2010/2011 UEFA Champions League

EddieG

Worst I've seen us play since probably Hoddle being in charge. YBB got three up without actually playing that well. Still got a goal at the right time. Redknapp to give them a bollocking and it's still feasible to turn it around. Fucking shambles though and we're lucky to still be in with even a half chance, 135 minutes yet, still plenty of time.

Spurs played absolutely fine once BAE had gone off 30 minutes in. Very average performance but still played that lot off the park for most of the game. 3-2 wasn't what I'd have wanted 2 hours ago ago but I would have given anything for it an hour and a half ago.

Spurs will win the second leg and progress, no problems.

More posession than the Swiss, more of everything really except goals. They had three shots on target all game pretty much and scored them all. That won't happen in the second leg so I'm satisfied.

There's still plenty of time, and I naturally want the English team to qualify, but were you really that bad to go 3 down, or was it just lucky play by Young Boys? (ie. Arsenal goal vs. Liverpool)

It was really bad. YBB didn't actually need to play well at all to get three up. First goal it comes off a chap offside and another one is in acres of space to clear up and the other two were piss poor defensive gaffs. It was humiliating that we decided not to try and draw or win at the end. Given that they played with everyone behind the ball due to slow build up play and that's exactly how they'll play next week it's not over (see also, Stoke, Wolves, Hull). Still think we can do it as we can't possibly play that bad again and the atmosphere the crowd will generate will drive us forward but not happy with the "yeah, we're happy to lose this" attitude at the end.

Spurs played absolutely fine once BAE had gone off 30 minutes in. Very average performance but still played that lot off the park for most of the game. 3-2 wasn't what I'd have wanted 2 hours ago ago but I would have given anything for it an hour and a half ago.

Spurs will win the second leg and progress, no problems.

More posession than the Swiss, more of everything really except goals. They had three shots on target all game pretty much and scored them all. That won't happen in the second leg so I'm satisfied.

Played them off the park? What game were you watching, I think you can count yourself very very lucky to still be in the tie, a bit of better finishing by Young Boys and you could have been 5-1 losers easily. Tottenham really didn't show much at all and if that's how you perform against Young Boys away then I think your time in the Champions League will be real real short.

• Like 1

Pretty dire first-half performance. We looked nervous, and they didn't look at all comfortable on that plastic pitch. 1 or 2 nil at home, on grass, is achieveable on that evidence, but we need to pull our fingers out because that was not good enough by a long shot.