The January Transfer Window 2011

Lineker

mark...I guess we could then bring Tim SHerwood back too! He's not much older than those you've mentioned!

Apparently according to a few papers we may be offering some kind of £20mil/Peter Crouch deal to Newcastle for Andy Carroll. Of course that's bound to be 90% untrue and even if it IS true then Carroll probably doesn't want to leave Newcastle and the management won't want to sell him.....But Mike Ashley might accept that kind of offer.

Word is that AC Milan have signed Antonio Cassano from Sampdoria. Hope he doesn't play against us in the CL!

Massive steal for them too because it's on a free. If they can get him motivated he'll add massively to their attack and they could continue to improve and be a force in the CL. Despite not playing in the CL this season, is he allowed to play for Milan in the knockout rounds? Would love to see him go up against Spurs.

It would be great if Arsenal would actually do something outside of buy more players that are going to win you more youth/academy titles and then move on.

We need another player up top and in the midfield. Right now due to injuries (as with every year) we have to move people around to cover. The depth is gone. Solidify the front and the mid with another player at each so we can actually play people in their positions consistantly. That'd be fucking great.

While the GK play has been good thus far I'm still not sold the position having corrected itself. I'd still like to see a "first rate" keeper brought in while the last of Fabianski's growing pains work out.

Boro Rumours:

Everton, Wigan and Bolton have their eyes on Seb Hines, apparently. Papertalk also says West Ham are after Gary O'Neil.

As for transfers in I've heard a few names. Among them are Leon Best (who rejected us for Newcastle a while back), Jerome Rothen, Jay Demerit and Abubakari Yakubu.

Arsenal don't need a keeper. Sczcejney is going to be class, and Fabianski is a capable #2. Almunia will leave either in January or at the end of the season.

Which does nothing for right now, and that's kind of important. So you're saying we don't need a keeper when all we have is a guy that "is going to be class" and a capable #2 ? I'm still not seeing the #1 in that math. That's exactly my point. We need a #1 right now. We've needed for over a year.

Seriously, Arsenal is full of "going to be" players. That's all that Wenger signs (see: the new Japanese kid).

Also, Jay DeMerit signed as the first player for the Vancouver Whitecaps of the MLS. He's not going anywhere.

DeMerit.jpg

From what many of my scum-supporting friends tell me, he is ready for first team football and I personally was impressed with him against Utd.

Lots of interest in Robbie Keane on loan, however we're looking to shift him permanently.

We thought that about Fabianski last year too ...

I think Keane to the MLS is a good possibility only because the teams interested here don't want a loan.

Word is that AC Milan have signed Antonio Cassano from Sampdoria. Hope he doesn't play against us in the CL!

Massive steal for them too because it's on a free. If they can get him motivated he'll add massively to their attack and they could continue to improve and be a force in the CL. Despite not playing in the CL this season, is he allowed to play for Milan in the knockout rounds? Would love to see him go up against Spurs.

Did he not play for Sampdoria against Werder Bremen in the qualifiers, therefore ruling him out?

Did he not play for Sampdoria against Werder Bremen in the qualifiers, therefore ruling him out?

I think you're now allowed to play in the qualifiers and for a team in the CL proper as long as the team you played for in the qualifiers goes out at that stage.

Yeah, signing Sidwell makes NO sense whatsoever. Scott Parker is the team's leader in center, and Mark Noble has been in good form all season long as well, our other center mid. Add in that Hitlzberger, if he ever decides to get fit, is supposed to be back in January-February, and that Kieron Dyer and Jonathan Spector both have been playing center midfield show that signing ANOTHER center midfield is just a damn waste of money. If the David's are serious about keeping us out of relegation, they'll sack Avram Grant, find a manager who will use a consistent formation and tactics, and go from there. What the club really needs is a left back, at least one quality winger who can get forward and score/set-up goals, and another striker since Carlton Cole can only be arsed to played when he wants, and Piquionne is inconsistent as fuck. He's been our "star" striker, and while he's capable of scoring some great goals, he'll then miss three sitters when we need a goal in the worst way.