2011 MLB Season

sahyder1

We now have two 15 team leagues

Astros were sold, on the condition that, as of 2013, they move to the AL

Kershaw won the NL CY today, but only got 27 of 32 1st place votes. Halladay finished 2nd, Cliff Lee 3rd and Kennedy 4th. With the exception of James Shields edging out Cheeseburger Cheeseburger for 3rd by 3 points, I was spot on with my CY picks. The MVP awards next week are a complete crapshoot though.

AL MVP should be - Verlander, Joey Bats, Ellsbury

AL MVP will be - Granderson, Bautista, Gonzalez (Verlander gets 4th or 5th) <_<

NL MVP should be - Kemp, Who Cares, Who Cares Again

NL MVP will be - Braun, Kemp, Who Cares

AL CY should be - Verlander (unanimous)

AL CY will be - Verlander, Weaver, Sabathia

NL CY should be - Kershaw, Kennedy, Halladay

NL CY will be - Kershaw, Halladay, Lee (Kennedy gets 4th)

Edited by naiwf

We now have two 15 team leagues

Astros were sold, on the condition that, as of 2013, they move to the AL

Hate it hate it hate it.

What makes the separation of leagues special is that a lot of markets or regions can have two teams. I only hope they do it so interleague play is only done by one Al and one NL team at a time and spread out all season, with maybe one or two weeks of full interleague. Anything to keep teams from meeting anymore than they already do.

was listening to the radio tonight on my way home from work and the host said "Do you want to see the NL adopt the DH rule?"

Why would the NL have to adopt the DH? I'd rather see the AL drop it. I like watching pitchers hit. The sheer awesomeness of Cliff Lee hitting 2 home runs this year was amazing. Joe Blanton and Brett Myers hitting home runs in the world series was fantastic

I like there being both rules, it helps add significance to the idea of different leagues. Both rules require a different element of strategy. It's a blast to see a manager like La Russa shuffle around his bullpen and his defense inning after inning in a playoff game. But on the same token it's fun to see huge rallies take place with that extra big-time hitter in a lineup.

The DH rule basically extends the careers of players who are too injured or past their prime to do anything but hit, which is fine. But it also sometimes gives careers to players who completely suck at anything else except hitting to begin with, and I don't like that.

I'm an NL guy, so HELL NO to the NL adopting the DH rule.

As for the Astros moving to the AL.....meh. My solution would be to even things out by moving the New York Yankees. To Japan.

If the leagues had to unify rules, I would say drop the DH. I hate it. It takes away so much of the strategy and you're left with bench players who might get to play in 2 games a month, as opposed to the NL when your entire 25 man roster gets utilized on a regular basis.

Unfortunately it will never happen, as the union will protect the DH since it allows aging sluggers who can't field a chance to prolong their careers. So I'm hoping they stay separate. I'd probably get bored of baseball if the Mets and everybody else had to use a DH.