Football Manager 2011

Dan

A good ideas as an alternative to a network game that I ran another forum is this.

Basically we get a list of people who sign up and the first person chosen at random starts a game with a team agreed beforehand. He takes the helm for a season or until January if we want a good turnover to keep up interest. That person then uploads the save file and the next person takes control of the team for a season/half a season. This process continue until we're bored. It's a good way to keep interest alive and easy to run. Everyone will be keen on th updates and we cal laugh at the failures who get our team relegated and sacked and have to move on.

I think interest would be big so maybe 2 groups of 5, each with their own save file and to make things interesting each group could start with the same team and see who leads them to success sooner.

Or you know, maybe not.

That kind of is what I was planning a while back, but as a Cube diary. After each game, I'd upload a save where everybody would then play the next game, signing players and continuing it to see who got the best results, then we'd follow their plans through to the next game, and keep going as we saw fit. Build it around a vague "Illuminati" kind of group where we have power, and it would have been quite the cool little group experience. Unfortunately I never have that much energy to go through with such an endeavour.

Sounds like fun, actually.

Also, for journeyman games, how long do you have to play before you start building up a solid reputation. I'm over mid way through the season with Mansfield and I'm in play off positions, but I want to start moving damn it. I've never changed clubs before because of the loyalty I had in my Ipswich file. Also, with my lack of league's - I only have 4 countries, with something like 10 division in the game - I can't imagine my chances of moving away from the club to a more successful team are that high.

Even though our network game didn't work out, we should get in that chat room sometime and play FM at the same time. I get quite interested reading about people's save files in here; a chatroom will discussing games could maybe be interesting. Or it could be completely sad and pointless. :shifty: But hey ho.

I'm in that chat we were in the other day for the online game now like haha, seen as though I've got FM running and the soaps on the tele :P

http://www.chatzy.com/971585616116

Has anyone ever found that playing a player out of position to be beneficial? I'm down a striker at Leicester for the formation I play until a transfer goes through, so I initially moved Lloyd Dyer up front for a poaching position since he had pace to blister in from a counter attack. He's now scored more goals than my all of my actual strikers >_>

When I sign new players I just tend to search for key stats in that area and if somebody has perfect stats for a striker/winger/whatever and they don't play in that position, I just retrain them. Seeing a hotly tipped young winger transform into a 40 goals a season striker is pretty awesome.

When I sign new players I just tend to search for key stats in that area and if somebody has perfect stats for a striker/winger/whatever and they don't play in that position, I just retrain them. Seeing a hotly tipped young winger transform into a 40 goals a season striker is pretty awesome.

I always forget to retrain people when I want them to change positions. I just stick them there and hope for the best, really.

Went with Wednesday in the end.

Transfer include Donal McDermott for £1million, Greg Cunningham and John Guidetti on loan from City, Vukic on loan from Newcastle, and a couple of other squad players.

Season started out with a loss at Exeter, then we threw away a two goal lead to draw with Walsall. Since then we've won five in a row to then draw our last game against MK Dons.

Knocked Notts County out the JPT, face Hartlepool next up. Knocked out in the 2nd round of the League Cup by a much better Stoke City. Pants. Looking good though in 4th, with the early season lumping all the teams together.

Seeing a hotly tipped young winger transform into a 40 goals a season striker is pretty awesome.

Henry-02.jpg

(Y)

A lot of people over on other boards have mentioned it is really difficult to move up for your second career job, but after that it becomes easier. It's also the fact that no matter how successful you are in the non-leagues, it doesn't really transfer into reputation, that doesn't come till you start winning trophies in the main leagues.

Went with Wednesday in the end.

Transfer include Donal McDermott for £1million, Greg Cunningham and John Guidetti on loan from City, Vukic on loan from Newcastle, and a couple of other squad players.

McDermott is awesome. I also had Guidetti on loan for a while but was disappointed...

lol, Dalglish. His position is under threat (currently 'Insecure') after taking 4 points from Liverpool's first 6 league games.

West Ham 1 - 1 Liverpool

Liverpool 2 - 2 Ipswich

Chelsea 2 - 1 Liverpool

Liverpool 1 - 3 Aston Villa

West Brom 1 - 1 Liverpool

Liverpool 0 - 0 Newcastle

They also lost 1-0 to Millwall in the Carling Cup 3rd round.

Games against City and Arsenal up next. Good luck with those, Kenny. ;)

Mancini just rejected the Manager of the Month award out of fear of the curse that managers lose the next match after winning the award. Never seen that before.

:huh:

Pics or didn't happen

Man Utd started the season with 8 straight wins, scored 26, conceded 1.

The next 8 games they've gone 1-3-4. Now Liverpool are top, which I can't fathom since I spanked them 4-1, with 9 clear cut chances, could of been a massacre.

John Terry with his workrate and aerial ability makes a good target man. I stick him up there every so often if I'm chasing a game.

I'm already considering Andy Carroll as a centre back when his pace goes if he's still in my team, 8-9 years worth of focussed training on tackling should do the trick.

I was playing 2008 last week and Carroll's only secondary positon was awkward at DC. Thought it was interesting and I turned him into the next Dion Dublin! Would probably end up being the next Gary Doherty though.

Guest mr. potato head

Sounds like fun, actually.

Also, for journeyman games, how long do you have to play before you start building up a solid reputation. I'm over mid way through the season with Mansfield and I'm in play off positions, but I want to start moving damn it. I've never changed clubs before because of the loyalty I had in my Ipswich file. Also, with my lack of league's - I only have 4 countries, with something like 10 division in the game - I can't imagine my chances of moving away from the club to a more successful team are that high.

I think reputation changes mainly between seasons.