Steam has a summer sale going on

GhostMachine

Steam has a summer sale going on that started a couple of days ago and runs through July 4th. They have a lot of good discounted deals and daily specials. (As I'm typing this, the specials will change in just under 18 hours) The sale has games from various publishers discounted (for instance, all Rockstar games are 25% off, all Valve and Capcom games are 33% off and all NovaLogic and Tripwire games are 50% off)

Right now the daily specials include Left4Dead 2 (including The Passing campaign) for $10.20, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition for $7.49 and Company of Heroes Complete Pack (the game and 2 expansions) for $24.99

Haven't bought anything yet, but I picked up 3 different games during their winter sale.

Edited by GhostMachine

Mentioning Steam reminded me of the awesome Audiosurf, which is now apparently £1.50! I dunno if this is sale price or not as I don't use Steam. But this tempted me. Or at least made me kinda wanna dig out my version that I got a couple of years back.

Pretty sure it included Last.FM support too (although my version didn't).

Edited by TheModernWay

Deals today include Half Life 1 for $2, Kane & Lynch: Dead Men for $5, Eve Online for $2 (although that doesn't include the monthly fee), 75% off all Civilization games and Warhammer 40,000 DoW2 for $20.

I may get Kane & Lynch, everything else I already have or don't actually want. Can't believe I missed the Killing Floor sale though. :(

Okay, yeah, I can't not buy Half-Life for that price. Was Team Fortress 2 on sale for more than 33% off on the first two days of the sale, does anyone know? I'm thinking of waiting that one out until the last day.

Was Team Fortress 2 on sale for more than 33% off on the first two days of the sale, does anyone know?

It had a sale about two weeks ago due to it coming to Mac, but I'd wait a couple of days and see if it gets an even lower deduction. If nothing happens by the last day though (July 3rd), I'd get it at that price, since it's still very good anyway.

See, I already have HL on disc but I dunno if that would be tied to my other Steam account which I can't accsess.

Most of the games I have on disc/just installed onto my computer (like Battlefield II or League of Legends) work on both my account and my brothers, so it should work. You may want to test it first though. If it doesn't, then meh, it's only $2.

Edited by Black Majik

Holy Shit Civ 4 Compleed Edition for 9,99€. The Boxed Mac Version of this still is selling mostly seperated for up to 100€

Consider me happy. :lol:

Can you burn these games to a disk or do you always have to redownload them? Before this i onl had Portal (wich i played for 5 minutes since it´s free and... you know, summer n uni...)

Wow, i am downloading with 200kb... could do six times as fast on rapidshare...

And i can only play this wen i am online? So no playing on a Trainride?

If you want to be steam frinds with me it´s "DrRadon" - i asume you could beat me at... something... Online?

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

Can you burn these games to a disk or do you always have to redownload them?

You can't burn them, but it installs them onto the computer. You have to open them up from Steam, but you only download them once.

And i can only play this wen i am online? So no playing on a Trainride?

If you set Steam to Offline Mode before you go anywhere without internet (like, just before you leave the house or something), you should be able to access everything fine.