EWR 2010 Stats Update: June

Let's try to clear the air on the Daniel Bryan situation...

This isn't technically fact...just theory, but this is really the only probable explanation of what is happening/happened. He was released. This is not a work. He was legitimately released according to protocol because he simulated strangling someone on WWE programming. This action was banned after the Chris Benoit double murder-suicide case. WWE was allegedly pressured by other companies that they have partnerships with to change certain rules to separate themselves from what happened with Chris Benoit. WWE also has to keep an eye on Linda McMahon's Senate campaign and has to avoid any situation that can jeopardize it. They had no choice but to legitimately release Daniel Bryan.

With that said, it's obvious that WWE was pretty high on Daniel Bryan because he was put into a program right out the gate with The Miz and Michael Cole. The entire NXT show was basically centered around him from day one until he was eliminated from the show. WWE obviously had/has plans for Daniel Bryan. Therefore, it is not out of the question that he will be resigned as soon as WWE legally can. The ONLY reason they released him was because they had to due to the circumstances surrounding his mistake . If not, they likely would have given him a more lenient punishment. To avoid further problems, they did what they had to do.

To sum things up, Daniel Bryan should not have a contract with WWE in the game because...well he doesn't have one in real life technically. Even with a traditional 90-day no-compete clause, he wouldn't be able to sign with any other company before the next update is released. Remove Daniel Bryan from WWE (for now).

Edited by Mike Jones

He was legitimately released according to protocol because he simulated strangling someone on WWE programming. This action was banned after the Chris Benoit double murder-suicide case.

I'll ignore everything else you posted because it's all speculation really, but this I'm going to call you on. There is no such protocol. People have been strangling each other with objects for the past several years and no one has gotten in trouble for it. Thus speculation that there is such a protocol makes no sense. At best, the theory that an advertiser complained about the choking and the WWE threw him under the bus makes the most sense.

As an on topic rely to your post as well: I think leaving him in the WWE as a non-wrestler for the next three months(or until he starts making indy appearances) makes more sense than making him a free agent at this point.

Edited by Neomon

Guest The Phenomenal Red

He was legitimately released according to protocol because he simulated strangling someone on WWE programming. This action was banned after the Chris Benoit double murder-suicide case.

I'll ignore everything else you posted because it's all speculation really, but this I'm going to call you on. There is no such protocol. People have been strangling each other with objects for the past several years and no one has gotten in trouble for it. Thus speculation that there is such a protocol makes no sense. At best, the theory that an advertiser complained about the choking and the WWE threw him under the bus makes the most sense.

As an on topic rely to your post as well: I think leaving him in the WWE as a non-wrestler for the next three months(or until he starts making indy appearances) makes more sense than making him a free agent at this point.

It is something we need to do with any WWE releases from here on in, not just Bryan because then you'll have people say "Why is Daniel Bryan/Bryan Danielson getting a break. In the game right now I could play as TNA and pick up say Paul Burchill, Nikita, Mickie James, Jimmy Wang and Shelton Benjamin all of whom are under the 90 day clause of their contracts.

PWInsider.com confirmed that Tiger Raj Singh is Jinder Mahal.

Edited by The Phenomenal Red
  • Like 1

Based on the Extreme Summit shoot interview with Sandman, Todd Gordon, Bill Alfonso and 2 Cold Scorpio:

-Add a friendship between The Sandman and Kintaro Kanemura.

-Add a friendship between The Sandman and Todd Gordon.

-Lower Bill Alfonso's behavior to 80.

-Raise Todd Gordon's attitude 95 and his behavior to 85.

-Add a friendship between Todd Gordon and Paul Heyman.

-Change The Sandman's relationship with Todd Gordon to a loyalty.

-Add a friendship between The Sandman and Jack Victory.

-Add a hate between The Sandman and Jasmin St. Claire.

-Check menacing for 911. I am not sure of his age exactly, but I think he is several years older than the data indicates.

-Raise Biggie Biggs' overness to 16, selling to 68, charisma to 76, technical to 35, speed to 5, attitude to 100 and behavior to 95.

Edited by KrisClassic

Well, for the people who are gonna put recently released WWE stars as non wrestlers have fun. I'd perfer to actually use Danielson, Benjamin, Carlito, etc. It may be realistic but the fact is unless you use an edit as well all know they dont just become wrestlers again. Danielson is gone, simple as that, if he comes back readd him to WWE.

• Like 1

Guest The Phenomenal Red

TNA Spoilers from a PWInsider.com Elite News:

Scott Hall has been fired and this Thursday it is announced that the TNA tag team titles have been vacated.

Suicide has returned to TNA and the man behind the mask is indeed Kaz Okada.

Guest The Phenomenal Red

Based on the Extreme Summit shoot interview with Sandman, Todd Gordon, Bill Alfonso and 2 Cold Scorpio:

-Check menacing for 911. I am not sure of his age exactly, but I think he is several years older than the data indicates.

