Official Premier League 2010/11 thread

Defoe back in full training. :wub:

My relief transcends words. However Defoe, Van der Vaart, Modric, Bale, Lennon.....WHOOHOO!

Shame that Huddlestone's out for 2 months though. <_<

Ditto. Hoping that Jenas and Wilson can deputise for him adequatly. Sandro could use a few more substitute appearances I think, wasn't good to see him dwelling on the ball like he did against Bolton for the first goal wasn't it?

I think we'll still be playing one up front this weekend, with Defoe making an appearance from the bench (had a flutter on him scoring anyway). Be interesting to see if his return will lead to a shuffle in formation of if he'll be up front on his own?

Angels been released? I can only assume its a money thing as pundits over there were getting well excited about a partnership with Henry, his goalscoring record in the states is top class. Unless age and injury have caught up with him?

The DP rule is what got Angel cut.

Henry, Marquez ... and NY will be going after another "big" gun .... Angel is old, even for the MLS. No reason to "waste" the third DP slot on him.

Purely business. Man still has plenty in the tank and I'd love to see one of the expansion teams take a flyer on him or have another team claim him. He can still do plenty of damage in the league.

OFFICIAL TOTTENHAM SITE

Harry Redknapp has positive news on the injury front ahead of the big one at Arsenal on Saturday.

As well as Jermain Defoe back in the squad after a 10-week lay-off - reported here - the manager was hopeful that Aaron Lennon would make it after his hamstring problem.

There was also good news on long-termers Michael Dawson (ankle) and Jonathan Woodgate (groin).

On the other side of the coin, however, Tom Huddlestone is now out for around three months with an ankle injury while Robbie Keane (ankle) and Ledley King (groin) remain out.

Niko Kranjcar is also a doubt after picking up a calf injury on international duty for Croatia on Wednesday.

Harry reported: "We've roughly the same group as last week.

"Aaron Lennon has trained all week and will hopefully be available tomorrow. We'll see how he is after (training) this morning.

"Niko got a kick on the calf playing for Croatia, he's struggling a little with that and Robbie Keane is still not quite ready to return, he's had an ankle problem.

"Jermain has trained all week and will be back in the squad. It's great to have him back.

"Michael Dawson is improving, he's coming on well. He's going to work this morning with Tim Sherwood's group and do some ball work outside for the first time. He'll step it up a bit today.

"We're taking our time with Ledley. He's still not right with his groin problem but there is progress and hopefully he won't be too long.

"Jonathan has worked hard and has had a good month now with the fitness coaches and the physios.

"They have been encouraged by the progress he's made. He has to go through a 'pre-season' as such starting next week, a month of intense, hard work.

"If he comes through that okay there will be light at the end of the tunnel for him.

"No-one could have worked harder than Jonathan to get fit and things are looking more positive, so we're all hoping."

Defoe back! :w00t:

Aaron Lennon fit! :w00t:

Dawson approaching full fitness. :w00t: :w00t:

Ledley on his way. ^_^

Keane still busted. :(

Kranjcar injured. :(

Huddlestone out for THREE months :crying: :crying:

Woody a "preseason" away from nearly being there. :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Redknapp has said Kranjcar can leave, should be a good pick up for many teams.

Also Danish keeper Anders Lindegaard might be heading to Man United, his representatives are in town meeting Sir Alex we are linked to David De Gea of Atletico as well with Kuszack and Van Der Sar both stepping down.

Shame. Zaz taught me to love Kranjcar. I like his beard. Unfortunately for him VdV has taken any taking mid chance he had and Bale has grown into the left wing position.

I'd still put Kranjcar ahead of Jenas though and would be my choice to bring on as a sub for Modric, VdV or Bale.