Football Manager 2011

Dan

I've done my annual Man Utd in League Two save, where I start in League Two and try to keep hold of my best players while struggling to pay the debts/loans because of the lower prize money, tv rights and sponsorship.

As expected I got through league two and league one unbeaten, then almost made it through the championship unbeaten too, but I lost to Cardiff in the 44th game of the season. Man Utd, Everton and Hull went up to the Premiership that season, and my first season back in the premiership was a bumpy ride.

In Feb I think it was I went in to administration and had 9 points deducted from me, I was about 300,000 a week over the wage bill because of the recievers changing everything around, and went on a winless streak. 90 Million in the red I decided to try and shift a few big name players to reduce the wage bill and rake in the money. I sold Wayne Rooney first to Arsenal for 28.5m, and luckily that seemed to make everything better and the next day I was no longer in the red and back at £0.

Awesome season for Everton too, and I would've got Champions League football if I hadn't got deducted points.

ae5is6.png

The fuck.

I just won the Champions League in my first season with Olympique Lyonnais :w00t:

I wish I got that close. A Champions League semi final was where I got to including memorable beatings of Chelsea, At Madrid, Inter etc. Congrats man :)

I paid £13 less than you did for Afellay :P , he was shit, so I flogged him for £5m to Werder Bremen after a season.

I got a new PC recently, so decided to try a journeyman game with loads of leagues turned on.

I have all the leagues from Austria, Belgium, Denmark, England, Finland, France, Germany, Holland, Italy, Norway, Portugal, Russia, Scotland, Serbia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland activated. I'm pretty sure I've got it on large database too.

Loading/processing times are bearable, with only a little 'lag' when you click the browse button.

As for the game itself - I got the job at Airdrie - and promptly got them relegated to Scots Div 3! They punished me by... offering me a new contract :huh: I then won the league in the second season.

Early into the third season and I was 4th (I think). Then Walsall offered me a job, and I took it. I'm basically going with the 'rule' that I *have* to accept *any* job offered to me and see where it gets me.

Walsall were 21st in League 2 after 15 games. I ended up getting them to finish mid-table. A lot of my players were out of contract and, because of the ridiculously small wage budget, I couldn't offer them a new deal and they left. I managed to eventually get the wage budget down and was doing quite well in the next season.

Managed to get Walsall to 9th place by December, and was offered the job at Oldham.

So, as per my own rule, I am now manager of Oldham. They were 21st in League One, quite a bit over wage budget and have a small squad. Despite my best efforts, the team grossly underperformed and we were relegated. I've managed to sign a fair few decent loan players this season and, hopefully, we'll make the play-offs at the end of this one.

The Collyer brothers are Everton fans.

Everton are shit on my game though. Constant relegation candidates but never go down.

Is it possible to get yourself on a club's favourite personnel screen? I shit miracles at Leeds and I'm still not even regarded as favoured personnel let alone an icon or legend.

It is. It's just random. However moment you leave you become one of the most disliked people which is rather stupid on the game and they need to sort that out.

Is it possible to get yourself on a club's favourite personnel screen? I shit miracles at Leeds and I'm still not even regarded as favoured personnel let alone an icon or legend.

It's definitely possible, I've done it before on the game. It's very hard though, I've never been an icon or legend, and when I was able to scrape onto favoured personnel I was removed as soon as I left the club. Apparently it bases a lot of it on how many trophies you win, so if you did well at Leeds but didn't win any silverware, it's unlikely you'd get on it...

It's definitely possible, I've done it before on the game. It's very hard though, I've never been an icon or legend, and when I was able to scrape onto favoured personnel I was removed as soon as I left the club. Apparently it bases a lot of it on how many trophies you win, so if you did well at Leeds but didn't win any silverware, it's unlikely you'd get on it...

It's definately possible. I've been in charge of AFC Wimbledon for 5 years, taken them from the Conference to the Premiership and in that time I've only managed to win the Championship but I'm now listed in the Favoured Personnel and my job status is Very Secure...despite about a week ago being Untouchable

It is. It's just random. However moment you leave you become one of the most disliked people which is rather stupid on the game and they need to sort that out.

I left Liverpool and was still listed under favorite personnel.

Then again, so was Torres.

Its odd, I was put on the list of icons at Liverpool for aLeague cup win, but League 1 to Prem champions with Leeds doesn't get you anything... funny set of fuckers us Leeds fans.

I left Liverpool and was still listed under favorite personnel.

Then again, so was Torres.

I won the treble two seasons and a double in one season with Liverpool on an old FM and left to go to Inter and the moment I did, I was of the favoured personal :( Made me sad haha

So I started a game with Rotherham in League 2. Won the league at the first time of asking, no problem. Just finished my second season where I finished 4th, then lost the playoff final to Sheffield Wednesday. Also somehow managed to get through to the final of the JP trophy, then lost to fucking Aldershot in the final!

The major problem I have is consistency, I'll go on a unbeaten streak of like 15 games, then suddenly lose the next 5 in a row..

Finished 6th with Catania, a lost to Torino in the second last game of the season and a draw with Inter in the final game cost us a chance at the Champions League.

I'll be interested to see what budget I'm given, or if I'll stick around much longer, I'm not too sure I like Catania as much as thought I would.

Meanwhile, Stig Bjornabye has ruined my old Viking side who now lie 8th, and my first side AFC Wimbledon got relegated from the Football League, eight years after I got them promoted. :(

My current plan for my Fulham game is to do everything in my power to get Matthew Briggs an England cap. Sod where the team end up, that is all that matters :shifty:

I once managed to take non-league footballer Courtney Pitt and turn him into an England international on CM03/04 by having him be part of my Millwall side that nearly got into the Champions League. He got like, 1 cap, but still.

I also have a habit on those rare times I manage the Republic of Ireland, of capping League of Ireland players now and again just for fun. I think I once fielded an entire League of Ireland XI for an international friendly against someone awful. This may have been the same game where I dropped Robbie Keane for about six months too. :shifty:

Edit: In my actual game news: Portsmouth are attempting to get themselves out of League 2 via the play-offs. (It's all gone wrong for them after more administration fun) and I am making cheeky bids for top players now that I have gotten my 30million budget. For example, I've made offers for both of Napoli's strikers who together scored about 40 goals in the previous season. And a 33 year old Danielle DeRossi!