2011 NFL Offseason Thread

sahyder1

I'd gladly take Tebow at the Giants and I'm sure most other fans and organisations alike would love the guy in their team.

Speak for yourself. Unless they're planning to switch Timmy Christ to an H-Back, I have no use for his rah rah intangibles. The last thing the Giants need is a QB controversy when Eli has his first 4 INT game <_<

And rightfully so. Quinn's outplayed Tebow all camp and preseason. I love Tebow, and I'm not sure they're ready to give up on him quite yet.

If McDaniels was still there he'd have some more backing. I don't think the current group has any loyalties towards him.

I'd gladly take Tebow at the Giants and I'm sure most other fans and organisations alike would love the guy in their team.

uh...no. I have Alex Smith as my QB and I don't even want Tebow. If he is switching positions there will probably be more of a market for him. McDaniels overreached for him because of some ties to the family. Is he probably a nice guy? Sure. That doesn't mean I want him on my team if he can't play the position.

Edited by sahyder1

More info on Fitzgerald's deal:

Per a source with knowledge of the numbers, Fitzgerald will make $20 million in 2011. Starting with a $15 million option bonus due on the first day of the 2012 league year, his two-year take will be $40.25 million, thanks to a base salary of $5 million and a $250,000 workout bonus. In 2013, he’ll earn a mere $5.25 million. The numbers kick up again in 2014, with $13 million more coming to Fitzgerald. In 2015, he’ll make $16.25 million. In 2016, the earnings will be $15.25 million. In each of the last two years, when he’ll be 34 and 35, respectively, Fitzgerald will make $15 million.

That said, there are a couple of caveats (apart from the fact that the Cardinals can walk away from the non-guaranteed salaries in the out years). First, while the guarantee has been reported as $50 million, the real number is only (only?) $45 million. Of that amount, $20 million is fully guaranteed (injury, skill, cap), and the other $25 million is guaranteed for injury only. Also, the deal contains up to $8 million in de-escalators tied to Fitzgerald’s receptions in 2016 and 2017. If he’s under 80 in either season, some of the money rolls back to the Cardinals in 2017 and 2018, respectively. The highest amounts go away if he’s under 70.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/22/fitzgerald-deal-looks-to-be-real-with-two-exceptions/

Damn.

And rightfully so. Quinn's outplayed Tebow all camp and preseason. I love Tebow, and I'm not sure they're ready to give up on him quite yet.

If McDaniels was still there he'd have some more backing. I don't think the current group has any loyalties towards him.

uh...no. I have Alex Smith as my QB and I don't even want Tebow. If he is switching positions there will probably be more of a market for him. McDaniels overreached for him because of some ties to the family. Is he probably a nice guy? Sure. That doesn't mean I want him on my team if he can't play the position.

From what I saw last year he is quite capable of playing the position. At worst, he's a good situational QB at best he turns into domething great. Obviously people are down on him now. He's a leader and a winner, something that can't be coached so Tebow's presence alone as well as the jersey sales would be worth keeping him on the roster. I mean he's not that bad.

Just remember though..Philadelphia is the terrible city with thugs for fans <_<

Yes, it is,

Like the national talking heads, way to bring up the Vet and stuff that happened 14 years ago

and you've taken the link out.

Incase anyone is wondering, this is what he linked to an article from 1997

Pryor selected by the Raiders in the 3rd round.

I'm fine with it. He's not in line to be the QB any time soon, and he could turn into a passable WR or H-Back. A third is a little early, but only by a round or so.

Honestly, I'm just tired of the idea that EVERY move the Raiders make is this historically bad move. It's gotten pretty fucking old. They've drafted well recently, and yeah, they tend to draft fast guys. Guess what, you can't teach speed, and most of those picks have worked out well. Darren McFadden is awesome. Jacoby Ford is good. DHB, not so much. Everyone harps on the Jamarcus pick, but hindsight is 20/20.

It's almost to the point where I'm going to stop talking about the NFL with, well, anyone, because of it. Enough is enough.

Yes, it is,

Like the national talking heads, way to bring up the Vet and stuff that happened 14 years ago

Shall I find the article on the Phillie fan that forced himself to throw up on the little girl from last year?

Atleast he didn't beat her into a coma or shoot her.

To be fair, the Raider Nation 'earned' it's reputation. While the majority of the fanbase is full of great, hardcore, non-violent fans, there is a large enough 'outlaw' segment.

I still don't think we're as bad as Philly, though. Not as a whole. Isolated incidents, the Raiders might be worse, but in general, Philly is worse.

Pryor selected by the Raiders in the 3rd round.

I'm fine with it. He's not in line to be the QB any time soon, and he could turn into a passable WR or H-Back. A third is a little early, but only by a round or so.

Honestly, I'm just tired of the idea that EVERY move the Raiders make is this historically bad move. It's gotten pretty fucking old. They've drafted well recently, and yeah, they tend to draft fast guys. Guess what, you can't teach speed, and most of those picks have worked out well. Darren McFadden is awesome. Jacoby Ford is good. DHB, not so much. Everyone harps on the Jamarcus pick, but hindsight is 20/20.

It's almost to the point where I'm going to stop talking about the NFL with, well, anyone, because of it. Enough is enough.

Yeah I am by no means a Raider fan. I think Pryor in the 3rd round wasn't really that much of a reach. I may get crucified for saying this, but I don't know if there is a huge gap between Cam Newton and Pryor. I think Cam is better and has more upside, but Pryor has talent. I really don't think Ohio St. knew how to use Pryor to the best of his abilities.

Oakland takes a lot of crap because of Al Davis, and Al Davis makes some pretty unexplainable moves that confuse the hell out of me. But the team has talent and I wouldn't be completely shocked to see the Raiders in the playoffs, especially after they went 6 - 0 last season in division. Though I wouldn't bet on them either.

Yes, it is,

I took out the link because listing just one example was stupid and I was headed out the door. Almost as stupid as you trying to take two incidents in California and trying to use that to somehow claim the innocence of Philly fans.

There are bad fans everywhere....yes.....but that doesn't stop Philly fans from being the worst.

Atleast he didn't beat her into a coma or shoot her.

So the standard we're holding people to now is "at least they didn't kill someone"? Unless there is an epidemic of fans being killed everywhere but Philly that I don't know about, what's your point? We could put together a list a mile long but I remember us doing that not so long ago.

I know it's pre-season but, The Chicago Bears... the team that makes the Buffalo Bills defense and David Carr look good. :pervert:

I fully expect Dragsy to give me hell for that.

I kid I kid. The numbers made Carr look better than what we know of him. Plus, he was working with the 2nd team. I just wanted to say something because it was against the Bears.

Edit: Here are the numbers for those who are curious. Nothing fancy.

QB Rating: 138.1 - 9/11, 84yds, 2 TDs, 0 INT

Edited by Disturbed