-Raise Biggie Biggs' overness to 16, selling to 68, charisma to 76, technical to 35, speed to 5, attitude to 100 and behavior to 95.

I think that Bill Alfonso's behavior should be 70. He was known for being annoying backstage and need we remember him on People's Court with Missy Hyatt?

Released wrestlers can immediately work for non-televised companies I do believe. For example, Colt Cabana returned to PWG the day after he was released.

Colt Cabana returned to RoH also couldn't do RoH on HD Net or Pay-Per View for the first 90 days. Brian Kendrick had the same deal when he left WWE. He could do PWG and Dragon Gate USA show but not on Pay-Per View for the first 90 days. The problem is when someone like say Daniel Bryan or Paul Burchill is released, the likelyhood of them getting signed by non-televised federations like PWG and CZW is the same as televised federations like RoH, Dragon Gate or TNA when they are in the game by the computer, let alone a user.

Seth Skyfire has retired from wrestling so he should be a non-worker for now.

Relationship Suggestions/Questions:

Allison Danger and Amazing Kong should be friends and so should Amber Gertner and Amazing Kong.

John Morrison and Melina should be friends and not lovers, unless they got back together they broke up before Melina dated Batista. Despite the fact Morrison and Melina are still friends.

Shouldn't there be some sort of a friendship between Steve Corino and CM Punk as well as Steve Corino and Colt Cabana? I know that these have been talked about on several shoot interviews over the years.

Not sure if this calls for a friendship but the way John Cena has put over Bryan Danielson in the interview where he said that he wished that a talent like him was not fired I think is a boarder line friendship.

I think Histeria II and Psicosis II should have a friendship and boarder line loyalty because they both left AAA together after ages of not being used and reappeared in CMLL together. They have also teamed up after years.

Guest The Phenomenal Red

Not sure if this calls for a friendship but the way John Cena has put over Bryan Danielson in the interview where he said that he wished that a talent like him was not fired I think is a boarder line friendship.

What interview would this be?

Actually from his twitter, my mistake.

"I am very upset to hear about the release of bryan danielson. Social networks were formed so people would have a voice, and an opinon. I Know you all have your own, theories and whatnot. I respect that. I have never asked any of you to feel a certaint way about me. But Bryan left a lasting impression on the wwe universe in a very short time, and although it came at my expense, I agree with the majority Of you who are caught off guard by this choice. I know I'm not exactly appreciated by all, nor do I care to be, but I believe what I believe. I would like bryan to come back to the wwe. I would like to sign your petition to bring him back. I was taught to stand up for what I beileve in. I tried and failed, so I could Use some help. Tell me how to sign and I will. If for nothing else, to at least have a chance to have a match with him after what was done I know that seems a bit more fair. Give me a chance to have a fair match with him, and give him yet another chance to prove that he does Belong with us. Sorry for the long message, I know I am probally way out of line, I am sorry if I have offended anyone. But like me or not That is what Hustle. Loyalty. And most importantly Respect means to me. Enjoy game 5."

Cena's Twitter

Also I'd like to say that Joey Matthews should be under a deal which he is not in the current game.

To weigh in on the 90 day stip: if this were TEW where you could see how a promotion uses a hired wrestler in their shows I'd say make an effort to work around the contract issue. But seeing as how this is EWR, it really doesn't make that much of a difference if they're hired right away. In reality someone just released from WWE could verbally sign a hypothetical contract with TNA. For example Mickie James being approached by Dixie Carter. If she ends up working for Dixie Carter when the 90 day contract runs out, what's really the difference than to say she signed that night and is a part of the roster, just not-to-be-used for 90 days? WWE's been known to hire people and not assign them to FCW right away, but they're still under WWE contract. So just release Daniel Bryan and let whatever happens, happen.

• Like 2

I think that Bill Alfonso's behavior should be 70. He was known for being annoying backstage and need we remember him on People's Court with Missy Hyatt?

In the shoot interview he said that the People's Court thing was all a work, so I wouldn't base anything from that on his stat.

If we can sacrifice reality for playability by leaving Trent Acid in game when he will be gone for two years, I think we can remove Danielson and other release-ees from WWE.

Edited by KrisClassic

Scott Hall has been fired and this Thursday it is announced that the TNA tag team titles have been vacated.

That would be Kazuchika Okada in the game, correct?

Guest The Phenomenal Red

That would be Kazuchika Okada in the game, correct?

Indeed.

As for the 90 day clause thing, I was just thinking because the game rightfully or wrongfully signs guys from WWE to TNA or RoH rather quickly after their release. As for the WWE sits guys out after signing without bringing them to FCW, that goes down a few paths. You have the Mason Ryans of the world who are awaiting visas or the Bryan Danielsons of the world who had indy commitments to fulfill before anything can be done with. Sure there are guys and girls who sit around after signing and do nothing but sit at home when they are first signed but that is WWE determining if they need to be fleshed out in FCW or not which was what Danielson was after he finished out his commitments.