2010/2011 UEFA Champions League

EddieG

• Admin

I dunno. I think we can get out of that group if we get results versus Bremen. Would have been nice to have avoided Twente from Pot 4 but I guess better them than an unknown quantity like Zilina.

Day out at the San Siro would be fantastic, if only I could get tickets....

Hmm not too bad a group could do without a trip to Turkey, we seem to have a history of pulling them in the group stage. I see us easing past Rangers, beating the Turkish at home, beating Valencia at home and maybe dropping points away in Turkey and Spain. Valencia will be the trickiest team, even without Villa, Silva and Marchena, they will still be competitive.

Wish Spurs had drawn Barca just so they could get beat and we end all the nonsense of them being capable of beating Barcelona (a team that has been setting all types of awesome for the last few years :P)

I would like to see Tottenham get through but I have my doubts about 'Arry as a top level manager and whether their defence will hold up at European level. I guess results against Bremen will be key as points against Inter will be hard to get.

I would like to see Tottenham get through but I have my doubts about 'Arry as a top level manager and whether their defence will hold up at European level. I guess results against Bremen will be key as points against Inter will be hard to get.

For some reason Bremen has a very good record against italian teams. I think we will score points against twente and inter... island teams usualy are a bigger problem and our defence tends to be shit on more than just some days. Maybe that will change with Naldo back and Silvestre on a free tranfer. Will be an interesting group to play. Already got my tickets for the home games. :->

Well based on the way Rafa likes his teams to play Inter are going to be as tight as ever at the back and aim to hit us on the break. Hopefully Daws won't play with the pace and manouvrebility of a sinking oil tanker against them :shifty: should be able to put them under the pressure and can cause trouble, waiting for the day a ref finally does Lucio for diving leading them exposed for the tap in, preffereably in a 1-0 win at the San Siro ;)

Bremen are a decent side and could be a wide open corker in both games. Ozil has gone which is a relief but I'm not stupid enough to think they were a one man team. See how Mertesacker copes with Crouchy, should be tougher than Heskey at least!

Realistically we'd probably need to do the double over Zilna as well as picking up results off the other two and certainly at the Lane. Looking forward to the group and just hope that Spurs don't ruin themselves psychologically as they are wont to do sometimes.

Just before you get your hopes up, don't expect very much from Silvestre at all.

We´ll see, Bremen has a good trackrecord of getting something out of certain players with a bad reputation. Diego, Özil, Micoud... this season starting of great with Arnautovice... and if you played 11 years at top clubs in the premire league including a win of the CL there must be something about you that works, even if it´s only helping the younger players with your experience.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

It depends on which role he is used in. He's always been much better as a left-back than in the middle, although Wenger didn't seem to want to use him there when there were injuries to Clichy and Gibbs. His main problem is his consistency and tendency to be very sloppy in possession which can be very costly at centre back. If Bremen can help sort those out a bit then he could be a useful player for you. It's a shame he has been seen more of a liability in recent years (especially after the mistakes against Barcelona and Spurs) because I have some great memories of him at United and he did very well for us.

Right now Naldo is injured so we have a problem with our Full Backs, but in gennerel the biggest issue of our defence is the defender on the left outside. The question is how long a 33 year old is able to go the tempo this position requires. Esp. with a very offensive team like Bremen. He should be running up an down the field all match long.

• 2 weeks later...

Don by a German Werder Suporter. A Video about the quali Matches against Genua. I guess with Spurs plaing us this week you might be interested... it´s a lot better than most Fan created Soccer Videos you will find on YouTube.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane