2018/2022 World Cup venues

sahyder1

• Admin

Qatar have never qualified for World Cup finals, but Fifa decides it should host one. (Y)

Won't the 2018 World Cup clash with the Russian domestic season?

I thought Russia had switched so their season is on the same calendar as ours now?

No idea.

I need a new sig. :(

So why did everyone assume England were a shoo-in to win it, out of curiosity? I'm surprised to see some people getting to upset about it, I never thought it would be an actual possibility.

Compared to the other bids, it was pretty strong. I think what did kill it was our media telling everyone the FIFA executive were corrupt little bastards. And our arrogance. Apart from that, everything else was in order :shifty:

I honestly think our strongest competitors were Russia. If all this shit in the press hadn't had come out, the countries who seemingly voted against us could have been converted. I think there's a few votes from the Iberian bid that could have gone our way. Oceania too. It really is telling that the rumour mills suggest we went out in the first round.

But, I can't say I'm 100% disappointed. It would have been great, sure. It would have done us good to have it. But, Russia gets the chance to grow from this and so does Qatar and, indeed, the entire Middle East. In terms of football, the right choices were made. But there's always that tinge of disappointment that it could have been different.

• Admin

Qatar are going to be top seeds in 2022 too. Joke.

Honestly? I am fine with Russia getting it. I'm gutted we lost but if it wasn't to be us then I wanted them to win it. But Qatar? Really?? How is the average football fan supposed to afford that!! All Fifa have done today is consolidate their status as an aged, corrupt organisation in desperate need of reform.

Sig.

I secretly like it when things go against England. These are the times when the media are at their best. It's total war mentality - pull up the drawbridge, moan about how we're wronged. It's perfect tonic when you're disappointed. I love England. :wub:

I secretly like it when things go against England. These are the times when the media are at their best. It's total war mentality - pull up the drawbridge, moan about how we're wronged. It's perfect tonic when you're disappointed. I love England. :wub:

I think this is the reason why everyone else hates England. If you do something right it's because you're the best in the world, if you do something wrong it's because of corruption or shenanigans or whatever reason other than the fact that you're shit.

• Like 4

Ignoring the fact that it's a desert and alcohol is illegal, this is a country that still needs to build all it's stadium. I know the plan and how "interesting" or "unique" it is. But given recent history (GREECE), is it really smart to give an international sporting event to a country who will have to spend a ton of money to have the capability to host the fucking thing? Does FIFA even assess the economic risk of its events? Does FIFA even care if an Qatar, an oil-based economy goes bankrupt like Dubai in 2019?