Formula One 2010

LUKIE

I've got Malaysia later on today. Qualified 10th, because I wanted to save my initial tyres, so didn't do the top 10 shootout (wasn't going to qualify higher then 9th anyway). Kobayashi won in Australia by the way. I hope Sauber offer me a contract <3

It is a really difficult track, and was basically the pre-cursor in design to the China track. China is going to be a slutty bitch whore, methinks.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. If something could go wrong in Malaysia, it did. 10th at the start, wet race, set the car up for a wet race. Got smashed at the start and dropped to 15th. Blew a tyre on lap 3. Came in, couldn't match pace (racing in wet is so hard), spun a few times. Blew another tyre somehow. Got a drive thru after spinning and trying to right the car. BLAH! Came dead last and technically DNFed.

I've had to crack into the set tweaking options at Monaco and Istanbul.

Used the general shittyness of the overtaking at Monaco to come home 8th, Finished 23rd in Istanbul with a good car in qualifying but dropped like a stone after my pit stop.

and Qualified 7th at Montreal but ended up 9th thanks to the tyre rules.

It's kind of unrealistic that I've finished 8th and 9th at two races when the real Virgin hasn't finished higher than 14th but F1 2010 me is a hell of a better driver than the real Timo Glock and Brazillian guy.

Teams are showing an interest in me now - If only that the two teams are the two I didn't pick at the start of the year, So unless I get an offer from an outsider I'm going to be the #1 driver at Virgin for 2011.

also - Vitantonio Liuzzi won in Montreal (lol, Wut?) while Webber is leading the championship by a country mile

is there an option to choose what tyres you want? i came in wanting to change to wets and they put inters on.

There should be "Quick Menu" buttons - Look in your controls options.

Also, I haven't played career yet today - Been obsessed with going faster at Montreal, Couple more setup adjustments in the right direction and I'll have the WR holder running scared, I just don't have the gearbox settings to keep up with him on the straights.

http://oi55.tinypic.com/27wsr5t.jpg

Just completed my first race weekend...I'll definitely be putting the difficulty up! Did the race without being able to find the damage, difficulty or rules options etc. so am tempted to just start again...if I had the damage on then I'd have been out at turn 1, slammed through the back of Vettel and also got caught with Alonso, who ended up winning. Qualified 6th and set the fastest lap of the race...in a Lotus, so not realistic at all. Finished 11th but got a 10 second penalty for colliding with Massa, so it ended up being 17th place.

The game feels great though, I just need to tweak the options etc.

Yeh i need to tweak about with the options and that but I dunno if I wanna start a new game....I did the full 49 laps at Bahrain and I'll be honest I don't want to waste that 1hr 45mins.

Yeah in the 'Grand Prix' mode (behind the interview section at the paddock) you can do that. Basically an Exhibition mode where you drive as one of the 24 existing drivers-you can do just a race, a full weekend or a championship, whatever you want really at whatever race distance. Think I'll do a full season as Webber when I've done a bit in the Career.

I downloaded the ghost lap of the fastest time so far for Montreal. 1.10.???

Just how? Not only is that 5 seconds faster than this years real life pole time, he was taking corners at speeds I can only dream of. :/

Restarted and it was a lot more realistic. Qualified 17th, somehow edged into Q2 but was never gonna do much from there. Race was going well, a terrific battle for 18th with Barrichello that I was just about winning until the start of Lap 8...got blindsided at Turn 2 by somebody, I believe Alguersuari, and that was that. Race over. Not my fault in the slightest but that's how it goes I suppose...so I outqualified Trulli but miserably failed to beat him in the race even though he was running 22nd. Gutted with that but looking forward to Australia, since I've always enjoyed the circuit in real life and on the games.

You know when you pit. Do you have to change the tyres cause im sure my pit team didn't change them as i was going so slow when it started to lash down

I downloaded the ghost lap of the fastest time so far for Montreal. 1.10.???

Just how? Not only is that 5 seconds faster than this years real life pole time, he was taking corners at speeds I can only dream of. :/

Full Traction control I would assume, I'm more or less matching him through the left-right combination and then the right-left combination - But I always lose him after the next left hander.

thinking of buying this seeing as it'll only set me back £25. Is it worth it though?

I generally don't like racing games but I like F1.

I would say yes - If you have a wheel then it's a no brainier IMO.

The game is really realistic the more I play it. I worked my fucking arse off to come 5th in China, which was the biggest struggle, and the only way I came so high was because of my pitting and literally pushing the car to the limit. I was still pulling in lap times less then most of the field though, so not sure how I got so far ahead.

Next race, I struggled and came 19th. Monaco now, and man, it is fucking epic to race around that. The last corner, you can't even see where you are going it's so tight... crazy. Qualifying tonight!

I love the little things, like the track getting faster as the race wears on because there rubber down on the track and that is also seems easier to pressure a rookie into a mistake rather than the veterans.

I'm doing a career on 50% distance, so far I qualified 17th in Bahrain and finished 11th after staying out longer on the first stint and in Australia I qualified 23rd (18th but I got a five place grid penalty for overcooking it in Q1 and smacking into the back of Alonso) and finished 13th after sitting on Schumi's exhaust for the last 10 or so laps.