WWE '12

Guest rasko

Yeah, the objectives in Road to WrestleMania are really annoying. I prefer to just play exhibition matches or do Universe mode. My first match was Punk/Ziggler and I got my ASS handed to me. I haven't played a SmackDown game since, ummmm, 2007? So I'm more than a little bit rusty. I don't really like the controls, I'm wondering if the B control scheme is better.

I don't have Xbox Live at the moment so I'm missing out on a lot of cool shit like the arenas and CAWs, but by next week I'll have it.

Unlocked Brock, gave Otunga "It's Not Unusual" by Tom Jones as entrance music. He looks the correct mix of confused and ashamed.

Universal, elaborate on your question.

Ugh, the only thing I hate about Community Creations is when people don't give you the option to edit something. I do not understand why that's even an option.

For the people who already have it, should I buy the game, or does it feel like you'll give up about a month from now because there is no replay value? Keep in mind I did play the last one heavily from the release to the new year and occasionally through out the year.

I am loving this game. The gameplay is quite different, which is fun. I honestly have no idea whether I'm going to win matches or lose them, which makes it much more exciting. I played the Rumble match, which I won with William Regal when he entered at #15. I simmed to Mania, where Regal was scheduled to face Del Rio for the WWE title. It really felt like a big match, with Roberts announcing it as the main event, then introducing Ricardo, who then introduced Del Rio. The match was pretty back and forth, but Del Rio eventually got me when he locked in the Arm Bar. Afterwards, Miz and Cole came down to celebrate in the ring with him to close out the show. So awesome.

Sheamus' road to Wrestlemania is a lot of fun so far. Getting to hear Regal on commentary is awesome and it makes it that much more annoying that Cole and Lawler sound like they couldn't care less.

My game is giving A-Ry a HUGE push. I threw him and Del Rio into a random CPU match, I figured Del Rio would destroy him. Riley wound up winning. So the next week I was planning on having a 6-man battle royal for #1 contendership at the Royal Rumble. I figured I'd do a CPU re-match in which I imagined Del Rio boasting that if Riley can beat him, he'll get his battle royal spot. And it happened.

So then the CPU battle royal comes up. Riley, Cena, Nash, Miz, Truth, Dolph. And yep, you guess it...Riley WINS! Last eliminating Nash. Punk/Riley at the Rumble, kinda has that old school vibe where unlikely guys will get the title shots at the Rumble to save the bigger names for the Rumble match. Love it when it creates storylines for me. :wub:

Ax's facepaint is inexcusable. If it was a CAW I'd shake my head. Given he was my favourite as a kid and I was super pumped he was in this I'm a bit annoyed. He's never worn one solid colour, even his photo is two colours, this is silly!

Won my first match, which was a Royal Rumble. Started at number one as Nash, came back as Orton then as Alex Riley before winning as Vader. Haven't played a WWE game other than All Stars and I can tell this is going to be fun. Won an epic Last Man Standing match against Arn Anderson as Vader again with a powerbomb through the announce table. So far my only complaint is that people take way too long getting to the ring in a Rumble.

someone explain the Breaking Point submission system to me. I can't seem to keep a submission locked in for more than a second before the meter is at the end and it's reversed. Every. single. time. :(

Otherwise, I'm liking everything. I'm only on Easy and it's a challenge sometimes. I'm a wimp. I wish I had Vader, Nash, Arn, etc like some of you :(