Deus Ex Human Revolution

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They had a great E3 showing, from what I heard, basically blew everyone away with their vids. Then failed to show anything new, or at all, after that.

Still, could be very good. And DeusEx Invisible War was so bad, this one cant help but be better received. Yeah, I'm looking forward to it.

I didn't HATE Deus Ex 2, but it just wasn't what I was hoping for. I'm expecting big things from this game. And for the love of god, hire some PROPER VOICE ACTORS. The first two games had terrible voice acting. I don't know if it was in-house or what, but please get some people who give a damn.

The first Deus Ex is one of the genuinely amazing games that will always be considered a classic, but I don't think this will resemble that game at all. It looks incredible in the videos, but I just get a feeling it'll be very tenuously linked to the original game. I didn't play Invisible War so I don't know how different that was, but yeah. I'll be very surprised if this feels like a proper sequel to Deus Ex, but I hope it does.

I can't help but feel I'm being sucked into the hype machine for this, the E3 trailer was amazing, possibly the best video game trailer I've ever seen. I just know, that it can't possibly be as ground breaking as the first, but for some reason I'm expecting it to be as good anyway.

• 9 months later...

I've only done the very first mission with the augs but holy fuck yeah it's pretty awesome. I still need to see if it's going to turn out to be a true sequel though, if it still feels like Deus Ex, but it's off to a great start.

Be warned, in the beginning you see a dude getting his eye cut out.

“To celebrate the launch of critically acclaimed video game DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION, Square Enix has commissioned filmmaker Rob Spence aka Eyeborg (a self proclaimed cyborg who lost an eye replaced it with a wireless video camera) to investigate prosthetics, cybernetics and human augmentation.”

I really like it, but I'm not as in love with the story as I was hoping I would be. It's good and all, but I dunno, hasn't really gripped me. I love the gameplay though, it's basically Metal Gear Solid FPS, which is fantastic. But I don't think it's going to be GOTY, not unless Skyrim isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Also I brought a strategy guide for the second time around and have been using it for the maps... I've missed so much stuff. I've transitioned from a stealth person to stealth combat lately. I've finally got the Augs to hack computers and robots to kill their masters, which is what I've spent most of the last few hours using.

Also, anyone else find that they battle through an area only to find there was a vent that'd bypass any trouble hidden away somewhere behind a box? I swear this happens every time. :P

People, sell me this game. I've not played anything in ages. Why should this break my streak?

I am really reminded of a Bioware game when I play this - just because I highly enjoyed the freedom. This expands on that greatly by putting the game into a first person setting - you are presented with a huge level, just like in KOTOR or Mass Effect, and that's all the game really does for you. From there on out it's up to you to search every nook or cranny.. or don't, because even if you just half ass it, you could find an entirely unique way through the game. It works basically on giving you these giant playspaces and telling you that when you're done doing shit here, go to the main mission marker to carry on. I also really enjoy the consequences of the decision you can make, and just how you make them. There are only a handful of unkillable characters, if you take your entire office out of the running since you can't normally use your weapons there anyways - and when you choose to take care of them, and how is amazingly free.

I decided to let a guy live in a story arc - only to have him begrudgingly help me later. When one of his bodyguards said something to be a smart ass, I decided to blast them all just to see if it would work. I did and was shocked by the fact that the game let me do it - there wasn't any interruption to the game play at all - and I quite enjoying thinking how I would have approached the mission if I had of killed him or not let him get away, and never got the information from him. At the same time, I'm left wondering if I fucked myself over for the future or saved myself from a brutal boss battle.

Buy yeah, these are the things that I picked up on and loved the most out of everything that I have played so far. I think it's a good lead-in to the major game buying system - once you are done with a few play throughs, it's still probably be excellent resale value.