2011 Summer Transfer Window Thread

Starvinho

The word is that Mata to Chelsea is nearly done - but then, you know what 'the word' can be like... Could be a lie put out to hurry along Mata's real suitors. Who knows.

Still, I can contemplate the possibilities:

Mata - Torres - Sturridge ?

Yes please.

• Admin

Canal+ claim Samir Nasri's talks with Man City have broken down and he is likely to stay at Arsenal.

But we'll wait and see. Probably nothing to that, no idea how reliable they are.

"A grinning Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger when asked whether Samir Nasri's move to Manchester City was off: "I don't know anything about it.""

He didn't say anything else about players potentially coming in. What's the Mata, can't get your man?

"A grinning Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger when asked whether Samir Nasri's move to Manchester City was off: "I don't know anything about it.""

Obviously, he was looking the other way as usual.

According to Inter Milan's website Sneijder has missed today’s training session due to ‘personal reasons’ and is also not named in their 20 man squad to face Olympiakos tomorrow. I hope those 'personal reasons' are that he wants to leave for United, probably not but I'm still hopeful we'll get him before the end of the window.

According to Inter Milan's website Sneijder has missed today’s training session due to ‘personal reasons’ and is also not named in their 20 man squad to face Olympiakos tomorrow. I hope those 'personal reasons' are that he wants to leave for United, probably not but I'm still hopeful we'll get him before the end of the window.

Apparently family reasons, something to do with Rodney and Ajax. Of course people are going overboard again with speculation and trying to claim the personal reasons are actually that Sneijder has handed in a transfer request. If we really want the guy, we could get the deal done, but as time has gone by I've actually started to believe SAF and cant see the deal happening, we'll see very soon I guess.

• Admin

If it hasn't already been mentioned, Rangers have signed Carlos Bocanegra.

Burnley have completed the signing of forward Zavon Hines on a two-year contract from West Ham.

Roy Carroll has signed for OFI FC in the Greek Super League.

Fenerbahce have revealed that striker Daniel Guiza will no longer play for them and will join Getafe.

Simon Grayson has admitted that he'll sell Max Gradel to West Ham if the offer is good enough.

Chelsea defender Alex has admitted he would be interested in joining Juventus, but only on a permanent basis as he doubts whether a loan deal could be agreed.

Norwegian striker Erik Huseklepp says he has completed a 'dream move' after signing a three-year contract at Portsmouth.

Liverpool striker Nabil El Zhar has completed a switch to Spanish side Levante on a two-year deal.

If it hasn't already been mentioned, Rangers have signed Carlos Bocanegra.

Burnley have completed the signing of forward Zavon Hines on a two-year contract from West Ham.

Roy Carroll has signed for OFI FC in the Greek Super League.

Fenerbahce have revealed that striker Daniel Guiza will no longer play for them and will join Getafe.

Simon Grayson has admitted that he'll sell Max Gradel to West Ham if the offer is good enough.

Chelsea defender Alex has admitted he would be interested in joining Juventus, but only on a permanent basis as he doubts whether a loan deal could be agreed.

Norwegian striker Erik Huseklepp says he has completed a 'dream move' after signing a three-year contract at Portsmouth.

Liverpool striker Nabil El Zhar has completed a switch to Spanish side Levante on a two-year deal.

No he didn't. Well not really. Someone asked if Gradel was out to impress West Ham so they might improve their offer for him, he said something along the lines of "if he scores a hat-trick and they increase their offer by 3 or 4 times we might have to consider it"... It was more "we'll sell him if the offer is ludicrous".

Official club statement from Valencia.

http://www.valenciacf.com/contenidos/Actualidad/Noticias/2011/08/Noticia_31170.html?__locale=es

Translation:

"Valencia Football Club has reached an agreement in principle with Chelsea FC for the transfer of the player Juan Manuel Mata. The agreement is subject to the relevant medical tests."

Well Mata would take the foreign slot that was opened up by Zhirkov's departure (all of our other signings having been U21 of course).

None of the strikers may leave at all. I expect Anelka to see out his final year of contract and leave next summer, for example.

If we get Modric then someone will have to move, but apparently that may be Benayoun (a loss which I would now be happier to accept with Mata on the books).