Football Manager 2011

Dan

I agree with 9 to 5 that a succession game might lead to a sort of "deadline" forming and people might start finding it tedious instead of enjoying a game, everyone starting a game and just progressing would be better in my opinion.

Also to the person that asked about Fulham's budget, this link has the info for all English teams(5 divisions) http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/24766/t689249-english-league-teams-information-wages-transfer-budgets-all-5-divisions.

Fulham's is around the 400K mark.

So reading the posts by you guys, I got the urge to start a Premier League game. Decided to go with Villa as I love having teams with out and out wingers and Villa have Downing, Young, Agbonlahor and Albrighton all at the start.

Signed Jordi Gomez for like £2m as a backup in Midfield, since every villa midfielder is defensive apparently, and Randy Lerner went and got me Ryan Shawcross at my request for £12m. So I offloaded Richard Dunne as I dislike him :shifty:

Gone with a 4-5-1/4-3-3 ish (It's kinda of 4-1-2-2-1, I dunno). Basically Bent up top on his own with Young and Downing out wide. I've got them playing fast, short, sharp football and after a disappointing 1-1 draw at Huddersfield in my first friendly, we've won our other 5 and just beaten Atletico Madrid 5-4 away from home. Really into this game so far (albeit very early days). Really liking Villa's squad. Hardly got a player over 25 and hardly a player that isn't British.

Edited by Whisper in the Wind

I agree with 9 to 5 that a succession game might lead to a sort of "deadline" forming and people might start finding it tedious instead of enjoying a game, everyone starting a game and just progressing would be better in my opinion.

Also to the person that asked about Fulham's budget, this link has the info for all English teams(5 divisions) http://www.neoseeker...ll-5-divisions.

Fulham's is around the 400K mark.

There isn't really a deadline though, say every one does 3 months game time a turn, that shouldn't take more than a week or so, and if they update the thread with monthly run downs of results etc. that should keep the thread ticking over. And if someone wants to finish their turn early, they just upload the latest save file and the next person takes over.

I quite like the idea of doing it in South America or Asia, get people out of their comfort zones. England, Italy and Spain are absolute no no's.

Holy fuck, my board allowed me precisely... £500k to spend from the sale of Leigh Griffiths. Thanks, Milan.

Thankfully, that was all I needed to sign Garry Kenneth from Dundee for £300k and Shkrodan on loan from Everton to try and plug my defence. I also had another £1m cash left over in the budget to sign Alex Smithies through a minimum fee release clause from Huddersfield. Just 21 and already nearly better than James and Speroni, in 29 games in League 1 he had conceded 26 and, to my reckoning is an absolute steal, all things considered. We're lying in 9th, which is two better than the media prediction, and just 2 points off the play-offs. Hopefully now I've tried to fix the hole in defence and have a few strikers to mix things up and keep teams on their feet rather than trying (and failing) to mark Leigh Griffiths, I should be able to make a run for the top 6.

I'm thinking about letting my Liverpool contract run down and become a free-agent.

Options im possibly going to go for is;

- Wait and wait and wait for the Leeds job to come available.

- Build a lower league club up that has Premiership potential but needs a large push and revamp, also never played Premiership football, eg. Notts County, Peterbrough or Bristol City.

I'm thinking about letting my Liverpool contract run down and become a free-agent.

Options im possibly going to go for is;

- Wait and wait and wait for the Leeds job to come available.

- Build a lower league club up that has Premiership potential but needs a large push and revamp, also never played Premiership football, eg. Notts County, Peterbrough or Bristol City.

I like that idea. It's kind of like the 'bring former glory club back to the promised land', but a case of actually getting there in the first place.

Just started a game with twelve nations loaded, with the ultimate goal of winning the Champions League 13 times with 13 different teams, all representing their nations capital.

Netherlands - Ajax

Greece - Panathinaikos

Germany - Hertha Berlin

Scotland - Rangers

Denmark - FC Kobenhavn

Ukraine - Dynamo Kyiv

Portugal - Benfica

England - Tottenham

Spain - Atl. Madrid

Monaco - Monaco

Russia - CSKA Moscow

France - Paris SG

Italy - Lazio

I'm starting in Portugal.

Edinburgh is capital of Scotland.

Speaking of Everton. Ended up double managing Colombia and Pompey, saw the Barca job was open, I knew I wouldn't get it but I wanted to give it a shot. In the end, I got a job at Everton and I'm on a horrible losing streak. Playing Fulham now so hopefully I can finally get a win out of this team.