NBA 2k11 or NBA Elite 11?

A-Dub

41 members have voted

1. 1. Which NBA game will/would you pick up?

How do the Mavs have no real stars? Dirkkk

I actually ment stars as in superstars in the style of Kobe/Lebron.

People who are known by everyone with even a little knowledge of Basketball.

The wee nation where i come from guys like Dirk are not known but guys like Kobe and Lebron are indeed known by lots of people.

Edited by Jasonmufc

If it helps the argument at all, I actually know who Dirk Nowitski is, so I'd classify him as a superstar! :D

And i do too. Next time i should leave talking to people like a idiot at home.

It's primarily due to all my mates not knowing who everyone is in the world of basketball. The only guys they know are the huge guys in terms of popularity.

Edited by Jasonmufc

Started a MyPlayer as a Pass-First PG. Finished the Combine and had a Team-mate Grade of A- (average of). Got drafted 24th overall by the Hawks. Got a B in the first Circuit game.

But I only have an overall of 42 (Or 41). How the hell do I get it up?

Started a MyPlayer as a Pass-First PG. Finished the Combine and had a Team-mate Grade of A- (average of). Got drafted 24th overall by the Hawks. Got a B in the first Circuit game.

Play games, do the drills and basically do the same thing you did during the combine to get your teammate rating as high as possible. Use the points you earn to increase the attributes that matter (in your case passing, dribbling, speed etc) and you'll end up in the 70-80 range by the end of your rookie year.

The best way to get your average number up is by throwing lots of points into Defensive and offensive awareness.

But i suggest you focus more on the skills you need like passing and ball handling.

For the My Player mode I generally do stat upgrades in areas that will improve my game... there are some things you can do without updating stats too high like in my case rebounding... rebounding is more about positioning and boxing out than skill. Higher skill will just help you get the really hard to get rebounds. If you know how to properly shoot you dont have to increase your shooting stats too high, as long as you take smart shots. Free throws is another area where you dont need to put huge upgrades in. But for your case... definitely ball-handling, passing, and speed are your best friends.

I'm going to be trading in Batman: AA and NCAA 11 to get NBA 2K11 later today. As someone who has never really gotten into a basketball game before (only dabbling in 2K10 last year and never fully getting the controls) are they any tips other then practice mode and the tutorial mode for the next few days? And I'll be on PS3, anyone have any recommended draft classes to use?

I swear to God sometimes the auto-sub thing just likes to fuck with me. I hadn't hit a single shot in the second half with Tyreke Evans and I ended up down by about 11 in the 4th when Arron Afflalo comes off the bench and immediately pulls us back to 4. Compute subs him out for Evans with about 5 left, we drop back to 10 back so I manually sub with 3 minutes left but by that time Afflalo's hot streak is over and we lose the game.

They really need to work on a let the hot hand play mentality for your coach in 2k12.

I'm going to be trading in Batman: AA and NCAA 11 to get NBA 2K11 later today. As someone who has never really gotten into a basketball game before (only dabbling in 2K10 last year and never fully getting the controls) are they any tips other then practice mode and the tutorial mode for the next few days? And I'll be on PS3, anyone have any recommended draft classes to use?

That was the case with me, hadn't played a Basketball game since NBA 2K1 then NBA Live 07. I didn't had too much trouble adjusting to the controls but timing is really important here so you should practice so you can know the way your players shoot and their timing since it seems like that defines if the shot is good or awful.