Football Manager 2011

Dan

Just bought this off of Steam and am downloading it while I'm at work. I really struggled with the demo with the interface and the new tactics system. I want all the new bells and whistles AND I want my sliders! Is this too much to ask!??!

Also got into trouble by putting the wrong Jermaine from my Spurs team on transfer list twice (Once because I misclicked on Defoe when aiming for Keane and once when I clicked on Defoe thinking it was Jenas). I had to start again.

I'm currently having problems with my board. Raft of injuries as I mentioned above have resulted in them thinking that I'm doing a poor job, despite being 4th MLS Eastern Conference and 8th on the play off table, a fit squad and a few wins from being higher up the table. I figure they're going to give me the sack.

I think I saw it mentioned earlier in here, but I could be wrong. Anyone else having problems with injured players complaining about lack of playing time? I wish there was a "Hey, jackass, you're hurt" response.

Never had that happen and I've played a LOT. Do you have the latest patch? Were they even playing before the injury?

I think I saw it mentioned earlier in here, but I could be wrong. Anyone else having problems with injured players complaining about lack of playing time? I wish there was a "Hey, jackass, you're hurt" response.

Never had that happen and I've played a LOT. Do you have the latest patch? Were they even playing before the injury?

No. :shifty:

I just realized I have two guys on my team with an almost identical name. I didn't realize it, because they're both injured, and one plays and the other doesn't at all. I even remember when it happened and was like 'wtf how did he get hurt again so soon?' The one that doesn't ever play came back healthy, complained about not playing, I went to my roster and saw that the one that does play still is hurt. Anyway, I transfer listed the complainer and he apologized the next day.

Anyone else had a problem with the hiring AI being absolutely retarded? It's 2019, I resigned from the England job after winning the 2018 World Cup (also won the 2016 Euro Championship), and whilst at Liverpool I won two Champions Leagues, three League titles, two FA Cups, a Europa League and two League Cups - and yet, I'm getting passed over for jobs at teams fighting relegation from the Premier League and hovering at mid-table in the Championship in favour of ex-players (Michael Owen, Didier shitting Zokora) who have failed in all their other jobs, and managers who have achieved sod all (Tony Mowbray, Steve Clarke) for everything I apply for - and yet, when I was managing England, I was getting linked with every single vacancy going, and got offered at least a couple of jobs every month.

I had a similar problem when I signed a couple of free agents during February and the game wouldn't let me register them and they were like DUDE, WE WANT SOME PLAYING TIME

Nearly mid way through my season and my Centre Back is my top scorer. Winston Reid's bagged 8 goals so far this season, mostly all of them from the back post, scoring at set pieces. He just scored a hat trick against Everton, nodding two in two corners and then scoring a penalty in the last minute. It's pretty wonderful.

The Chelsea board decide they'd love to try and expand Stamford Bridge, but planning permission was (inevitably) denied. So would they therefore consider building a new stadium? No, of course not. Sigh.

It's annoyingly difficult to find a backup keeper who's willing to be, well, a backup. I gave Ross Turnbull about 20 games during the season but he still complained that he wanted more first-team time (I thought that was pretty generous, frankly <_<), so I said I'd allow him to leave in the summer. There's no point trying to replace Cech because he's still only 28 and could even remain my keeper of choice for another decade yet, so I need to find a keeper of the right "quite-good-but-also-shit-enough-to-know-his-place" level of quality. Hmm.

The Chelsea board decide they'd love to try and expand Stamford Bridge, but planning permission was (inevitably) denied. So would they therefore consider building a new stadium? No, of course not. Sigh.

It's annoyingly difficult to find a backup keeper who's willing to be, well, a backup. I gave Ross Turnbull about 20 games during the season but he still complained that he wanted more first-team time (I thought that was pretty generous, frankly <_<), so I said I'd allow him to leave in the summer. There's no point trying to replace Cech because he's still only 28 and could even remain my keeper of choice for another decade yet, so I need to find a keeper of the right "quite-good-but-also-shit-enough-to-know-his-place" level of quality. Hmm.

I'm in the Zola Stadium now, it's 2016 ;)

I first had Amelia as back-up goalie but he got pissed, then Delac who didn't get pissed, then some regen. Now I still have Cech as first, regen and Delac as back-ups. As long as they are young they won't get pissed usually.

Edited by The Quasi Juice

Picked my Telford game back up. Still struggling against relegation but I've made a lot of progress since last time playing the game. Managed to increase our win ratio picking up three in the last ten and only losing twice to teams at the top of the league. Currently seated at 21st (one point away from being out of the drop zone with by far the best goal difference in the lower half of the league at -6). I decided my main problem was a lack of continuity, so I dropped some of the poorer performance players and popped some transfer listings on to show the squad I meant business - almost instant success as they started showing a lot more flow as a team and Nathan Livings and James Lawrie started uniting as a great up front pair since Uwezu's amazing form from last season has disappeared.

I'm not sure I'm going to escape relegation, but we're on target with 20 points out of 23 games, half way through the season with form slowly coming to us. I'm mostly looking forward to the transfer window opening again as I've set up the signing of a striker who has brilliant stats for a poaching position, all of the required states being above 12. Defence is strong and I've got three keepers who are constantly vying for the number one slot in the most bizarrely competitive goalkeeping set up I've ever had (and they all seem perfectly happy with it). Midfield I suspect might be out key problem, all the players give acceptable performances, but a lack of flair and creativity is stifling the strikers into generally long range efforts.

Picked this up last week and I've got to say I'm really enjoying it so far. Whilst it doesn't seem as though much has changed really since the last one I had (2008) there's loads of little cool things that really improve it. Just trying it out with Donny at the minute, in midtable in November after winning Manager of the Month for September and then going on an atrocious losing run. Won 5 of 7 away games but only 2 of 7 at home.

I wish I could actually change the option for offside goals replays not being 3D, cos it takes ages to load (which is why I just watch matches in 2D in the first place). Even though I've set it for replays to be in 2D as well it doesn't register for when it replays offside goals. Ah well.

Through 31 games with Braintree, we've won 28, lost 2, and have 1 draw. We're in Conference South. Eight of my starting eleven are from loans from higher up. Nobody is really standing out. I've just seemed to have found the perfect chemistry and game planning with this squad. We tend to play a slower, defensive counter attack style game and it's done nothing but work almost every game. We even played Chelsea somewhat tough, losing only 3-1. We're about to start the first leg of the semi-finals for the FA Trophy. Think I may hang around with them another season or two, especially if I can keep these boys together.