Futurama Returned!

Lint

Tonight marks the return on Futurama to Comedy Central. 2 part episode, part one is on now..thoughts?

and I know there is a futurama topic..but it seems like search still isn't working :shifty:

Whiny Fry is always a bad thing, but I guess they had to do it. The second episode was much better and I'm sure next weeks episode will be even better than that. I'm just glad to see it back really.

I forgot to make mention of how well the animation looked, and how much it has improved from the previous series (even the movies).

You can tell it's done frame by frame nearly complete, instead of "Flash" cheating like Family Guy do all the time.

The Rebirth episode was god awful in my opinion. I felt as if they were trying a little bit TOO hard. Has Bender always been this unfunny? Thankfully, the second episode redeemed the new Futurama for me. I'll definitely be watching the next episode.

Bender was about that unfunny in Into the Wild Green Yonder too. He had a couple of funny moments in Rebirth but he still felt pretty Flanderized, which is impressive considering it's Bender.

I think they were trying too hard to incorporate everyone into the story. Once they return to each episode being more specific to one or two characters with a host of background characters, hopefully the quality will pick back up.

I liked most of the episode, though the Susan Boyle stuff was forced and really not topical anymore. Still, the dialogue was a lot more up to what I expect from Futurama, so even when I felt like it was getting a little too obvious I still found myself laughing on a fairly regular basis (for example, I kind of grimaced at "like Jared, from Subway" but then cracked up at "Like the giant caterpillar that ate Jared, from Subway!").

I especially loved the jab at Apple's habit of using trendy hipster music for their commercials and "The important thing is that we're a family!" for how it failed to have anything to do with anything.