Football Manager 2011

Dan

I've never gone much further than two or three seasons in FM before...I am like...eight into this game and loving it.

Still going to buy FM2012 though....or at the least start with the demo. I am a sports game addict like that. Going to add FM and probably FIFA/PES to NHL to my sports game yearly loop. It'll do my wallet in for sure :w00t:

Yeah, gonna get FM12 too. The only one I really passed on was 09, because it was shit and 08 was better.

So, after 3 season in Benfica, I ended up winning the CL in my last season against Real Madrid. After that, I had to resign, as that was the most I could take that team.

After resigning, I had several offers (including one from Sparta Roterdam, a team that was in the 2nd Dutch division, were over their salaries budget and had no money to spend). I decided to go to a relegated WBA, just for the fact that they had won the Curling Cup. Sitting at 14th in the League, but I am 6 games back so, if I can win all of those games, I am going to be 1st. Just beat Ipswich to make the Carling Cup semis, and I am in good position to make past the group stage in the Europa League

Ishmael Miller is just tearing shit up. 30 goals in 23 games, an absolute beast

Almost lost in the Europa League. Espanyol beat us 2-1 at their place in the second leg. Theo Walcott saved us with the goal to send us through 3-2. Then we lost 2-0 to Spurs in the next league fixture.

Panthikonikos and Liverpool are our next four fixtures. I demand revenge on Liverpool for what they did to me in the FA Cup. :@

I'm thinking about getting FM11, I don't know much about FM so I have a few questions. I was gonna buy it on Steam, would people recommend this or should I buy the CD? My other query is about updates. Are there official updates of the game throughout the season to update transfers or are there unofficial updates say on a monthly basis. I play CM01-02 alot and since that game came out there has always been monthly unofficial updates to keep the game up-to-date, is there something similar for FM? That's all I really want to know, any help appreciated.

I bought it through Steam and it's perfectly fine. There are rare official updates, usually just big fixes and end of transfer window updates. There won't be anymore official updates. However I think there are a fair few unnofficial ones on Susie

I'm starting to play it on a more frequent basis after buying it in the Steam sale a month back. I got my first "hey here's this awesome player who did the trialist game and wants to sign with you wouldn't that be awesome? HAHA, WORK PERMIT ISSUES, MOTHERFUCKER" moment the other day. Dick move, FM, dick move.

One of my Warriors decided to channel the spirit of De Jong last night and break an opponent's leg.

You can go read about it in the cube. (/plug) (Y)

Started playing my Portsmouth game again and I'm still not allowed to sign anyone. Just had two lackluster results, sitting in 11th but only 3 points off 4th. I'm just realising how nice it is to have a bigger database, I've been scouting a bunch of under 21 and 19 internationals and I have a bunch of ideas of who to sign when I get the oppertunity. This game has also given me the satisfaction of bringing a few players through your youth system and giving them a shot in your first team. Chinedu Vine is rated 1 star, potential 3 and a half - but he's averaging 7.08 and he's one of my most creative players. It's quite satisfying to give youngsters a shot and see them excell.

Putting a centreback (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R%C3%A9da_Johnson) up front to play as a target man when it's 1 - 1 against Wymcombe with ten minutes to go, you think "hey, he might win a header and set someone up".. no. no he wont. He'll score a 30 yard bullet in the 88th minute.

• Like 1

Ryan Babel, my best left winger just said he's unhappy because I signed a couple of midfielders. I told him he's my first choice, he said he doesn't believe me. Fair enough if he doesn't believe me, but why the fuck would he argue to the point where he said there's no way he's backing down. Just fucking believe me!

Yeah, player chats need overhauling on the next game. That happens for too often.

Everyone backs down from arguments on my Newcastle/Chelsea game.

Mainly because I have them rot in the reserves with a custom made training aimed to basically kill them.

Thanks. Although, the 'register players for Premier League' message came up a few hours in the day later which meant my assistant decided to register players under 21 who didn't need to be picked, yet decided to not register other players of my squad I would like to be able to play!

So, right before January, I used the RTE to release all first team players from Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal, Villa, Valencia, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Atletic, Roma, AC, Inter and a few others.

Fucking madness followed. Messi went to Juve, Rubin picked up a few, so did OM and a few German teams, Spurs signed a bunch of League One players, SWP and Rory Delap.

Valencia on the other hand now have the following team, probably going to dominate for years to come:

Víctor Valdés

Daniel Alves

Nemanja Vidic

Gerard Piqué

Patrice Evra

Michael Essien

Daniele De Rossi

Luis Suárez

Andrés Iniesta

José Antonio Reyes

Sergio Agüero

Paco Alcácer

Gareth Bale

Raúl Albiol

Alex

Cristiano Ronaldo

Mind sharing? :D

After winning promotion with WBA (on the last day, 125 goals scored, 190 in the season as a whole), and after finishing shocking the football world winning the Europa League against Zenit (Miller SHATTERED the record for goals scored in the EL, with 28), came the 2014 World Cup, with me managing Belgium.

With my starting eleven being this one:

GK Courtois

RB Swerts

LB Deschacht

CB Boyata

CB Vermaelen

DMC Defour

CM Fellaini

CM Witsel

AMC Hazard

ST Demebele

ST Lukaku

Got sorted in to a tight group, with me, Italy, Chile and Iran. Started by beating Iran 3-0 (Lukaku, Dembele and Hazard). In the other game, Chile beat Italy, and made our match, that would be next, the deciding one

I was really scared of Alexis Sanchez, but he did not play well, and we managed to win 2-0 (Dembele, Hazard). In our final game with Italy, we played a sub team and drew, 1-1 (Lukaku)

So, in the the 2nd round we go, facing a preyy good Swiss team. We barely pass beat them 3-2 (Lukaku x3), but we managed to win in the final moments of the game. Our surprise story, Canada, fell in penalties against Russia, after a 93rd minute goal from the Russians.

In the quarters, we faced Serbia and we destroyed them, 4-1 (Lukaku, Hazard, Dembele x2). We were going to take on England, the team with the top scorer so far (Rooney) and a team that destroyed Uruguay 5-0, after the South Americans had beaten Spain

We went super defensive, playing on the counter. And that worked perfectly, as we beat England 3-0 (Dembele, Mirallas x2). Mirallas was huge off the bench. In the other Semi, Brasil, the home team, beat Portugal by 1-0. We were going to face perhaps the best team in the tournament, a team that was playing at home and that was motivated to win their 6th World Cup

They would not win. Boyata, in a corner, headed it in and shocked the world, as Belgium, tiny Belgium became the Wrold Champions.

One of my best achievments ever on FM (on par with winning the World Cup on 08 with Ukraine). We just played a better, more cerebral game than the rest of the teams.

• Like 1