The FA Cup Thread 2010/2011

DFF

Aresenal deserved one of the two penalties. Though, Leeds owe their keeper a huge pat on the back for an amazing save.

Both looked pens to me, certainly the second one. Would it have looked soft had Walcott went down?

Anyway, broke my own rule on betting on lunchtime games and my FA Cup accy is dead before the 3 o'clocks!

Aresenal deserved one of the two penalties. Though, Leeds owe their keeper a huge pat on the back for an amazing save.

Both looked pens to me, certainly the second one. Would it have looked soft had Walcott went down?

Yes, it'd have looked hilariously theatrical. A slight sweep of the shirt which would barely knock you off stride at best, come to think of it, it didn't knock him off stride and we're not talking about one of the great balancers of our era!

I disagree, and this is as a neutral (barring a minor financial hope of an Arsenal winner). Theo was clearly knocked off his stride and clearly wasn't playing for the pen. Silly foul to make, all the best to Leeds in the replay, if for no other reason than I've never had a trip to Elland Road.

Kyle Walker - £3m? Sign this man up.

Not a chance, he's our long-term right back. Unless you have a clause inserted into the loan where you have first dibs on him. In which case, I'd have to say, cock.

That is what annoys me. I can't understand why the club wouldn't have organized a clause. A fantastic player.

Been a good round in the FA Cup so far. Had some Prem teams getting knocked out by lower league teams, some really good goals, Leeds drawing away to Arsenal, Stevenage winning then one of their players getting decked in the face for not giving a fan his shirt.

Plus tomorrow well I'm looking forward to our game against Man.Utd tomorrow should be a good match, hopefully get off to a winning start under Kenny but realistically I think a draw would be a good result for us despite the fixture congestion it'll create, Ipswich could cause an upset against Chelsea to add to their misery atm.

Shearer is a wanker it never crossed the line. *needs singing emoticon*

Fantastic result and I don't think anyone would argue that we were the better team. Ended up missing the last train home in the end. Think we can win it this year :shifty: Didn't see the Scotty Laird incident so surprised it was over his shirt(?) according to the post above. Maybe he'd already promised it to the shirt sponsor, I know Dave Bridges shirts on it's way to me dad for that reason but sounds odd. Never underestimate the Stevenage chav I suppose!

It crossed the line. All that rubbish about 'righting a wrong' got annoying quite quickly, but well done to Stevenage. Pardew clearly decided that by turning up with big names in the team like Nolan and Barton we would win by default, bugger playing with any vague shape or tactics. Hoofing long balls up to a lone striker for 90 minutes pretty much guaranteed we'd do fuck all, and Stevenage did really well to rip us to bits for the goals. I'm not going to pretend to be a 'oh well, we didn't need the cup, concentrate on the league' person, I'm absolutely gutted, and missing Tiote for the derby next week is yet another kick in the teeth.

Clip for those who haven't seen it, I saw the guy on the floor watching on ESPN but missed the punch. Shocking, and a life ban and an arrest if they identify the prick.

I would love it if we could upset Chelsea today. That'd be beautiful.

Saying that, I'd much rather we put in a good showing against Arsenal in the Carling Cup Semi-Final. We might be having a shit league run, but a nice little upset in the cup could seriously improve our season.

Come on now. We just lost to Wolves. Beating us today as well is worth hardly a fraction of what it would have done four months ago.

You've gotta build a guy up again before taking him down means anything. This is Booking 101. :shifty: