Formula One 2010

LUKIE

So after the debacle that was Formula One 2009 on the Wii, they seemed to have thrown all of their efforts into 2010 being a complete simulation of the F1 experience.

Anyone else getting it? I've been waiting for a good F1 game since the good ol' days of GP4. I'm going to get a G25 aswell to play it, since I can't afford a G27.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So after the debacle that was Formula One 2009 on the Wii, they seemed to have thrown all of their efforts into 2010 being a complete simulation of the F1 experience.

Anyone else getting it? I've been waiting for a good F1 game since the good ol' days of GP4. I'm going to get a G25 aswell to play it, since I can't afford a G27.

You can't go wrong with a G25 - I love mine to death.

I REALLY hope that the developers haven't made it impossible for the modding community to get updated skins/helmets/tracks/drivers out there for the PC version, I haven't really gotten into an F1 game since Formula 1 on the PS1.

But from what I've seen this could be it.

Thankfully on 360, cant wait. Not going to buy it but hoping I'll be able to get it near the release day on rental. Been waiting for an F1 game for god knows how long, think this one could be great and probably my favorite driving game since the early Gran Turismo's.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

I was about to not do it but I decided to go ahead and do it anyway, So I now have it for PC and currently rocking with Virgin in Career mode - 21st at Bahrain and 11th in Melbourne with the AI difficultly cranked up all the way to the one under the hardest.

Also ran a quick Time Trial at Montreal (I know this place like the back of my hand, I've run that many laps there on NR2003 this year) and ended up 58th in the world. the times at the top cannot be real, I'm right on the razors edge and I can maybe get another couple of tenths out of the car but that's about it - But It's probably the best i've ever been at something on Live compared to the rest of the world.

Can't wait to really dive into the rest of the Career mode, Apparently once I become #1 Driver for my team I can choose what R&D the team does, Really wish there were more helmets to choose from - Just a minor nitpick though.

Yeah, I have it pumped up to the same level as you. Qualified 5th in the Lotus in Bahrain, changed the difficulty, came 22nd in the race (should have been higher, but had some mishaps like a fucking blown tyre!). Just qualified 1st in the Q1 in the wet, which I am very surprised about. The G27 is fucking amazing!.

Amazing end to the Australian GP. Couple of minor issues during the race, but I ended up in 11th with 4 laps to go, Vettel right in front of me. I pushed the car so hard, made a minor mistake, lost a bit of time. Second last lap, Vettel posts fastest lap of the race, last lap, I somehow push the car to the absolute limit, catch him... Third last corner, take him on the outside in an absolute do or die moment, lock the breaks into the second last corner, which is a hairpin, come out of that side by side with Vettel, come around onto the straight, side by side... Vettel pulls ahead in the faster Red Bull.... OH MY GOD! It was the greatest ending ever though. Absolutely amazing.

It's pretty damn tough racing with the G27, but man it is just the best thing ever.

Ugh, Turned traction control off before my Montreal time trial last night and then when I went back to Career I found out what a mistake that was. Qualified and finished dead last in Malaysia and Qualified 19th in China and spun a couple times during the race, I'll have to have another go at it later.

Fun as though, It's a shame Activsion picked up the NASCAR right's - This engine could be adapted to run a NASCAR game if Codemasters wanted to.

Nascar will be in GT5, i bet that game will find it´s way to do it good.

Fq is looking like fun, sounds like a good carere mode... how long are the races? Are you driving the full "two houres"?

You can do between 20 and 100% of the races, I'm doing 20% and can barely get through that as it is.

Career mode is great and I haven't even finished the 1st half of 2010.

Nascar will be in GT5, i bet that game will find it´s way to do it good.

Fq is looking like fun, sounds like a good carere mode... how long are the races? Are you driving the full "two houres"?

You can do between 20 and 100% of the races, I'm doing 20% and can barely get through that as it is.

Career mode is great and I haven't even finished the 1st half of 2010.

But it sticks with simulation? At 20% theres still refulling and you´ll only get to switch teams by the end of the season?

The rain looks amazing.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

No refuelling - The only strategy is how long you want to stay out on old tyres - I seem to go one lap too far in that regard.

No idea about anything else, Not past China yet, Only just got my first R&D mission.

Rain is epic - When you drive in it with any view you cannot see 5 feet in front of you and it's just so realistic I was scared myself while driving in it.

I run 50% race distance, and it is a big effort to get through it. Last night in Malaysia, six laps to go, I had to pause and have a break as my right leg had gone numb.

I believe the option is there to allow for re-fuelling?

Really? I never saw it, But I hope it's in there, Would add more strategy for the races.

Getting better at China, Just had to up the downforce on the rear wing two clicks in a dry set and the car handles well.

Finished 16th, Against all odds I held off Hamilton over the last couple of laps to hold on to the spot.