2011 Summer Transfer Window Thread

Starvinho

Parker lived a good moment with West Ham, and football is all about momentum, I think that we should hire him and keep for a year or two until he's not worthy and we get some money to hire a good one.Talking about experience, y'see, Alan Pardew said he would hire some young players to Newcastle, and if we don't want to be Arsenal V2, we need experience to lead those young mans, in the defense, we have Coloccini, in the midfield, we could have Scott Parker, unless you think that Joey Barton and his 'good conduct' can lead young players.

Sooooo... you want to spend what would turn out to be a large sum of money for a 30yo that you plan on getting two years out of at most, to then replace him at cost with someone younger. And you want to do that instead of rely on the 24yo who has done his job at the very least competently, who may also have a good 5-6 years left in him if we're not being kind?

Edited by XEON BSIG

Where would we get money to 'sign a good one' after wasting money on 30 year old Scott Parker? Our team isn't that young, Taylor, Jonas, Enrique etc etc are all in their mid 20's, and no, I presume Barton will shortly be following Kevin Nolan out the door to be replaced by another twentysomething.

Wayne Bridge isn't a right back, and 'that Drenthe kid', if you're referring to Royston Drenthe, is a Dutch international barely younger than Cheik Tiote who plays for Real Madrid so presumably well out of our wage structure.

You're suggesting shipping out our player of the season for Scott Parker, I'm sorry but opinion or otherwise its stupid.

Parker lived a good moment with West Ham, and football is all about momentum, I think that we should hire him and keep for a year or two until he's not worthy and we get some money to hire a good one.

Talking about experience, y'see, Alan Pardew said he would hire some young players to Newcastle, and if we don't want to be Arsenal V2, we need experience to lead those young mans, in the defense, we have Coloccini, in the midfield, we could have Scott Parker, unless you think that Joey Barton and his 'good conduct' can lead young players.

At the right back, I see Wayne Bridge as the most suitable option, if not, we could get Alan Hutton from Tottenham, I see him as a possible hiring, maybe we could hire that Drenthe kid, I heard he is decent enough to be a left back or right back, he can even play in the wing. We have money for Baines, but he wouldn't be interested. Otamendi from Porto would be good, but I think that, since Porto is in a great moment, he would cost gold.

And I'm not a moron, for sure. I just have a different opinion from yours, grow up.

No, you're a moron.

Wayne Bridge isn't a right back. Thus, he isn't the best choice to play right back.

Tiote needs to work on not giving away possession as easily as he does at times but other than that there is absolutely no need to replace him. In fact, we need to do everything we can to hold on to him.

• Like 1

I get that Tiote doesn't play football the way they like it in Brazil but you can't deny he's been effective in the English league where a completely different style is needed if you want to survive.

Then I don't get it. Every single Brazilian player that got in the Premiership never changed his style of play, they just bulked up a little.

Defensive Midfielders are supposed to be good tacklers, good passers and phisically good. I see that Tioté only fits in one of those three parameters.

I think I have to teach everyone what real football is all about, football is about TESTING. 98% of the goalkeepers we have today started playing in different positions, even in the attacking role.

Wayne Bridge is a left back, but what's the matter on switching sides?

I'll be there when Newcastle goes 18th again with everyone's great decisions...

I get that Tiote doesn't play football the way they like it in Brazil but you can't deny he's been effective in the English league where a completely different style is needed if you want to survive.

Then I don't get it. Every single Brazilian player that got in the Premiership never changed his style of play, they just bulked up a little.

Defensive Midfielders are supposed to be good tacklers, good passers and phisically good. I see that Tioté only fits in one of those three parameters.

Tiote is widely accredited with being one the top signings made by ANY team in the Premiership last year. You, sir, are wrong. He isn't perfect but he isn't this diabolical mess of player you're trying to make him out to be.

PS. Bridge is at the tail end of his career. I'm sure he's probably been tried at right back at least once during that time.

Both statements are complete bollocks. Having not had a Brazilian since Mirandinha I'll let everyone else list theirs, but which of those three do you think Tiote does fit? His tackling is top notch, all he needs to do is realise that he's a target for referees now so only daft one will result in a booking. His passing completion rate is regularly in the 90%'s, and that includes decent passes forward and wide, not just Parker-esque sideways passes to Emre. Physically he's an absolute beast.

The matter is it would cost Newcastle a fortune to pay his wages. All to "test" whether he can play at right-back? He isn't the greatest left-back, especially for the money he earns. And you want to change the side he plays just to test him instead of bringing in a cheaper tried and "tested" right-back. Really?

• Like 1

Phisically he's a beast, A 'Great' Tackling that got him 11 yellow cards, so it means he's just a monster. And his passing, well, from the games I saw, he gave away many passes to the other team.

Edited by RafaelFms

• Admin

Nolan to West Ham is a brilliant deal for them, he'll slot right into the Scott Parker void, and whilst the move isn't a big shock with Big Sam taking over, it's pretty bonkers on Nolan's part. He must be getting paid a fortune more.

Fabregas happy to stay at Arsenal. Sure.

Maxi lines up Boca move.

Quinn rubbishes Gyan rumours.

Cardiff denied permission to talk to Malky Mackay :w00t:

Gardner unsure on future.

Nottingham Forest midfielder Paul McKenna is set to join Championship rivals Hull City on a two-year deal.

Portsmouth boss Steve Cotterill has distanced himself from speculation linking him to the vacant managerial position at Birmingham City. He told The News: "It's flattering when something like that happens, but I'm happy in this job. "It's been a tough job but I've been through all the tough times here now and want to push on."

Scholes considered Oldham switch.

The matter is it would cost Newcastle a fortune to pay his wages. All to "test" whether he can play at right-back? He isn't the greatest left-back, especially for the money he earns. And you want to change the side he plays just to test him instead of bringing in a cheaper tried and "tested" right-back. Really?

Well the one thing I would point is is that he's ridiculously left-footed. Whereas there can be some value in a left-footed forward playing on the right wing because it allows him to cut inside for a shot on goal, a left-footed right-back is nothing but a limitation. If he's chasing an opponent back and has to stay on the inside of him (as is sensible) then he has to use his weaker foot to tackle, or try something rather clumsy that will fail miserably and/or foul the opponent. If he were a younger man he would have time to work on improving his right foot, but he's 30 already.

Here's an amusing post I found on a Man City forum when googling Bridge to check his age, by the way:

Wayne Bridge deserves his own paragraph. As one of my good friends, Matt Jones, so eloquently put it, ‘Left foot, left foot, left foot, fall over, left foot, left foot, fall over, left foot, right foot give the ball away , left foot, fall over, give away a clear penalty, left foot, misplaced pass, hit the ball too hard, left foot, fall over.’ And that really sums him up.
  • Like 1