Formula One 2010

LUKIE

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this game, it already is confirmed for me as the best F1 simulator ever. I'm ahead of the Australian GP, 18th on the grid for Lotus. Been an up-and-down weekend due to the weather, I actually wasted 3 front wings in the first two Practice sessions. Timed in 20th, 18th and 24th for the three sessions, but got it together for Qualifying and managed 18th, ahead of the other 5 'back markers' as well as Alguersuari, so pretty chuffed.

First race in Bahrain I scraped into Q2 at the very end, qualified 17th and was running 18th halfway through the race when Alguersuari appeared from nowhere and wiped me out. Was well gutted with a debut DNF but up to then it was going well, had a great battle for 17th with Barrichello that I was ultimately losing just about before the crash. Ah well...the settings I've set it up on feel pretty realistic, I'm about where I should be really. Awesome game so far.

I'm playing on Intermediate, got most of the assists off though. Still got TC on full, and the line shows for corners.

Third race (Malaysia) was an absolute git.

Qualified 17th in monsoon conditions, which continued into the race. Made a great start and somehow got up to 8th after the first two corners. Schumacher and Vettel collide and I'm up to 6th. Lap 7 Alonso sticks his car into a wall and I'm 5th with Kubica all over the back of me. Held him there until lap 13 as the track starts to dry. He passes and eventually Liutzi catches me on lap 17. He goes for the pass down the inside but overcooks it a corner later and spins right in front of me, where I can't avoid hitting him. I get a drive through penalty for dangerous driving and a puncture, which I can't change until after the drive through, so I go in and back out crawling round with the puncture. By the time I'm back out, I'm 21st, dead last on track by an absolute mile.

Did the Istanbul race. Good car setup, and a good drive left me in 7th, and I finally chased down Dela Rosa and passed him.. .BAM! Tyre bursts. Do my pit stop (I still have no idea what button it is to get them ready) and went on options with 9 laps to go, thinking I could smash through the grid. First lap back out, bam, blew a front. Another 10 second stop... and I managed to crawl back to 21st.

Fucking game.

Did the Istanbul race. Good car setup, and a good drive left me in 7th, and I finally chased down Dela Rosa and passed him.. .BAM! Tyre bursts. Do my pit stop (I still have no idea what button it is to get them ready) and went on options with 9 laps to go, thinking I could smash through the grid. First lap back out, bam, blew a front. Another 10 second stop... and I managed to crawl back to 21st.

Fucking game.

If you've got a flash back you can use it and stop the puncture from ever happening, I've gotten one and used a flashback and the puncture never happens.

Still stuck at the Euro GP (Valencia), Probably going to knock down the AI difficulty before taking another shot at it.

Started a new career i'm on medium difficulty with a few tweaks. Finished 7th in practice somehow in the Hispania Racing Team car, but don't expect to do much in qualifying here in Bahrain.

Signed with BMW, done the qualifying and got a respectable 14th place, struggled a bit.

The actual race was awesome, over took 5 cars on the first corner but clipped Button, nothing I could do about on the first corner, got a 10 second penalty. Totally forgot about that, had a really good drive and got up to 5th, Massa over took me on 1 of the final bends, so finished 6th, was happy as larry until the 10 second penalty dropped me to 11th.

Qualified 6th in Australia and have the race to look forward to when I finish work tonight.

Finished 9th in qualifying in Bahrain....but got a 5 place penalty for smashing into Button so starting on the grid in 14th while Senna is in 22nd. Quite pleased with that, the plan is to do either 40 or 50% of each race but not to sure which at the minute so i'll decide after i've had me dinner :)

Fucking game.

If you're playing on Sexbox, it's Y.

I wish this game had the proper :LG presentation, with a scrolling race order along the bottom. Something telling me how far in front the next car is would be nice too.

Fucking game.

If you're playing on Sexbox, it's Y.

I wish this game had the proper :LG presentation, with a scrolling race order along the bottom. Something telling me how far in front the next car is would be nice too.

Yeah, There's been a uproar on the CM forums about there not being Split timing - There are games that are from 2002 that have live split timing - CM dropped the ball on this one.

There is on that funky monitor during practice and Q but I get your point.

Wheyyyyy won at Bahrain!!!!! :D :D

Tough race at the start as i was in a mid table battle around 9th before spinning out and ending 11th. Eventually after several laps I clawed my way up to around 5th and eventually into 3rd before the first pit stop and ended about 8th again. Clawed my way back up got to a battle for 2nd with Vettel before spinning out and ended up 5th.

Eventually got back into fight for 3rd after Alonso pitted so i was behind Webber (Who was miles in front) and Vettel, got 2nd then battle with Webber trying to overtake for about 7 laps then finally last 5 laps I was in front and then it was just play it safe and try not to fuck up.

I just won in Montreal. Some difficult corners, but really worked hard. Took a good hour to finish the race. But I have to ask, WHAT THE FUCK JARNO TRULLI?

Seriously! I overlapped him twice, and both times he purposefully got in my way, one time he caused a massive crash and nearly messed the lead. The other cars moved out of the way and gave me room.

What a cunt.