NHL 2010/2011

SeanDMan

I just heard the best thing ever....not sure if it happens, but it would be amazing if true.

Toronto Star sources confirm Leafs have acquired D Cody Fransen and C Matthew Lombardi from NASH for D Brett Lebda and F Robert Slaney.

I assume that's a salary dump in order to get Shea Weber his Carl Crawford money.

Salary dump for Nashville I think. Lombardi has concussion problems and might never be worth his 3.5 price tag again - he's basically Tyler Bozak with more experience so I don't know what that says. Franson is expendable as a puck mover when you have Ryan Ellis graduating to pro this season. The Leafs defensive picture just keeps getting murkier as they add more, Gunnarsson seems like a possible odd man out.

Heard a rumor they've been talking to Kaberle too.

Yay for the leaving of Lebda. I couldn't stand any shift the guy had. Hopefully Lombardi can recover and help us out, but I'd be happy just taking Franson to lose Lebda. Still unsure of the Connolly signing, but I guess it's better than nothing at the moment. I'm praying that we somehow smuggle Stamkos from Tampa, but I'm highly doubting it.

NO MORE LEB-DA *CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP*

I have no idea where "Brett Lebda - NHL's Worst Player" comes from because when not surrounded by more mediocrity he's actually a serviceable third pair guy. I guess someone had to be the new Garnet Exelby, but I hope Lebda finds a good fit in Nashville because Leafs fans' compulsive to need to shit on someone was going to be the end of him after another season in TO. His confidence was wrecked and that's certainly not an isolated thing.