NHL 2010/2011

SeanDMan

No, but it makes the Phil Kessel trade look not as bad, which is saying a lot.

• Like 2

I think the Kessel trade is still fine. If you combine those two trades (which with Liles is basically complete within Boston and Toronto)

Kaberle

Seguin

Hamilton

Knight

Liles

Kessel

Biggs

Colbourne

I realise these are two seperate deals, but I would say that both teams are going to look a lot better for these deals. Obviously Boston's end paid off first, but I think there's a lot to like on both ends. Even if it took Greg Sherman to be a complete fucking buffoon to solidify the Leafs' end.

I think the Kessel trade is still fine. If you combine those two trades (which with Liles is basically complete within Boston and Toronto)

Kaberle

Seguin

Hamilton

Knight

Liles

Kessel

Biggs

Colbourne

I realise these are two seperate deals, but I would say that both teams are going to look a lot better for these deals. Obviously Boston's end paid off first, but I think there's a lot to like on both ends. Even if it took Greg Sherman to be a complete fucking buffoon to solidify the Leafs' end.

You should find a new team to cheer for until you get a better GM :shifty:

Lots of Canucks fans in jail right now if you're looking for a bandwagon with some room on it.

Kessel deal is going to take another two or three years. Kessel is a great goal scorer. We will see if Seguin or Hamilton develop. With the Cup win, I'd actually say it worked for Boston. They needed the cap space more then they needed Phil Kessel, and now they are champions.

What a steal by Burke. This is the best trade I've seen a franchise make since the Vopat trade in the nineties.

Leafs fans are willing to add Plubby and Drags to the Liles deal for future considerations.

To Toronto:

Plubby

Dragsy

To Colorado:

Brett Lebda

Mr. Potato Head

MPH already plays for Colorado.

Leafs fans are willing to add Plubby and Drags to the Liles deal for future considerations.

To Toronto:

Plubby

Dragsy

To Colorado:

Brett Lebda

Mr. Potato Head

I am all for any trade that means less Lebda.

So I'm really surprised we were able to trade Campbell for Olesz, though it makes sense because Florida needed the contract to stay at the floor level of the cap. Hopefully we use the extra 7M (assuming Olesz is buried in the AHL or traded for a keg if John Madden returns) on securing a #2 center and a #4 D-Man who can move the puck.

Also, lol Washington for giving us a 1st rounder for Brouwer.

Olesz isn't going anywhere. I don't think Chicago's going to eat his contract and let him sit in the minors, so at worst he'll be a third line player. I'm pretty sure that the move was made strictly so they can re-sign any guys who's contracts are up, and so they have some wiggle room to fill some holes in the line-up.

You already have a puck-moving d-man in Campoli, so the need to be addressed is the same as it is everywhere else, and that's at center. There's not much on the market this year, but Brendan Morrison, Jeff Halpern, Maxime Talbot and Jason Arnott are all UFAs on July 1st. All of them would fit in nicely at the number 2 position in Chicago, and all of them would probably come at a cost that wouldn't break the bank. The one exception being Talbot, who may be looking at the highest price tag of the four men there.

Id like to see Arnott come to Toronto for a year if Burke cant land one of the big names through trade or free agency.

I think Talbot is the best fit for Toronto. He plays a really gritty style, but he has good scoring touch as well.

Arnott or Morrison would be good for the younger centers to learn from though too.

There aren't many big names available on the market, but there are a lot of guys out there as UFA's who fit the description of what teams are looking for. July 1st should be interesting.

I am just a fan of Arnott. Also, I would rather see Arnott come here and watch Colborne and Kadri continue their growth instead of seeing Brooks Laich signed long term in free agency.

Olesz isn't going anywhere. I don't think Chicago's going to eat his contract and let him sit in the minors, so at worst he'll be a third line player. I'm pretty sure that the move was made strictly so they can re-sign any guys who's contracts are up, and so they have some wiggle room to fill some holes in the line-up.

You already have a puck-moving d-man in Campoli, so the need to be addressed is the same as it is everywhere else, and that's at center. There's not much on the market this year, but Brendan Morrison, Jeff Halpern, Maxime Talbot and Jason Arnott are all UFAs on July 1st. All of them would fit in nicely at the number 2 position in Chicago, and all of them would probably come at a cost that wouldn't break the bank. The one exception being Talbot, who may be looking at the highest price tag of the four men there.

A few Chicago fans seem to dislike Campoli, but besides his blunder in Game 7 I always thought he was a nice addition to the roster. Hopefully we resign him to a fair contract and bring in a physical d-man to shore up the defense this year.

Keith-Seabrook

Hjalmersson-Leddy

Campoli - Big D-man

No UFA center really screams must have to me. But I'd rather we not have Sharp be our #2 center as a top line of Sharp-Toews-Kane is too damn sexy.

Kaberle

Seguin

Hamilton

Knight

Liles

Kessel

Biggs

Colbourne

You should find a new team to cheer for until you get a better GM :shifty:

It's pretty clear that Rick Pracey calls all the shots in the draft, because we've drafted pretty well (IMO) over the last three years. Had a couple can't-misses with Duchene and Landeskog who i'm sure will be great...It's just that every time Sherman steps near a hockey decision, things go tits-up.