NHL 2010/2011

SeanDMan

Despite what some people say, the rioters were absolutely Canucks fans.

They were looking for an excuse to riot and the Canucks were only involved insofar as being a convenient means to that end, but they were definitely fans.

...I'm sorry, were you here?

Were you one of those Canucks fans who was so upset over a hockey game that you were willing to spend the next six to ten years in jail so that you could pose in front of a burning car?

No, you weren't?

Then please shut the fuck up about things you have no idea about. Thank you. Troll somewhere else, or, better yet, just fuck off in general.

• Like 4

In the long run, it doesn't matter whether or not they were hockey fans. They saw an excuse to riot, so they did. Personally, I think they would have done it whether the Canucks won or lost. Hopefully they catch some of these guys, but I'm sure it will be tough.

Guest mr. potato head

Despite what some people say, the rioters were absolutely Canucks fans.

They were looking for an excuse to riot and the Canucks were only involved insofar as being a convenient means to that end, but they were definitely fans.

...I'm sorry, were you here?

Were you one of those Canucks fans who was so upset over a hockey game that you were willing to spend the next six to ten years in jail so that you could pose in front of a burning car?

No, you weren't?

Then please shut the fuck up about things you have no idea about. Thank you. Troll somewhere else, or, better yet, just fuck off in general.

Where did I say they rioted because they were upset about the hockey game? If you'll look back, I actually said the exact opposite.

I'm just saying that being a rioter and being a Canucks fan are not mutually exclusive. It's okay to say 'these people don't represent Vancouver or Vancouver fans', not to say 'these people aren't Vancouver fans'.

• Like 1

2 Things.

First, MPH, shut the fuck up.

mallory-newton.jpg

These riots were not started by hockey fans; they were started by criminals who were specifically there to start a riot. PLEASE STOP PRETENDING you know more than the Chief of Police for the City of Vancouver, Vancouver's Mayor, or The Premier Of British Columbia.

Secondly, Plubby, shut the fuck up.

...wait, no, sorry. I'm just used to you being a twat lately. But this is actually good news!

Some crazy people actually think Colorado has a shot at the cup! Also they might get a shiny new goalie. Also... Colorado? Contenders for the Cup?

Anyway, interesting, non-MPH being a clown news.

Tomas Vokoun thinks Colorado has a shot at the cup.

Tomas Vokoun needs a good anti-psychotic.

I do not want Tomas Vokoun anywhere near my beloved hockey club. He is undeniably a fantastic goaltender. If he hadn't gone from Nahsville (while they sucked) to Florida (who have always sucked) he would probably be recognised as top 5 in the league. As it is, he stands behind Lou/Thomas/Miller/Lundqvist/Someone i'm probably forgetting.

The guy has a public whine when he doesn't get his way. If we had him for...three years TOPS it'd be tolerable...but with Pickard coming up through the ranks, I don't want any part of Vokoun ideally.

2 Things.

First, MPH, shut the fuck up.

mallory-newton.jpg

These riots were not started by hockey fans; they were started by criminals who were specifically there to start a riot. PLEASE STOP PRETENDING you know more than the Chief of Police for the City of Vancouver, Vancouver's Mayor, or The Premier Of British Columbia.

Secondly, Plubby, shut the fuck up.

...wait, no, sorry. I'm just used to you being a twat lately. But this is actually good news!

Some crazy people actually think Colorado has a shot at the cup! Also they might get a shiny new goalie. Also... Colorado? Contenders for the Cup?

Anyway, interesting, non-MPH being a clown news.

Please stop kidding yourself if you think not one hockey fan was the cause for the riots.

So you ALSO know better who was criminally responsible for the situation than the chief of police?

I guess you must have five stars on all the cases in LA Noire huh, Mr. Master Detective over there.

• Like 1

http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/Vancouver+chief+blames+Stanley+riot+anarchists/4957678/story.html?cid=megadrop_story

I'm not surprised that some of the people they apprehended have been involved in riots before but there's definitely an element of mob mentality in stuff like this clip, where dumbasses see other people smashing stuff and sort of jump in themselves. Not too many gasmask pyros in the clip, just regular morons in jerseys.

Guest mr. potato head

So you ALSO know better who was criminally responsible for the situation than the chief of police?

I guess you must have five stars on all the cases in LA Noire huh, Mr. Master Detective over there.

Seriously what is your problem that you don't understand how somebody can be both a professional rioter AND a hockey fan? How is that different from you being a hotel clerk AND a hockey fan AND a sex fiend?

Seriously what is your problem that you don't understand how somebody can be both a professional rioter AND a hockey fan? How is that different from you being a hotel clerk AND a hockey fan AND a sex fiend?

The point is you're arguing semantics, which you do a lot. Were they hockey fans? Possibly, although I doubt it for the ones that showed up dressed to riot. Did they riot because Vancouver lost? Very unlikely. The riots were happening win or lose. So yeah, fans or not, they didn't riot because of the game, they rioted because the opportunity was there. Mob mentality kicked in and then it just took over. I went through the same thing in 2006. The shit hits the fan because of some asshole that wants to cause it. We had cars on fire win or lose.

Edited by EndOfAnEra

Vancouver Police and Mayor have to do damage control so them just blaming it on outside forces isn't necessarily the damning evidence. I just look at it one way. Isn't the evidence that these morons were carrying gasoline and gas masks enough to say that hockey wasn't their priority? I don't see why it is that hard to understand. Did some Canucks fan join in? Absolutely. That doesn't mean they were the cause of it.

Vancouver Police and Mayor have to do damage control so them just blaming it on outside forces isn't necessarily the damning evidence. I just look at it one way. Isn't the evidence that these morons were carrying gasoline and gas masks enough to say that hockey wasn't their priority? I don't see why it is that hard to understand. Did some Canucks fan join in? Absolutely. That doesn't mean they were the cause of it.

I think what MPH is trying to say is that those people COULD like hockey.

I think MPH is just a douche.

• Like 1

We are all missing the big picture here...

Brian Burke has 2 picks in the first round and may or may not use those picks to acquire players or a higher draft choice!

Edited by Toe
  • Like 1

I'm not sure I agree. I wager he uses at least one of those picks as payment for a bottle of scotch.

• Like 1