NHL 2010/2011

SeanDMan

There was a Bettman Sucks Chant also.

I have to tip my hat to the Vancouver fans in attendance, though. The last ten seconds of the game they gave their boys a standing ovation. Had it been in Philadelphia, you would have had morons trying to get on the ice, swearing at their players, and throwing everything and anything at their own team. Of course, comparing any fans to Philly fans will make them look like Saints, but still, thought that was rather classy.

They were saving all of their hatred for the after party.

• Like 1

I have to tip my hat to the Vancouver fans in attendance, though. The last ten seconds of the game they gave their boys a standing ovation. Had it been in Philadelphia, you would have had morons trying to get on the ice, swearing at their players, and throwing everything and anything at their own team. Of course, comparing any fans to Philly fans will make them look like Saints, but still, thought that was rather classy.

Good thing they lost in OT last year, didn't give them the chance to act like morons.

• Like 1

I haven't had a chance to watch mroe than highlights of this series, but I got Game 7 recorded and avoided the result, and I really enjoyed it. The crowd were fantastic throughout (the Canadian anthem bit and all the rally towels were great), and I'm really happy to see Tim Thomas get a ring. Shame about the rioting though, reall disgraceful, especially the poor security bloke who got a kicking. Absolutely no excuse for that, put a bit of a dampener on it to see footage of cars tipped and on fire whilst the festivities on-ice were still going on.

Good thing they lost in OT last year, didn't give them the chance to act like morons.

Yeah, the Flyers fans must have missed that last year, since you know, they lost the Stanley Cup. Those riots were intense!

Oh, wait, there weren't any riots? No one got arrested after Game 6, and no one burned anything? Boy, that must make Vancouver look really bad. I mean, it's not like any other city has ever done anything wrong, like having fans run onto the field and attack a first base coach, or throwing something at a player like Ron Artest that caused him to run into the stands, or having the NYPD have to come onto the field to restore order after A-Rod slapped the ball out of a pitcher's glove.

Grow up. Every city has fans that are assholes. Apparently, since Philadelphia fans booed Santa over 40 years ago, that makes us the worst. These things happen in every city, but only Philly gets a bad rap.

• Like 1

Guest mr. potato head

Despite what some people say, the rioters were absolutely Canucks fans.

They were looking for an excuse to riot and the Canucks were only involved insofar as being a convenient means to that end, but they were definitely fans.

Yeah, the Flyers fans must have missed that last year, since you know, they lost the Stanley Cup. Those riots were intense!

Oh, wait, there weren't any riots? No one got arrested after Game 6, and no one burned anything? Boy, that must make Vancouver look really bad. I mean, it's not like any other city has ever done anything wrong, like having fans run onto the field and attack a first base coach, or throwing something at a player like Ron Artest that caused him to run into the stands, or having the NYPD have to come onto the field to restore order after A-Rod slapped the ball out of a pitcher's glove.

Grow up. Every city has fans that are assholes. Apparently, since Philadelphia fans booed Santa over 40 years ago, that makes us the worst. These things happen in every city, but only Philly gets a bad rap.

But philly fans are assholes at every game. Not only philly has a bad rep, they're just ranked near the top. However, I'd still say most of canada's teams are ahead of them.

Edited by thisgamewelose

Yeah. Plus the real reason Philly didn't riot after Game Six is because Philly fans really don't give as much a shit about hockey. The Flyers are more or less like the Sixers. Sure they have their diehards, but the majority of the fans don't care because either the Eagles are playing, or the Phillies are playing, at some point of the season.

• Like 2

Yeah. Plus the real reason Philly didn't riot after Game Six is because Philly fans really don't give as much a shit about hockey. The Flyers are more or less like the Sixers. Sure they have their diehards, but the majority of the fans don't care because either the Eagles are playing, or the Phillies are playing, at some point of the season.

Oh, Philly fans don't care about hockey? You need to get your head checked. The Sixers have sucked for almost a decade now, and that's why we don't care about them. You get people still talking about Iverson. The Flyers on the other hand, are certainly more cared about than the Sixers.

I know this link is from a few year back, but even then, the Flyers fans cared more about the Sixers.

My link

Yeah, the Flyers are beating the Sixers in attendence and ratings. Minnesota and Washington were the only other two cities to have more NHL fans than NBA fans. Want to try again about the Flyers being more or less like the Sixers?

That isn't what he said at all. He said more or less like the sixers. He didn't say anything about which team philly cared for more. I don't have the numbers, but I'm sure the eagles and phillies are still far in the lead.

The comparison between Flyers/Sixers isn't who takes whom down in a straight-up contest, but rather that Philly fans won't watch either when the Eagles/Phillies are on?

Do I understand that correctly?

The comparison between Flyers/Sixers isn't who takes whom down in a straight-up contest, but rather that Philly fans won't watch either when the Eagles/Phillies are on?

Do I understand that correctly?

Flyers/Sixers are the redheaded stepchildren of Philadelphia sports. Even if they were perennial championship contenders the fanbase wouldn't approach that of the Eagles/Phillies. In NY terms the former teams are the current Mets, Islanders and NJ teams, while the latter are the Yankees and Giants. The Nets went to back to back Finals within the last decade and they made no dent whatsoever in Yankees talk on the local sports talk stations in May and June of those two seasons.

Guest mr. potato head

I don't think the people who showed up with gas and gasmasks were. It's come out that some "anarchists" were waiting for thIs. But I think the initial car flippers were.

How do you know that they're not hockey fans? Lots of people are hockey fans. It's just not why they were there. -_-

Some people were just looking for an excuse to riot. I mean they brought gasoline and even a vehicle to burn before the game even started.Of coarse Vancouver fans were going to riot, it was game 7 in their hometown. Disgraceful but it was expected.

Edited by SykoD