2011 NFL Offseason Thread

sahyder1

as if the Panthers qb core couldn't get any worse they are signing Derek Anderson. I liked the guy ok in Cleveland and with that offensive coordinator there maybe they could get something out of him but I just don't see the point. Scam Newton and Jimmy Fail Clausen are bad enough to make me watch whatever is on the other channel here this year. could be worse I suppose they could bring Delhomme back.

No offense, but Carolina could bring in Peyton Manning and he wouldn't do all that great. The Panthers are fucking terrible and until they start building from the inside out, Newton, Clausen, or Anderson won't be able to succeed. And I think Newton and Clausen could be fine as long as they aren't running for their lives after taking two steps back.

• Like 1

as if the Panthers qb core couldn't get any worse they are signing Derek Anderson. I liked the guy ok in Cleveland and with that offensive coordinator there maybe they could get something out of him but I just don't see the point. Scam Newton and Jimmy Fail Clausen are bad enough to make me watch whatever is on the other channel here this year. could be worse I suppose they could bring Delhomme back.

No offense, but Carolina could bring in Peyton Manning and he wouldn't do all that great. The Panthers are fucking terrible and until they start building from the inside out, Newton, Clausen, or Anderson won't be able to succeed. And I think Newton and Clausen could be fine as long as they aren't running for their lives after taking two steps back.

kinda funny on another forum about an hour ago I posted the same thing about Peyton not being able to do much with that team. it's true they really had nobody to throw to but Clausen and his fumble issues were all on him. in a year or so he'll be where Brady Quinn is right now, unwanted and 3rd string.

Derek Anderson has something that Cam Newton and Jimmy Clausen don't have, and that's experience starting at the NFL level. If they do have to end up turning to him to start.

After last season, I'd also say a chip on his shoulder.

Edit: Clausen has a year under his belt. But that year means boo. I agree that Carolina doesn't get any worse adding Anderson.

Edited by Disturbed

How many rings does he have?

Sorry, but that's a fairly ridiculous argument, especially when you're talking about a wide receiver.

The "how many championships" argument is retarded in any team sport when you're talking about the greatness of an individual.

Sorry Malone, Stockton, Marino, Sanders, Griffey Jr, Dickerson, Baylor, Campbell ....... yeah that list is bigger but hey no need to go on because they didn't win a title and aren't HOF worthy :rolleyes: Oh, and someone call Teddy Williams Jr and get him to return his dad's HOF stuff, he's not worthy without that championship.

• Like 1

Really? "How many rings does he have?" is the argument? I've never been a fan of Moss, but as someone who is the 2nd best WR ever in the NFL, he's most definately a first ballot HOFer

• Like 1

How many rings do Barry Sanders and Dan Marino have?

Did Sanders even have team-mates? Bit before my time really, but as far as I knew, he was essentially the only guy on the team. Moss has always had talent around him.

By Dragsy's logic that Moss doesn't deserve enshrinement, then no WR will ever make the HOF again.

I would be perfectly happy with that outcome >_>

How many rings does he have?

Sorry, but that's a fairly ridiculous argument, especially when you're talking about a wide receiver.

See that kind of stigma against would suggest it's really not that important a position, in which case you're going down the road of "does any WR deserve to be in the Hall?"

I know I'm not going to win this, and I don't want to derail the thread with a shitstorm (besides, it seems Peter King might think he doesn't belong also, in which case I'm definitely in the wrong), it just concerns me that a dude who's never won anything, acted like a privileged dick and gave up on his team if he didn't get his way could be worthy of such recognition. He didn't help the Raiders or Titans at all, he didn't make the Patriots better, and he didn't win anything with the Vikings.

They're both first ballot for various reasons. Both all-time greats in their position.

That article seems like a bunch of silly nonsense. I stopped taking it seriously when he underminded Jerry Rice's contribution to the 49ers. Moss quite clearly did make the Patriots better. He's comparing their 2001-2004 dynasty to the team Moss came into as if they were the exact same team playing the exact same game against the exact same teams only now Moss is with them.

Fact is Moss broke records in 2007 and helped Brady breakk them too but this dumbass is making it out as if Moss' performance was detremental to the team, whilst comparing them to a 3 year old team. The 2007 Patriots were arguably the greatest team of all time and barring the Giant upset in Arizona they would be regarded as the greatest team to ever grace the NFL. But no Brady's completion % and YPA attempt went down slightly from the 2007 season to the 2001-04 dyanasty, that has to be on Moss, because there are no other varibales like the other recievers, his offensive line and opponents.

If Moss didn't mail in the last year in Minnesota and his time in Oakland he would have entered this year dangerously close to Rice's record. If he had a star QB to throw him balls all of his career then he would have already broken that record and probably had won a few rings and league MVPs. Instead, unlike Rice, only a QB he had for 2 years is going in the HOF.