fans or Neville doing the same to kiss the Man U badge infront of us

That Adebayor celebration was quite funny if you ask me, obviously very unprofessional and provocative, but amusing all the same. Didn't like it when he kicked Van Persie in the head in the same game though.

As for the Neville celebration, not quite sure which one you mean... :shifty:

Looking at the run-ins of Man City, Spurs and Chelsea as I'd imagine that it's between these three for the two Champions League places now (unless Liverpool go on a machine-like streak). Top six teams in bold.

SPURS:

Blackpool (a)

Arsenal (H) TBC

Wolves (a)

West Ham (H)

Wigan (a)

Stoke (H)

Man City (a)

West Brom (H)

Chelsea (a)

Blackpool (H)

Liverpool (a)

Birmingham (H)

MAN CITY:

Fulham (H)

Wigan (H)

Chelsea (a)

Sunderland (H)

Liverpool (a)

Tottenham (H)

Blackburn (a)

West Ham (H)

Everton (a)

Stoke (H)

Bolton (a)

CHELSEA:

Man Utd (H)

Blackpool (a)

Man City (H)

Stoke (a)

Wigan (H)

West Brom (a)

West Ham (H)

Tottenham (H)

Man Utd (a)

Newcastle (H)

Everton (a)

Chelsea also have a game to be confirmed. Who's it against?

Going on the games to play I really fancy Spurs to get third this year and Chelsea could well miss out on Champions League.

Chelsea also have a game to be confirmed. Who's it against?

Birmingham at home. It was originally due to be on the same weekend as the Carling Cup final.

Basically the Premier League are praying that Chelsea get knocked out of the FA Cup this weekend and free up a couple of more weekends for them.

If they'd been smart and quick off the mark they would have moved the Chelsea v Tottenham match (whose Arsenal game is also postponed due to the Carling Cup final) forward to that weekend...but they're never either of those things, so these matches will end up being crammed in on Tuesday nights or such.

I'd love to see Chelsea miss out on the champions league this year, if only because a few years ago the top 4 was completely impenetrable.

So when it comes to next year you'll have city, united, spurs and arsenal in the same competition with Chelsea and Liverpool waiting on the wings for them to fuck up.

We could be witnessing two teams gambling their futures on a top 4 place and spending the next few years hanging around the midtable.

Signs of How Low Chelsea's Current Standing Actually Is:

#1) My realising that I'd probably want United to beat Liverpool when their Premier League game comes up.

#2) Other Chelsea fans wondering - and confirming - that yes, Chelsea can qualify for the Champions League next year if they win it (lol) and finish outside the top four (otherwise known as UEFA's official "Oh Shit Our Favouritism Towards Liverpool Forced Us Into This" rule), as they would take a spot at the fourth-placed team's expense.

'Tis but a dream - and an entirely unrealistic one at that - but there would be something beautiful about Chelsea winning the Champions League and then either City or Spurs (whoever finished fourth) having their spot stolen out from underneath them.

(Especially since the CL final would of course take place after the league had finished, prompting a short period where the Spurs/City fans would be all "YAY Champions League! Fuck you Chelsea!" *Chelsea win CL and silently raise middle finger*)

But to reiterate - Chelsea are NOT going to win the CL. That would just be silly. :shifty:

It's a bullshit ruling that, there should be a spot allocated for the winners of the CL every year. Then if the winning club is in a CL spot in their respected league, the next team down should qualify (ie 5th place in the Premier League), but if they ain't in the CL spots then it's not a problem. Didn't the Welsh champions (TNS?) give up their spot in 2005 so Liverpool could be in the CL because Everton finished 4th and Liverpool finish 5th that season IIRC?

• Like 1