Formula One 2010

LUKIE

Buying this tomorrow. Think I will start career mode with Virgin Racing. Is exhibition mode just straight-forward? Pick a driver, track, length and go. I hope there's a Season mode (Non-Career)

Yes it is.

And there is a season mode - you just go into exhibition and make a playlist of races.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buying this tomorrow. Think I will start career mode with Virgin Racing. Is exhibition mode just straight-forward? Pick a driver, track, length and go. I hope there's a Season mode (Non-Career)

Yes it is.

And there is a season mode - you just go into exhibition and make a playlist of races.

Thanks thumbsup.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Started my second season with Traction Control off. Awesome. Makes the car handle so much more realistically then before, whilst also making it much harder. Just qualified 10th in the first race by smashing the car as much as I can. I think I'll bomb the race, as I will spin out heaps.

Just moving on to Spain. Not covered myself in glory so far for Virgin. However things are picking up and I out-qualified Di Grassi in the last two GPs and outfinished him too. Sadly the first two races I sucked. In the first I had all the options OFF except automatic gears (gears are fine in real life but they're just an annoyance in F1 games) and was spinning all the time. In the second I got DQed for too many shunts.

Then in the third race I finished 18th and in China I picked up 19th but it felt like an utter success. Due to some crashes higher up the standings, in the last few laps I found myself between Massa (in front) and Schumacher (behind). My front wing also got bust when Schumacher tried to pass as he came out of the pitlane alongside me. So I had to run the last couple of laps pretty safe but I overran the slow corner before the sweeping flat out right hander (in China) and he passed me with only two corners to go. He opened a lead down the huge straight leading into the slowest corner on the circuit. So I just went for it, braked later, dove up the inside and held him off back up and around to the finish line. Hard fought, glorious. In real life that would have got some coverage after the event.

Amazing finish to the first race of the season. Six car train for the last three laps. Managed to get into third, right behind Schumacher. Take him on a corner I'm really good at, and he comes across and takes us both out. Come back to finish 5th...

I'm sure they've got like different driver personalities for each driver so wouldn't suprise me if they had Schumacher to be really aggressive

FINALLY got this as it came in the post this morning on rental. Played a quick race with Hamilton and wasn't too sure how I felt about it at first. Went into Career mode after that and I've got to say after the first race, I've fallen in love with it. Amazing graphics, realistic as heck and just overall great gameplay.

Certainly nowhere near the top difficulties as I'm just going to do a Career and hopefully really learn the game, never been too good at racing games. First race I went with the long weekend, ran through practice and landed up around 11th place. Got to Qualifying and managed 10th in Q1, then up to 8th in Q2 before shocking myself and pulling off a great Q3 to take 4th on the grid. I've got it on 20%, so only had 10 laps to go on Race 1 (Sazuka). Hectic opener and collided with Schumacher, yet he came off worst and I managed to keep grip to keep in a decent position. After dropping back a couple of places, managed to fight back up to 6th which is where I finished. Major happy with that, expected to be way back to be honest.

Really focusing on the over taking right now, because I sometimes push too hard rather than wait and be patient. Signed with BMW and got Kobayashi as my team mate ( :wub: ). So yeah, only really a race in but so far I'm loving it. Hands ache a little after the first race as I'm using the normal 360 control, god knows what it'd feel like to go through a full session of 58 laps or something. Got Melbourne up next, so going to crack on with that.

Got back into this today to sort out China since I'm off school for a bit, finished Practice still struggling to keep pace with Trulli and Chandhok, but qualifed 18th which was above expectations - weirdly though, Trulli qualified 14th and both Virgin's also got into Q2. (Glock somehow scored a point as well which has annoyed me as it puts us down the constructors standings.) On the first stint as usual I did really well and got up to 15th, but after the pit stop I came out well down in 21st, and after all the pit stops had been done I was somehow 18th. This somewhat annoys me as I've no idea of telling where I went wrong, I can't tell if it's because of a slow pit stop, I fucked up entering the pit lane or what. Anyway, 18th wouldve been fine but I had Schumacher on my ass for the last 7 laps and unfortunately he was too good for me on the third-to-last lap, so I finished 19th but ahead of Trulli who pitted twice, he must've had a collision cos the same thing happened to Kubica.

Catalunya next which looks tricky. Will probably give it a go tomorrow.

• 1 month later...

Got the game for Christmas and been playing it pretty hard ever since; been doing Career on Hard with Lotus. First race wasn't great, qualified 15th but I've never been good around Bahrain in any F1 game truth be told. Ended up getting two 10 second penalties (one for corner cutting, one for a shunt) which meant that while I finished about 12th I got bumped right down to 24th. I was running up in about 5th-6th for the majority of the race as it was raining, but then it dried off with about 3-4 laps to go and the tyres just went completely so I had to make a very late pit stop that fucked everything up.

In Australia I managed to qualify 8th, ahead of the two Renaults. Managed to lead the race for a while between pit stops (I started on Prime tyres while everyone else was on Option so I got a few extra laps out of it) but a few spins and the like meant I fell down, then I started getting hit with constant 10 seconds corner penalties even though I was pretty much only hitting the kerb. Seems to be a bit too sensitive a system at times.

But then Malaysia was awesome. Only qualified 10th but I wasn't too down on that since I was struggling to be consistent, although oddly enough I was doing better in the rain than in the dry where I seemed to be going off way more. By the end of the first lap I was up to 4th :w00t: thanks to none of the cars ahead of me taking the inside for the first corner and since it was so slow anyway I didn't really lose anything by taking the tighet line. Managed to nail Massa down at the uphill left hander in Sector 2 and then set about chasing Webber/Button/Alonso down. Managed to slowly but surely get all three of them by about lap 7/8, but then it stopped raining and they came in earlier on Inters so passed me again when I pitted. Passed Alonso but then came the dry tyres and once again I ended up behind him, but with about 3 laps left - and with the rain starting to drizzle down - I was able to just get ahead of him, held on to get 3rd place in my 3rd race :D

• 4 months later...

Started up my old career (in second season), and forgot the little things in this game that make it so brilliant. The fact that you can run so damn well in a race, and still take 10 laps to catch the guy who is 2 seconds in front of you, because you are only gaining .2 every lap. Then battle for 5 laps just to pass him, which is slowing you both down, so another guy is catching.

I can't wait for 2011 to come out (pre-orders already!). I hope that tire degredation in the new game is realistic, so I am making 2-3 stops in half races, unlike the one stop at the moment in 2010.

• 1 month later...

Going to get this again today, out-standing game, just my last one was ruined by a corrupt save file deep into my career, and I've never had the paitence to restart after that's happened. So yeah, can't wait to get it.

Did they ever release and cheats or cool stuff like that?

• 2 months later...

Bumping this because Formula One 2011 came out yesterday (20th) in the Us, and comes out tomorrow (22nd) here in Aus. Getting up early to go and grab it. Given how amazing 2010 was, and how they basically just added everything missing from that into the new game, I can't fucking wait!

• 11 months later...