2018/2022 World Cup venues

sahyder1

Discussion for this is sort of ongoing in The England Thread, for any of the following reasons...

a) England are making a bid and we're horrifyingly parochial

b) Laziness

c) Something like that

Not that it matters. Nothing's going to happen for the next couple of hours anyway so this can be the wild speculation/results thread. :shifty:

I predict Russia and Australia, by the way.

Shame La Rosaleda got cut, but understandable, would love to see a new stadium in Malaga though, although this one recently got redone.

Of course the patriot in me wants Holland to get it.

Holland getting it would also mean a new 80k stadium for Feyenoord. :wub:

• Admin

A true tribute to Fifa's fearless transparency that they're not planning to release a breakdown of the votes from each round. Typical.

BBC sports news correspondent James Pearce on Twitter: "If Fifa stick to their word and keep the numbers for each round of voting secret then this process will be less transparent than ever. In the past Fifa have released the voting numbers for each round."

Hosting the world cup, even being as just the smaller co-host with Spain, would be amazing. Hope we get it.

For 2022 would like Qatar to win just for the sake of not having games being played at like 6 AM or something crazy like that.

England and Australia would please me greatly.

I wouldn't be surprised if politicking led to Russia and Qatar for "building a legacy". As all English football fans I hate Sepp Blatter and his need for a "legacy".

Still, I hear Cameron, Beckham and Prince William went down well though.

I like the US' chances of the World Cup in 2022 for reasons I've said before. The stadiums are the biggest (1994 had the highest attendance of any Cup), the country is more than capable of hosting Olympics and World Cups, and I just can't see a lot of the voters figuring it's a great idea to have Qatar go through building a ton of stadia in this economic climate. That said, whoever does get 2018 and 2022 will be deserving. I would hope England in 2018 but I just have a hunch that Iberia is getting it, and barely.