Football Manager 2011

Dan

We're playing Scotland next year?

Anyway, I'm getting seriously fucked off with this journeyman game, I can't start to progress up the leagues because no matter which club I find myself at I'm not scoring enough goals - mainly because I have no fucking shots and certainly none on target. I've never had this problem before (not for like 5 consecutive seasons at 3 different clubs <_< ). I've tried everything, new strikers, new midfielders, different team tactics, different player tactics. Nothing is working.

Fuck this game. :shifty:

Edit: It's been 18 games since I scored two in a game and I've only scored 8 in that time. Plenty of 0-0 draws but the ability to score would mean that I could maybe, I dunno, win occasionally.

So Javier Aguirre leaves Arsenal on the 13th of December 2013 for the Inter Milan job. With Arsenal top of the Premier League they want to get someone in quickly. On the 14th of December they appoint Kevin Kilbane as their new manager in his first managerial post after spending 18 months as a youth coach with the club. Yeah that'll work. <_<

We're playing Scotland next year?

Anyway, I'm getting seriously fucked off with this journeyman game, I can't start to progress up the leagues because no matter which club I find myself at I'm not scoring enough goals - mainly because I have no fucking shots and certainly none on target. I've never had this problem before (not for like 5 consecutive seasons at 3 different clubs <_< ). I've tried everything, new strikers, new midfielders, different team tactics, different player tactics. Nothing is working.

Fuck this game. :shifty:

Edit: It's been 18 games since I scored two in a game and I've only scored 8 in that time. Plenty of 0-0 draws but the ability to score would mean that I could maybe, I dunno, win occasionally.

So naturally I go and beat high-flying Lincoln 4-2 in my very next game :P

I've had similar goalscoring woes with Tranmere in League 2. I took over after they were relegated from League 1 and we got off to a roaring start, ten points clear at the top of the table going into November. Perhaps my favourite result was a 5-3 win over AFC Wimbledon, where Warren Cooper, a back-up to the back-up youth striker who was drafted into the role in an emergency, inexplicably went and scored four goals.

Since just before Christmas though, the goals have dried up. We still dominate matches, but we just do not score, and we've lost a frustrating amount of matches by 1-0, 2-0 and 2-1 scorelines. We've slipped from 1st to 3rd, clinging onto the final automatic promotion place as we enter March. If it hadn't been for a decent run of form in early January and winning our last two matches after a switch to a 4-2-3-1 formation. I think we should just be able to cling on to automatic promotion, but ideally I'd like to take the title...

Edited by jack95

So Keisuke Honda is finally a Monaco player after passing his medical. £20mil is fine but he's £68,000 a week. Probably worth it though if he performs well. I've been told it's a good idea because he'll sell loads of stuff back in Japan. Huzzah. He speaks English too so he can converse with me and half the squad.

I tried applying for a few national sides, I wasn't expecting the England job, but I thought I had a decent shout with the Switzerland one. Board got angry, so I had to resign. Luckily, Portsmouth picked me up. I've signed on Kyle Walker and Reo Coker, along with free agent Anton Ferdinand and Paulo Ferreria. Hoping to make a surge back to the Prem.

I've only got a couple of leagues loaded so I can't apply for most of the thousand national jobs that come up. I did apply for Spain, Italy and Belgium after the 2014 World Cup (I wanted Belgium, damn it!)...but they rejected me because my rep wasn't good enough yet.

Hopefully I'll get a few choice European options after Euro 2016. Anyone but England. :shifty:

anyone-but-england.gif

I had a game with a number of small European and ex Soviet Union nations. Took over Qarabag Agdem, finished 3rd the first season and won the next 4 titles on the trot. Got the Kazakhstan national team job and finished 3rd out of 5 in my Euro qualifying group but did not qualify for the playoffs. Quit the Qarabag job because I could not get anyone else to offer me a job. Once I was unemployed I was beating clubs off with a stick until I eventually took the Rubin Kazan job. In my first season with Rubin and hoping to crack the top 3 but there are some excellent teams and the Russian player minimums are a real pain.

My board spent a year (and presumably some money) upgrading my youth training facilities from "average" to..."average".

What kind of cowboy did they employ to do this? <_<

Your board maybe should take advice from the one and only

%7B2C88FE88-87D2-4E4A-AC1A-65B140F57556%7DImg100.jpg

My board spent a year (and presumably some money) upgrading my youth training facilities from "average" to..."average".

What kind of cowboy did they employ to do this? <_<

bush-cowboy.jpg

"Maw work here is dun."

• Like 1