The January Transfer Window 2011

Lineker

Boa Morte has been pretty dire most of the season, in my opinion. He, like everyone else, played good against United in the Carling Cup, but outside of that, he's done nothing to drive forward. Parker's been the only creative guy in that midfield, which is pathetic.

Parker is massively overrated. Does he still do those awful twirls when he gets the ball instead of moving it forward?

Presuming you had the same 2/3 years of watching him do so at Newcastle as I did, from what I've seen of West Hams TV games he's looking more like the box to box screamer scoring Scott Parker from his Charlton days. Frustrating while he was with us, if him and Emre had worked out which of them was meant to be the defensive one they could've been a spectacular partnership. "If I go forward, you go back", thats all it would've taken.

Parker's Chelsea stint was kind of weird.

We spent a long time trying to buy him, and did so for £10 million. He was supposed to be backup to Lampard and Makalele, who both stayed pretty healthy, so fair enough. He only got a dozen appearances. Never really managed to get much of an idea of his quality at the time.

But then we buy Tiago (:/) and Jarosik (:/ :/ :/) and decide to sell Parker for £6.5 million a year later.

Utter nonsense.

On form, Scott Parker has been one of the top players in the Prem this season. His talent, composure, and heart is the main reason why West Ham still have a fighting chance of survival this season. To sell him this winter would to admit relegation is a definite.

mark...I guess we could then bring Tim SHerwood back too! He's not much older than those you've mentioned!

Apparently according to a few papers we may be offering some kind of £20mil/Peter Crouch deal to Newcastle for Andy Carroll. Of course that's bound to be 90% untrue and even if it IS true then Carroll probably doesn't want to leave Newcastle and the management won't want to sell him.....But Mike Ashley might accept that kind of offer.

I don't see the Crouch/Carroll swap going ahead?

For starters Carroll is Geordie through-and-through. He's too vital for that team to let go, if they still had a caretaker manager then maybe we'd have a chance but with Pardew there I'm sure he will move heaven and Earth to keep him.

And I don't see Crouch giving up CL football and a glamour tie against AC Milan for playing for Newcastle, as impressive as they've been this season.

We keep getting linked with Centre-backs but I don't see the point? We already have good CB's like Bassong who don't get a game, the guys that we are linked with I wouldn't rate higher than him or Kaboul (who has made me eat my words this season!). Plus we have King and Woodgate apparently close to coming back (though they can't be relied on to play 30-games in a season) and the South-African international Khumalo to join.

We seem to have lined up targets in pairs for different positions: Parker and Van Bommell (with Van B being the cheaper alternative possibly). Llorente/Semturk (I imagine Semturk wouldn't cost half as much as the £30 million Lllorente would cost).

Not sure about Sherwood though, if things got that bad in CM I'd rather a half-fit Jamie O'Hara played there! (Although credit to Tim, he did cause me to shout myself hoarse when he scored against Chelsea in the 5-1 at the Lane).

From all the current rumours it looks like the Parker deal might be happening (why else are the Hammers bringing in Steve Sidwell? Diego Forlan (who was a long-shot anyway) injured himself in the Copa-Del-Ray yesterday so if anything it looks like Semturk is the most likely forward to arrive in Jan. Haven't seen enough of him to know if thats a good thing yet (at least Forlan and Llorente score in the Spanish Premier League giving us some form of comparison).

Utterly bemusing that Capello picked a half-fit Barry rather than Parker for the World Cup despite Parker being the best player during the training camp and he did not even give him a chance in the 2 warm-up matches.

I'm glad he did, though. The sight of Barry trying to keep up with Ozil still makes me chuckle.

Utterly bemusing that Capello picked a half-fit Barry rather than Parker for the World Cup despite Parker being the best player during the training camp and he did not even give him a chance in the 2 warm-up matches.

I'm glad he did, though. The sight of Barry trying to keep up with Ozil still makes me chuckle.

More bemusing was him being issued the #10 shirt against the French at Wembley! I think Barry has outlived his usefulness there. With all due respect to West Ham (who have produced World Cup winners and many top English players) I think that if Parker had still been at Chelsea and been playing that he might have got a look-in at the World Cup. Not sure it would have helped our performance though...