Football Manager 2011

Dan

Complete with swiftly-inappropriate kit? :shifty:

Yeah. Can't help it. I prefer the 'action' pics than the face pics. I do want the 70,000 facepack. But I really don't want to download 7 files.

If only you knew someone in the local area with the facepack and a portable HDD.

No, they will be, when I say name value, I mean a 16 year old reserve player in the Malaysian Second Division won't have a picture.

I have no idea how Birmingham City have managed to become my bogey team. In our last 8 meetings I've won 1, drawn 2 and lost 5. This is especially irritating as they keep finishing around 15th in the league, so aren't even slightly good.

I gave up my Aston Villa game, for some reason couldn't quite get into it and have started one as AFC Wimbledon. I was inspired by someone's post in the Sports Bar about what odds you can get on them getting to the Premiership in ten years.

Somehow I had begun a Filipino invasion by signing basically every single one that is one the game (there are eight on my game and I have six of them). Phil Younghusband started off absolutely shit but his brother James started very well. Now everything has come together and I have an entirely Filipino midfield of

P Younghusband (LM) - Simon Greatwich (CM) - Chris Greatwich (CM) - J Younghusband (RM)

I hate Andy Carroll.....the bastard moans about a team talk cause we were awful so being stubborn and refusing to give into player power I'm just like I'm in charge, your being disrespectufl etc etc. Then he falls out with me, wants a transfer I refuse we have another falling out.

Lose Suarez to injury so he misses the Carling Cup final, have to play Andy Carroll and he has a stinker so I sub him, lose 3-2 aet against Blackburn despite dominating every aspect of the game :(

Bit of a mixed game week on FM as I lost the first leg in the Europa League to Braga 2-0 then beat them at home 3-0 with a 90th minute Kuyt pen then just lost to Blackburn 3-2 :(

If you dent a transfer request does it impact a performance? I've upset Demba Ba and since speaking publically about his displeasure he's been on horrible form. It's too late for him to go as there's one day left of the transfer window, should I grant his request and try and make him happy, fully knowing he can't move?

I ain't going to get good money for Andy Carroll haha. Just see what happens in the summer, what with Alexis Sanchez and Connor Wickham coming in if he still wants to go by the summer then he can for now though he can just put up with it. So far his morales stayed very poor and he's played shite but i've got no one else atm to play. Once Gerrard and Suarez are back he'll probably just be a bench warmer until he gets a grip.

I think it depends on the player and how professional he is. I denied Ashley Young's request last year and he still played well. He ended up liking me enough in the end that I could sign a new contract and stop him moaning. Now he's all but PL Player of the Year.

I had my Korean player Young request transfer because he thought we were underperforming. Then we won two in a row and he came in and scored 3 and suddenly he's requesting to come off the list again. I took him off but had words with him. Fickle. He's got 8 in 8 though so can't complain too much.

A few years ago I remember signing every younger Icelandic player in an attempt to improve their national team to qualify for the World Cup or Euro Championships. I recommend something like that as an interesting side "quest".

A few years ago I remember signing every younger Icelandic player in an attempt to improve their national team to qualify for the World Cup or Euro Championships. I recommend something like that as an interesting side "quest".

I've always liked trying that with the Finns. My current longer term goal is to lead Oxford City from Zamaretto to a stable top flight club competing for European trophies before starting to look for somewhere to move on to. I don't like watching a team I built up fall apart when I leave :( current position League Two after succesive promotions following a couple of seasons blending in. The plan for alternative location is to go to Finland and not only get a club side somewhere on the continent but to improve the whole infrastructure of the country around my team (keeping ahead of course) which seems to be possible under the newer "dynamic leagues".

I'll probably get bored though long before the long vision comes into play :shifty:

Will someone do me a favour?

I want to start a game and maybe a diary managing Ireland but it's annoying that I don't have the option to try and call up Jamie O'Hara, Jermaine Pennant, Anton Ferdinand and Kevin Nolan because in game they've "declared" for England when in reality they haven't. As I said before the editor has never worked on my current PC no matter what year of the game. Would someone who has the editor go into the January update DB uncheck declared for nation on those players and add Ireland to Jermaine Pennant and Ferdinand, ensuring I have the option offer them a call-up. Then upload the DB if it's not too big a file

Thanks in advance. :)

Edited by The Cool One

Withdrawal symptoms from the football season (yes, already) have promoted me to load FM11 for the first time since January; hopefully to stop me buying FIFA. I've loaded up a Liverpool game I have, obviously still with Torres, and I'm going to give that a blast now. It's in January and I appear to have signed Jan Vertongen, Eden Hazard and Chendu Obasi; and have Affelay coming on a free in the summer. Might have a cheeky pop for Suarez if I have the funds.

Anyway, gonna see how I do. I got the old feeling of loading up a save game long since played and panicking when I remembered I haven't a clue what my usual XI was and who was on/off form.

And a good run of results, including hammering Spurs 4-1 comes to an end with a 2-1 defeat at Newcastle; who had 'remember him,' blast-from-the-past, Subbuteo Squads and Pannini sticker collections star striker Steffan Iversen up front.

It's good to be back.