Football Manager 2011

Dan

Further developments in my ever-so-curious CM 01/02 career...

After quitting the Farnborough Town job and becoming the Dutch national coach, I breezed through the World Cup 2006 Qualification phase barely conceding a goal against the assorted Titans and Goliaths that are Ireland, Finland, Belgium and Moldova. Some nasty friendly results against Germany and Italy, but eh. I've been drawn in a World Cup group alongside Norway, Uruguay and Angola with an FA expectation of the quarter-finals. Should be pretty straight-forward.

So it's February 2006 and I'm keeping an eye on any decent jobs that might come available in the top tier of any league. After failed applications with the likes of Benfica and Manchester City, I apply to Dundee United and they accept. Slightly annoyed that I'm now managing two orange teams, but there you go.

The Dundee United board are expecting European qualification.

I had to go and investigate exactly what they are asking of me.

European qualification can be achieved either by finishing 1st-3rd in the League or winning the Scottish Cup (or finishing 4th and hoping one of the top three win the cup). With 28 out of 38 league games having already been played, Dundee United are 7th with 35 points. The team in 3rd (Aberdeen) have 54 points, so that's a 19 point gap to overcome in 10 games. Assuming Aberdeen, the other Dundee, Hibs and Motherwell don't score any points in the meantime, of course. I'm pretty certain that's virtually impossible.

So I guess that means I have to win the Scottish Cup. And lo, I'm already set to face Rangers in the next round.

Lovely.

23rd February 2006: Tim Stoker is appointed the new manager of Dundee United.

24th February 2006: Tim Stoker signs Shaun Maloney from Celtic for a fee of £3.6 million.

25th February 2006: Celtic 1 - 1 Dundee United. After Celtic take the lead in the first half, United salvage a point thanks to Shaun Maloney's equaliser.

(H)

Was in a bit of a shitty mood so decided to pick 2011 up today. I tend to normally start either League 1 or League 2 the majority of the time, so this time I decided to say "Fuck it" and launch straight in with a Man City game and just dick about a bit.

I'm a bit off the radar, just wondering what sites are best for pic/kit/logo packs and any training schedules etc people can recommend?

I can't goet CM 01/02 to work. :(

Whenever I download it, it just launches the DVD burning software on my laptop. I burn it to a DVD and when I put the DVD back in, it just shows the file again and the cycle begins from the start. It should be easier than this.

Are you perhaps burning the ISO to DVD as a straight ISO (or IMG, or whatever it is) file, rather than copying the image which will actually produce the files you want?

That may have sounded more confused than intended. :shifty:

Managing in Russia reminds me of the time I managed in the J-League way back on CM03/04. The names are quite confusing but the team names are kinda awesome. :shifty:

Although this only three foreigners in your first 11 rule is kinda annoying.

Managing in Russia reminds me of the time I managed in the J-League way back on CM03/04. The names are quite confusing but the team names are kinda awesome. :shifty:

I attempted to play the Russian league once. It seemed more restricting than the MLS. I've seen you mention you've done MLS games. Is it a pain in the ass? Or did I just not give the Russian league much of a chance?

I attempted to play the Russian league once. It seemed more restricting than the MLS. I've seen you mention you've done MLS games. Is it a pain in the ass? Or did I just not give the Russian league much of a chance?

I don't know what the Russian Premier League is like, but the Russian First Division the only restriction is what I mentioned in my post.

The MLS, once you get used to it, it's not that bad. It's basically the draft that throws people off I think. But you can operate transfers the usual way as well, as well as trade draft slots and players. Plus you can attract pretty good players to your club with the DP slot.

EDIT: Brought in a rake of new players. Including a new striker from Torpedo Moscow (I didn't realize they had fallen so low in Russian football). As well as a Nigerian who looks to be a great signing if I can get his woeful finishing up a bit higher than 5. We're now slowly climbing the league.

I think I've worked out why Everton let Rooney's contract run out. And why no other club put in a rival bid for his signature.

My God he's a whiny cock. He also has a talent for getting other players in the squad to hate him.

I think I've worked out why Everton let Rooney's contract run out. And why no other club put in a rival bid for his signature.

My God he's a whiny cock. He also has a talent for getting other players in the squad to hate him.

You'll also find out his potential ability is about that of a decent League One striker...