Video Game Crossovers

zero

So Street Fighter and Tekken are going to crossover, Mario and Sonic have finally met (sorta), what other game crossovers need to happen?

Mario & Sonic in a proper Mario/Sonic game would be fun, definitely more fun than watching them at the Olympic Games. Robotnik and Bowser team up and turn the Mushroom Kingdom into robot animals while Mario & Sonic team up to save the day.

The Resident Evil STARS get lost in Silent Hill.

Gears of War vs. Halo in the biggest testosterone explosion this side of The Expendables.

Others?

Guilty Gear vs Clayfighter

BlazBlue vs Samurai Shodown.

Wet vs BloodRayne. ....What, I liked BloodRayne. BloodRayne 2 not so much.

Painkiller vs Brutal Legend in the most over-the-top violent, insane, and metal-filled game EVER.

I'd also like to see a game done with Heavy Rain's engine, but set in the Persona universe. Preferably involving Akihiko and Mitsuru from Persona 3.

Actually, I'd like to see a LOT of games re-imagined by the Heavy Rain crew. FEAR, Eternal Darkness, Metal Gear (Hey, Heavy Rain still has more gameplay than the last two MGS games), anything really. Except Halo. Fuck Halo.

Edited by OctoberRavenO
  • Like 1

Obviously - WWE vs TNA or NASCAR vs IRL

I'd say Call of Duty/Medal of Honor team up crossover but there's no current era MOH games out yet.

Call of Duty vs Disney Sing It: High School Musical 3: Senior Year. :lmao:

But seriously, I'd go god-damn nuts over a Call of Duty/Rainbow Six crossover that would be just... wow.

Isn't a Call of Duty/Medal Of Honor crossover a bit redundant though?

"What happens when Americans fighting Nazis in World War II team up with... Americans fighting Nazis in World War II? FIND OUT IN MEDAL OF DUTY!"

• Like 5

Street Fighter/Mortal Kombat.

While Tekken being thrown into the mix is fine and all, back around 1993, it was these two franchises that really got things rolling.

I'd actually be pretty happy with a big salad bowl consisting of Street Fighter, Tekken, Killer Instinct, and Mortal Kombat.

• Like 2

WWF Smackdown versus WCW Thunder (featuring ECW Anarchy Rulz) :shifty:

Seriously though - Lemmings VS Worms. The suicidal little bastards versus the harbingers of holy hand grenades? Playing both sides would be fun as you try and save your Lemmings or cause mass destruction with your Worms.

Uncharted / Tomb Raider - let's get this out of the way, there is no way this game could not be awesome, fuck, Uncharted is just a more awesome version of Tomb Raider minus boobs (also known as the best part of Tomb Raider, lolnudecheats).

WET / No More Heroes - the sarcastic loveability of Travis Touchdown against the darkly funny and deadly Rubi Malone, all splashed along the most glorious red, white and black visuals you ever did see? Yes please.

There's loads more, but those are my big three.

Isn't a Call of Duty/Medal Of Honor crossover a bit redundant though?

"What happens when Americans fighting Nazis in World War II team up with... Americans fighting Nazis in World War II? FIND OUT IN MEDAL OF DUTY!"

Yeah I really didn't think that one through, The MOH series doesn't really have any memorable characters other than the Nazi Stormtroopers with Miniguns.

Mario & Sonic in a proper Mario/Sonic game would be fun, definitely more fun than watching them at the Olympic Games. Robotnik and Bowser team up and turn the Mushroom Kingdom into robot animals while Mario & Sonic team up to save the day.

If that game did not involve Robotnik double-crossing Bowser and turning him into an uber-strong Badnik at some point, there would be something seriously wrong with it.

• Like 2

A proper Sonic and Mario cross over would probably cause my childhood-self to explode with want for it. He does kinda jump a little when I see new Zelda games.

I don't want Sonic's shit anywhere near Mario. There's been exactly one good Sonic game in the past... probably fifteen years, and that was developed by BioWare; meanwhile, the last two or three proper Mario games have arguably been the best in the whole series. Sonic's stubborn insistence on continuing to exist is grating. I'd sooner see Mario team up with Ratchet & Clank.

In answer to this question, The Sims vs. Total War. One day you're just trying to read to improve your cooking skill, and then, BAM, Etruscans in the living room.

Fuck that, I will not be happy until I get Street Fighter vs. Mortal Kombat TO THE DEATH!

Definitely this. Or Saints Row/GTA:SA in some massive gang warfare thing perhaps.

Yes! This!

Left 4 Dead + Dead Rising!

Anything + Fallout

I'd actually like to see all the GTA's come together & make one massive, almost endless, game. Oh, and for Max Payne to randomly jack into The Matrix to finally put on the ultimate showdown with Neo. Sunglasses & pain pills everywhere!

FIFA/Pro Evo

Will never ever happen, but it's something fans of both have talked about for years because they each have their own positives.

EA are really starting to up their game with each release now though, so unless Seabass gets his finger from his arse, the gap is going to get bigger. I do understand his problem though, because the Japanese audience wants a pick-up and play arcade style game, whereas the European gamers want a sim. The World Cup game from EA had the freedom of PES 5 and it just felt better than any PES that has been released on first play.

Anyway, that's for another thread in a couple of months. So, FIFA/Pro Evo. :shifty:

I don't understand what a FIFA/Pro Evo crossover would even be. Much like crossing two WW2 shoot-em-up games, what's there to cross? Just mash the control systems up and give the clubs weird semi-legitimate names like Liverpool Reds and Manchester United Devils?

I don't want Sonic's shit anywhere near Mario. There's been exactly one good Sonic game in the past... probably fifteen years, and that was developed by BioWare

Here's the downside to no longer having a negative rep button: as far as I can tell my only remaining option is to ban you. :/

• Like 5

Well, there's aspects of the AI in both FIFA and PES that's better in different situations. Mixing the two for a better game is what I mean.

And then there's stuff like the CL license PES has, and the full PL licensing FIFA has - bringing the two together as one would be good.