NHL 2010/2011

SeanDMan

Brendan Morrison said it well; "this is the owners wanting protection from themselves. This isn't the players fault; no one can fault a player for signing the best deal he can get."

Owners have their own, unique financial situations and if they can't operate on their own budget then wth. We had a lockout to save these idiots from themselves and now they're breaking their own rules so they can flush their businesses down the shitter again. Honestly, the Salary Cap is nothing but a set of Safety Scissors to keep NHL owners from hurting themselves. The next step is to have contracts signed in crayon and paid out in alphabet blocks.

...why?

It's a really good signing. Staal is out for training camp and possibly the beginning of the season, so Comrie signs on at $550,000 to fill the spot temporarily, possibly moving to the fourth line once everyone is healthy.

Playing with the guys he's going to have the opportunity to center might give him a really good season, which would then be used to get him a bigger contract next summer with someone else probably.

Everyone wins with this signing. Good signing for both sides, and I don't see any reason why anyone would be upset with it.

Or maybe Crosby could do to Comrie what Hillary Duff stopped doing when they tied the knot last month. :P

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Mark Madden seems to think that Comrie could be for Crosby what Petr Sykora was for Malkin.

I have my doubts that Mark Madden knows any more about hockey than he does about wrestling.

So instead of going to LA like most probably assumed, Comrie goes to Pittsburgh? :lmao:

I'm sure Hillary is going to be thrilled .

Again, cue Crosby.

So instead of going to LA like most probably assumed, Comrie goes to Pittsburgh? :lmao:

I'm sure Hillary is going to be thrilled .

Again, cue Crosby.

Photoshop time?

What do you need Photoshop for? Google image search gladly provides Crosby related homoerotica. I'm sure Mike Comrie hasn't had wood like this since his first game back with the Oilers when he realized that there actually were people in Edmonton who didn't hate his guts.

What do you need Photoshop for? Google image search gladly provides Crosby related homoerotica. I'm sure Mike Comrie hasn't had wood like this since his first game back with the Oilers when he realized that there actually were people in Edmonton who didn't hate his guts.

I was more referring to THAT picture of Comrie and Duff and how photoshopping Crosby onto it would be hilarious.

and then I realised how far off track I've taken the thread - Someone tell me how fucked Anaheim are this year.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

No defense, but the offense is every bit as good as it was last year and we know what to expect from Hillier now. I see the Ducks sneaking into the playoffs, but getting crushed in the first round.

No defense, but the offense is every bit as good as it was last year and we know what to expect from Hillier now. I see the Ducks sneaking into the playoffs, but getting crushed in the first round.

Soooooooooooooooo... business as usual?

It's what we deserve from trying to trade Bobby Ryan (And succeeded only to get overruled by the NHL, I think)

and at the same time trying to bring in a Concussion riddled Paul Kayria (As much as I'd love the thought of him and TEEMU! playing together again like it's 1996 again.)