2011 ICC World Cup Thread

sahyder1

Yeah, when it comes to Yardys darts, I think they work well in the 20 over form of the game, but not so much in 50 over. I have a feeling that Tredders may get a run out because of the wicket, but you never know. If Gayles injured, thats a big bonus. Pollard is a big hitter, but as I say i'm not 100% that the pitch will work in his favour. We shall see!

South Africa's going to need to mount a major chase here, I just don't know if they have enough overs left to do it. A few 4's and it'll change, but it's not the wickets that are SA's concern.

EDIT - Can't believe that was ruled Not Out. Does not matter though, that was a great run out. And I'm loving the music selection in Nagpur, so much Jovi lol.

I'll give India this - they've been part of many of the most thrilling conclusions we've seen so far in the tourney. Gotta wonder how things might have turned out if Gambhir hadn't slipped on what was looking like an easy catch in the 44th.

So, Bangladesh's win yesterday means that England need to beat WI on Thurs, and hope South Africa do us a favour against Bangladesh on Sunday, otherwise it's an early flight home.

The games today and tomorrow should be foregone conclusions, seeing as England aren't involved.

Most of the posts BBC live feed (which I'm relying on because I'm on campus with no headphones) are shockingly optimistic about us beating West Indies here, citing a bad batting wicket...even though they were emphasising the quick outfield earlier. I'm going to reiterate what I said before, I think the West Indian batting attack is just too damn powerful for English bowlers and 244 to win is a reachable target. But, if the likes of the new boys Tredwell and Tremlett can get some early success (especially Tremlett with his bouncers), this could go really close. After all, the one guarantee about England in this World Cup has been that their matches are never dull. ^_^

EDIT: Also, Ravi Bopara's ability to frustrate me to my very core continues. I've seen him bat well and I know he can play some beautiful shots but he just never seems to fucking do it.