Elder Scrolls V: Skeerim

apsham

Ugh...just found out I won't be able to finsih the Thieves Guild quest line. I sold my Thieves armor to Tanolia or whatever her name is and know she won't move past asking me to upgrade something I don't have. I could buy it back if I could get one more dialogue option with her but it seems like I'm pooched. >_<

Last night I made the big climb up to the 'beards. Love the shout that gives you the fast dash. Epic journey though - took a couple of days game time including a sleep when it got too dark to safely follow the lower track up to the river at the top of the waterfall. Then made the 7000 steps the next day. Level 10 and still feel REALLY weak with regards to my weapons. I'm still rocking the ancient Nord sword with the ice spell and a couple of different magical bows (one with ice damage and one with panic). Getting into hunting though, crouching around, shooting down elks and deer.

Took out a giant too but nipped in, grabbed his toe and did a runner before his mate realised I was there.

Ugh...just found out I won't be able to finsih the Thieves Guild quest line. I sold my Thieves armor to Tanolia or whatever her name is and know she won't move past asking me to upgrade something I don't have. I could buy it back if I could get one more dialogue option with her but it seems like I'm pooched. >_<

I think I've screwed myself the same way. I sold most of it immediately but kept the hood for a while, just in case, then realised there was no part keeping something that was light armour and gave 15% better prices when I had a heavy armour helmet giving 20% better prices. And now I'm buggered.

Endgame question for Stormcloaks vs. Imperials. Spoils the end if you side with the Stormcloaks so be careful.

Does it make a difference if you kill the General in the end or if you let Ulric do it? In my mind my character was very loyal to Ulric so when he offered to let me get the kill I said "The honor is yours" and he did it. Just wondering if that would have been different if I did it.

He wanted to be the one she runs to when she gets lonely.

I'd suggest going back and killing him now.

Been alternating between two characters. One of the reasons I rarely finish a game like this is because I want to do an experience everything on the first go through, thus I end up playing multiple characters and don't have time to play them all. Anyway, my first character is a heavy armor wearing one-handed sword using warrior-type Imperial with some emphasis on Restoration magic who tries to do good deeds. Basically given free range to break out from fantasy archetypes, I've chosen to strictly adhere to them anyway and created a paladin, because I have no imagination. Spending all my time on Smithing, I finally got Daedric gear on him and I'm level 21 only having done 3 or 4 main quest missions.

My favorite character though, is my other one, who is a rogue/assassin type Dark Elf with just a heavy emphasis on sneaking and archery. What I love about him, is I finally managed to one-hit kill a dragon with him last night. Technically since I was using two daggers and did the double swing, I guess it's two hits, but one movement. I feel like I've barely spent anytime on him and yet he's already level 35. Time flies when you're having fun I guess. Feels way more rewarding to sneak up on a dragon's roost and kill him while he's sleeping (because it's a pain in the ass actually) then to face him in glorious combat....in my opinion anyway. But yeah, loving this game.

My friends are hating it though. They keep sending me invites to play Modern Warfare 3 and I keep ignoring them :P