Football Manager 2011

Dan

This game is giving me real problems. It used to run really smoothly on my computer, and when I'd the laptop on my lap too long, it'd overheat and the PC would shut down. But now I can barely go two games without the laptop crashing and I'm sure it's FM's fault. Any suggestions?

How is that FM's fault? Sounds more like faulty memory.

It might be that you never run anything else that's so memory-intensive?

My laptop can overheat if it's a warm day and I'm not careful with it. I tend not to have it flat on my lap but draw my knees up a touch so that it can rest propped on my thighs and stomach with a bit of empty space beneath.

Enyeama is single-handedly earning me so many points that I previously would never have. I just had a run of three draws:

Arsenal (Away) 1-1

Everton (Home) 0-0

Chelsea (Away) 0-0

Last season I lost all three of those fixtures, 1-3, 1-2 and 0-3 respectively.

25 points from 14 games, 7th in the table and only 2 points less than Chelsea in 3rd. Looking good!

Done the domestic cup double with Arsenal, into the Champions League final against Barcelona, and 1 point behind Tottenham going into the final game of the season. I have a 6th placed Sunderland at home, they have a 14th placed Newcastle away. Could be a tight one.

EDIT: YES! Beat Sunderland 3-0, Spurs drew 1-1, done the treble.

If I win in the Champions League final, does that mean I've essentially won the game, and can stop playing? >_>

Edited by Liam

My laptop is bizarre with that sort of thing. Whenever I have it in my flat in Glasgow it switches itself off time and time again, but when I'm back with the parents there's never any problem. Maybe it's the altitude? >_>

But in addition to all that, I have recently had the game closing down because it was running low on memory. So I increased virtual memory which will hopefully work. But I know little about computers so it's all just guesswork.

Done the domestic cup double with Arsenal, into the Champions League final against Barcelona, and 1 point behind Tottenham going into the final game of the season. I have a 6th placed Sunderland at home, they have a 14th placed Newcastle away. Could be a tight one.

EDIT: YES! Beat Sunderland 3-0, Spurs drew 1-1, done the treble.

If I win in the Champions League final, does that mean I've essentially won the game, and can stop playing? >_>

I did that. So I resigned, and eventually took over rock-bottom West Ham - went down with them - and am now rebuilding them in the Championship.

I get like this, no matter how much I try to convince myself not to. I imagine if I reach that point with Forest however many seasons down the line, I'll start keeping an eye out for another club.

Hopefully by that point Chelsea will have imploded and I can build them up again.

I get like this, no matter how much I try to convince myself not to. I imagine if I reach that point with Forest however many seasons down the line, I'll start keeping an eye out for another club.

Hopefully by that point Chelsea will have imploded and I can build them up again.

Clubs that implode from memory (IE, those that have become wank in 2018 from previous games)

Aston Villa (Lerner dropped out)

Liverpool (Become the new West Brom, bobbing in and out of the prem over a number of years)

Tottenham

and Arsenal become midtable...

If you want a club with 'potential' over 10 years, Bradford City raced up the league tables in 2 of my games...

Yeah, just won the Champions League. So four trophies in the first season. Might see how the start goes, and then maybe look to head on.

Exactly what I did. Even after finally getting dragged down with The Hammers I didn't regret leaving Arsenal. Rebuilding them was a fun pre-season, lost almost everyone and made loads of signings (on barely any budget, may I add). Including a whole new reserve team made up of 21 year olds and younger on free signings.

Yeah, just won the Champions League. So four trophies in the first season. Might see how the start goes, and then maybe look to head on.

Exactly what I did. Even after finally getting dragged down with The Hammers I didn't regret leaving Arsenal. Rebuilding them was a fun pre-season, lost almost everyone and made loads of signings (on barely any budget, may I add). Including a whole new reserve team made up of 21 year olds and younger on free signings.

Just say 'all there was left was me, Gary Kelly and the tealady' and you'll be full Kevin Blackwell :w00t:

If only that were true. I held onto some important players. Parker, Tomkins, Delph. & I'd signed Lescott and Onuhua before I went down and they stayed around too.

Thats a solid defensive partnership for Championship (Y)

Started a new game with Fiorentina, a change from the usual Premier League or Eredivisie for me. I somehow managed to keep a clean sheet in every game so far (8 games in), despite playing against the likes of Juventus, Roma and AC Milan. I'm third in the league. ^_^ The team is not very balanced at the start, the starting line-up is decent but the reserves are low Serie A, high Serie B level. I signed;

Dante (DC) from Gladbach, what a beast, he's been class together with Gamberini.

Gabriel Silva (DL), 19 from Palmeiras I believe. Very talented youngster, has an instant starting spot (Pasqual is quite shit).

That's it. Jovetic and Vargas are definitely my best attackers.

Edited by The Quasi Juice

• Admin

Been playing as Standard Liege in Belguim, having great fun.

Romped the League & Cofidis Cup in Season One (using Defour as a Deep Lying Playmaker, and Witsel & Carcela as Inside Forwards cutting in from the wing).

Second season, picked up Victor Montano - similar in stats to my top striker Mohammed Tchite, but with a much better composure stat so all the one on ones Tchite fluffed should be eradicted.

Got spanked in the CL in Season 2, losing all 6 games against Inter, At. Madrid & PSG, but walked the League & Cup again.

Offers of big jobs have started coming in, but since I'm 6th in the Belgian Hall Of Fame, I want to do one more season to see if I can get top spot before I move.