Name the 90's games!

Ruki

It seems like this could be turned into another forum trivia game. Post a screen shot of a video game and then everyone else guesses.

I got like 19/30 on this. Mostly because I only had Nintendo systems until PS2 and I couldn't remember the exact names of some of these games and the site was picky.

25/30. Not a fan of sporcle, but sometimes you find these rare ones that make you all nostalgic. :crying:

Missed: Tecmo Super Bowl, Need For Speed, Myth, Madden NFL 98 and Myst. I knew Myst, just couldn't remember the damn name and I never played the football games so I think I did pretty well, considering. Guessed on a couple.

Edited by zap

It seems like this could be turned into another forum trivia game. Post a screen shot of a video game and then everyone else guesses.

I got like 19/30 on this. Mostly because I only had Nintendo systems until PS2 and I couldn't remember the exact names of some of these games and the site was picky.

Mind if I start up that topic?

And yeah, the site is picky. It's curious how anal it is; TECHNICALLY Duke Nukem isn't one of the games; Duke Nukem 3D is. Doom? Which Doom? Is that Doom, Doom 2, Final Doom?

And posting Madden 98 is just a bad idea. I realize how significant Madden was, but let's face it: All Madden Games look the same on the system you're playing it on. At least it did in the 90s.

Mind if I start up that topic?

And yeah, the site is picky. It's curious how anal it is; TECHNICALLY Duke Nukem isn't one of the games; Duke Nukem 3D is. Doom? Which Doom? Is that Doom, Doom 2, Final Doom?

And posting Madden 98 is just a bad idea. I realize how significant Madden was, but let's face it: All Madden Games look the same on the system you're playing it on. At least it did in the 90s.

That's fine.

22/30

I missed

Duke Nukem 3D (mistakenly thought from the screenshot that it was some sort of mech game. I had no interest in that franchise as a kid)

The football ones.

The racing ones that weren't Mario Kart or Gran Turismo

Myth

Civilization

Resident Evil 2 because I, too, missed the "2." Fuck off, quiz maker, I want to count that as 23/30.

Also Ruki, I too thought the racing game was the one you thought it was and was very "oh dammit what, I have to get the exact name right?" when it wasn't working.

Yeah, same as Sousa, I'm shocked that people missed out

Micro Machines

Game was hella awesome.

I got 21. I missed

Duke Nukem 3D

NBA Jam

Starfox (I was actually thinking of this but could not for the life of me remember the name)

Sim City 2000(I tried Sim City but never heard of nor realised I'd require a 2000. I call shenanigans)

Tecmo Super Bowl

Diablo

Civilisation

Myst

Madden NFL 98

Yeah, fuck the sports ones, which could have been any number of a million different iterations.

20/30

Duke Nukem 3D

Grand Trusimo - Thought it was Ridge Racer

StarCraft

Final Fantasy VII - Knew it was FF but fuck getting the correct Roman Numerals.

Micro Machines

Street Fighter II - Put '2' instead of 'II'

Civilization

Myst

Resident Evil 2

Myth

20/30

Duke Nukem 3D

Grand Trusimo - Thought it was Ridge Racer

StarCraft

Final Fantasy VII - Knew it was FF but fuck getting the correct Roman Numerals.

Micro Machines

Street Fighter II - Put '2' instead of 'II'

Civilization

Myst

Resident Evil 2

Myth

Why didn't you just use 7 instead of VII? And I used 2 as well and it worked so erm.