Official Premier League 2010/11 thread

MANCHESTER United star Nani is being sued by his brother for $1.6 million.

Jose Almeida, 33, has launched a compensation claim which accuses his 24-year-old sibling of breaking a contract to leave him penniless.

The pair will fight it out in the Portuguese courts next month.

Nani asked Almeida to work for him when the winger signed for United in 2007 in a $27.2 mililon move from Portuguese giant Sporting Lisbon.

The elder brother closed his real estate business and moved to England to help with Nani's business affairs after signing a $240,000 contract.

But he claims his brother - who was injured in United's 3-1 defeat at Liverpool and is likely to spend a month on the sidelines- failed to honor the agreement, causing him to lose his $1 million home.

Almeida, who lives in the Netherlands and now works as a soccer agent, refused to speak about the case.

But a friend said, "Jose gave up everything for Nani. Everything was fine at first but then Nani stopped paying him.

"Jose can't believe his brother could treat him like that. He's been left with no choice but to take Nani to court to get what he is entitled to."

First I've heard of it to be honest.

Birmingham 1-1 Everton with about 5 minutes to go. Beausejour put Birmingham in front after 17 minutes and Hetinga equalised after 35 minutes in what is described as an unstoppable rocket from the edge of the area.

Edit: 1-1 Full-Time

Edited by Starvinho

Our kits are going to be made by Under Armour from the 2012-13 seasons. I liked Puma so I'm gutted but hopefully they'll do a good job.

Under Armour make some quality stuff. Not sure what they're like on football kits, but I'm sure they'll be great. I fucking hate the Newcastle Puma kits. Them not being Adidas for the first time in my life just isn't sittling well with me.

Our kits are going to be made by Under Armour from the 2012-13 seasons. I liked Puma so I'm gutted but hopefully they'll do a good job.

Under Armour make some quality stuff. Not sure what they're like on football kits, but I'm sure they'll be great. I fucking hate the Newcastle Puma kits. Them not being Adidas for the first time in my life just isn't sittling well with me.

That's got nothing to do with Puma and has everything to do with Mike Ashley asking them to make a kit for 14p each wholesale.

Did anyone see the spot on the news about the ref forgetting his cards during the first half of Everton v Birmingham, he books a player with an imaginary card and then the best bit, mimes putting it back in his pocket. :huh:

As someone who remembers Umbro you've just made me feel very old. Agreed though, the quality of our current Puma kits is shoddy.

It would have been good if he gives a player a straight red and the player just jogs off back up the pitch thinking it was only a yellow.

Nani out for 3 weeks according to BBC, will definately miss Arsenal, Marseille and Bolton. :( I'm hoping for Fabio and Rafael to be pushed forward onto the wings for these games then.

Mark Ogden writes in The Telegraph…

Last-ditch attempt to rescue United career

Owen Hargreaves has undergone a week of rehabilitation in Germany in a final attempt to resurrect his injury-ravaged Manchester United career. However, the former England international is understood to be facing up to the likelihood that he has played his last game for United after being sidelined for four-and-a-half months as a result of a hamstring injury suffered inside the opening five minutes of his surprise comeback game against Wolves last November. Hargreaves is out of contract in June and, with United now locked in a title battle with Arsenal and facing testing fixtures in the latter stages of the FA Cup and Champions League, his prospects of first-team action are bleak. The 30 year-old is due to return to Manchester this weekend after visiting the Munich-based doctor Hans Muller-Wohlfahrt. Hargreaves, who has made just 39 appearances for United since completing a £19m move from Bayern Munich in May 2007, also spent time with Muller-Wohlfahrt last December.

Arrests Made at Man U/Pool Youth Match

Wow, that's dick. I know it wasn't all Man U fans who did it, and I'm not going to make a case saying all Man U fans are total cuntrags, but what a bunch of fucking dickheads these guys. Chanting about Heysel and Hillsborough? Yeah, fuck right off.

I'm not excusing the actions of United fans that chant about Hillsborough and Heysel - I agree they are bastards that shouldn't be let inside football grounds. But, a lot of it - at least according to the dickish Man U fans I know - is a response to the likes of Spirit of Shankly who sing songs mocking the Munich disaster. Sadly, in both cases, it's a small minority thinking they're in the right and making everyone else look bad.

• Like 1