Modern Warfare 3

IzzyX

Technically, yes. But, Activision fired a few of the top guys at Infinity Ward for whatever reason and eventually the company ended up with a whole lot more people gone. I think there's 1 or 2 extra companies supposed to have been assisting in MW3.

Im looking forward to it just because I loved COD4 and MW2, but for right now my realistic FPS buy is going towards Battlefield 3 this fall. If I have the money to spare and if enough of my friends get it (or if people on here get it for the 360) then I might get it after the price drops.

I pre-ordered it a few weeks back cause of the sick Gamestop poster it came with, and depending on what kind of info is shown and how gameplay looks, I'll either keep the pre-order or move it to something else. Perhaps by November I'll be back into the modern war FPS game, we'll see.

Well, MW3 might get banned in the UK.

Source

An ultra-violent computer game which features explosions and scenes of destruction on the London Tube and at the Houses of Parliament is to be released later this year.

Supporters of those affected by the 7/7 suicide attacks in July 2005, which killed 52 people, called for Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 to be banned. The game's trailer, which is described as 'inappropriate' for children, depicts military helicopters, rocket launchers and black-op style soldiers in balaclavas.

Call Of Duty 3 has not yet received an age certification and shows soldiers running through the streets of London with machine guns while bombs explode and buildings tumble to the ground.

Big Ben is clearly visible as are police cars and a London bus amid the violent scenes.

In one particularly vivid shot, an armed soldier on a truck cuts in front of a Tube carriage, derailing and causing it to explode.

Other scenes show aerial attacks on New York and grenades exploding on the streets of Paris and Berlin.

The game, which can be pre-ordered for £45 and will be officially released on November 8, has a voiceover saying: 'It doesn't take the most powerful nations on earth to create the next global conflict, just the will of a single man.'

Vivienne Pattison, spokesman for campaign group Mediawatch UK, said: ‘I have concerns as these games are hyper-real and take place in a landscape we are familiar with. In light of the fact we have just had the 7/7 inquests, it is in incredibly poor taste.'

One reviewer at gaming website kotaku.com described the latest instalment in the Call Of Duty series: 'Players take on the role of an SAS operative who is tasked with stopping a delivery of weapons of mass destruction at a London dockyard.

'A gun battle ensues, and the agents are chased through the London subway. The mission culminates with a series of unmarked trucks exploding in front of the House of Parliament, releasing a deadly chemical agent.'

Activision, who make the game, said: 'Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is a fictional action game aimed at mature adults and set in World War Three. The scenes in the game are entirely fictional and are not intended to recreate any historical events.'

'Players take on the role of an SAS operative who is tasked with stopping a delivery of weapons of mass destruction at a London dockyard.

'A gun battle ensues, and the agents are chased through the London subway. The mission culminates with a series of unmarked trucks exploding in front of the House of Parliament, releasing a deadly chemical agent.'

See, this is why I'm tiring of the series, this summary sounds more like a James Bond flick than a war game. COD4 was awesome because while you did have the odd quiet bits with the SAS guys it was still very much a WAR game. You had people in a warzone, fighting for realistic objectives like securing a building or what have you. All this stuff, and the snowmobile/running around rooftops stuff in MW2 just sounds silly. I know COD4 wasn't an hyper realistic sim at all, but it at least pretended to be, which is better than all this action movie hero stuff.

I played a lot of multiplayer with them! Everyone else stops playing the games a month after release....while Fitzy, Eddie and I played tons of MW2 (and to a lesser extent, Black Ops)

If you had it on PS3, I'd play.

Really looking forward to this. It looks like much the same experience i've gotten from every other Call of Duty i've played and thus it will be sick.

If I end up in an experience half as intense and reflex-testing as the first zip through the Russia on a snowmobile, with me yelling "Oh shit! Shiit! Shitshitshitshiiiiit!" then I shall be one happy Plubby.