2010/2011 UEFA Champions League

EddieG

Was at the United match. If it was a regular United team I'd probably be very disappointed. However, from the moment the first name called out for United was Tomasz Kuszczak it was apparent that one eye was on the Liverpool game and the other eye really wanted to join it. It wasn't a team you'd put out if you wanted to take the sword to your opponents. It's a bit annoying since Rangers showed little to no adventure and a stronger team could probably have broken through that defence but beggars can't be choosers, a point's a point.

I really hope Valencia recovers from this injury as swiftly as possible. He was brilliant last season, a quick, strong, hard-working player who just got on with his job and never complained.

On the match itself, it was a frustrating game but a draw was a fair result. Rangers were very organised and we didn't have the creativity needed to break them down. We've drawn (and lost) these sort of CL games before so I'm not reading too much into it, especially since we didn't play Berbatov, Nani and Scholes - our three best attacking players this season. I'm far more concerned about Valencia's injury than 'only' getting 1 point in a CL match.

Edited by Dynamite

What exactly is it going to take for a Scottish club to be consistently decent in Europe?

Not saying actually going on to win or anything crazy like that, just a decent run every now and then, something for the poor ole Scots to get excited about.

It's the Catch-22 of needing to attract better players in order to do well, in order to attract better players etc.

Beyond that, maybe Mourinho would be able to sneak them through to the next round at least. If he got lucky. :shifty:

What exactly is it going to take for a Scottish club to be consistently decent in Europe?

Not saying actually going on to win or anything crazy like that, just a decent run every now and then, something for the poor ole Scots to get excited about.

what the fuck are you talking about? If I really wanted to get so "excited" about a decent European run I could just declare myself to be a Manchester United fan out of nowhere. It worked alright for you, didn't it?

Who they playing?

And personally I feel both Celtic and Rangers would need a move down south before they could start to challenge in Europe again. Next year only one Scottish team can play in the CL and don't they have to go through the qualifying stages? It could be a tough period for Scottish football and without CL football is there really much benefit to them both staying in the SPL? Surely it'll just make it even harder to attract decent players whereas if they were in the EPL they could do it with relative ease as they're big clubs.