2011 Summer Transfer Window Thread

Starvinho

Colin is brilliant, fuck you all. Much rather him than half of the boring twats that are managing in the PL.

Oh and we've signed Lonergan from PNE. Hopefully he'll be an improvement on Kasper, we'll see.

Shouldn't count on it.

Colin is brilliant, fuck you all. Much rather him than half of the boring twats that are managing in the PL.

Oh and we've signed Lonergan from PNE. Hopefully he'll be an improvement on Kasper, we'll see.

Shouldn't count on it.

Why?

I believe Kasper is the far superior keeper, that's all.

The Kasper that pulls off wondersaves but is frequently beaten at his near post, is poor at collecting crosses and only communicates with his defence when he's screaming at them after a goal's been conceded. Lonergan won't be as good of a shot-stopper, but he should be a better all-round goalie.

edit: remember Lonergan won Preston's POTY twice prior to last season when they were challenging for playoffs.

Yeah Kasper screams MOTD keeper to me. He'll make the flashy saves but his fundamentals aren't great. Not that Lonergan is better, because I really can't say that as I haven't seen enough of him despite being close enough to the Irish team at this stage.

He's a cunt. Not a very good signing for Bolton. On paper he sounds brilliant, but he's a lazy, overpaid wanker.

Lazy? He never stops running or chasing. He may be a wanker, but he gives it all. He's also incredibly vocal.

The Kasper that pulls off wondersaves but is frequently beaten at his near post, is poor at collecting crosses and only communicates with his defence when he's screaming at them after a goal's been conceded. Lonergan won't be as good of a shot-stopper, but he should be a better all-round goalie.

edit: remember Lonergan won Preston's POTY twice prior to last season when they were challenging for playoffs.

No the Kasper who saved you guys in at least three live games on the television last season. And you're replacing him with a keeper who was relegated last season.

No the Kasper who saved you guys in at least three live games on the television last season. And you're replacing him with a keeper who was relegated last season.

Scott Parker and Charlie Adam were relegated this season. Does that fact automatically make them inferior in any way to players who weren't?

• Like 1

A keeper who didn't play for most of the season? On his day, Kasper could play for a top half Premier League club, his day is far too infrequent. Which 3 games, exactly? Arsenal, yes... Derby, well he played well but he didn't "save us". Struggling to think of any others that were on TV.

Pretty sure it was the one at Keepmoat, 'cause it was on a Friday night 'cause the whole town centre was closed down.

Wasn't that a 0-0? It could well have been on TV but they always shut down the town centre and move the game when we play Doncaster, we have this longlasting, bitter 4 year rivalry you see :/ Pretty forgettable match either way, so you could well be right.

Pretty sure it was the one at Keepmoat, 'cause it was on a Friday night 'cause the whole town centre was closed down.

Wasn't that a 0-0? It could well have been on TV but they always shut down the town centre and move the game when we play Doncaster, we have this longlasting, bitter 4 year rivalry you see :/ Pretty forgettable match either way, so you could well be right.

Yeah, it was the 0-0, I live just a couple streets down from Keepmoat.. nothing happened.

To be fair Leeds seem to have so many teams hate them these days it's a wonder they play at 3pm on a Saturday at all. <_<

As for our good friend Neil Warnock, well I actually feel sorry for the way he's being treat at QPR by the owners. I'm sure all sympathy will evaporate when he gets near a microphone though.

To be fair Leeds seem to have so many teams hate them these days it's a wonder they play at 3pm on a Saturday at all. <_<

As for our good friend Neil Warnock, well I actually feel sorry for the way he's being treat at QPR by the owners. I'm sure all sympathy will evaporate when he gets near a microphone though.

It's not as bad as it was when we were in League One and we had to have our games at Yeovil moved... Seriously, fucking Yeovil, I didn't even know where that was until we played them.