UFC Undisputed 3

Gazz

I'm a Light Heavyweight Boxer, my five losses have been to Roy Nelson and Brock Lesnar in Heavyweight fights, Thiago Silva in a title fight, and then two losses to Little Nog who keeps submitting me even though I basically smash his face in.

My favorite fight so far was a submission victory over Rampage. We basically threw bombs at each other for about 3 minutes, I had him all but beat but he managed to hold on. Next thing I know he hits me with a couple huge haymakers and I'm on my back in serious trouble. He was over top of me about to pound my face in then I used the new feint system to my advantage until I was able to pull him into my guard. I backed my way up against the cage and used the catch to guillotine that I learned at Wolfslair and submitted him. I went from being about 3 punches from losing by stoppage to submitting Rampage in about 25 seconds. Epic feeling.

Grrr....third fight is lame <_<

He picks the highest rated person, but I am still schooling him. He rocks me from pure luck and the ref stops it :/

Edit: And no one fist bumps!

Edit: I dislike when people choose the high level guys and I choose the mid-80s. But, since everyone was doing it, I decided to use my CAF...one person came in and left once they saw I chose a CAF.

Edit: SO MANY DISCONNECTORS.

Like others, I find myself losing time and again and mostly to submissions. My guy is a featherweight, I think he's 28-3 now having lost to Leonard Garcia, random bastard Tariq Robinson and George Roop.

I've faced both Garcia and Tariq three times, and managed to win both 'feuds' 2-1. The Garcia matches have been really fun and hard-fought, but when he caught me with a guillotine in the second fight after having been dominated for a round and a half, I was furious. So in the rubber match, I managed to sink in a guillotine of my own...but he didn't tap. Knocked him out shortly after instead.

And the Roop fight was a joke. I hit him a few times, nearly had him rocked. He took me down, triangle, boom over in less than a minute. Yeah, the UFC is quite different from the WFA. My guy's at 82 overall right now and I'm worried about his future.

I started a new guy and since I'm bumping it to advanced like the rest of you I'm going to make him a wrestler that specializes mostly in submissions as the ground game seems to give the most trouble. Any tips on a good camp? Jackson's didn't have shit.

After spending a good while customizing my guy, I just won my first WFA fight by knockout 4:26 into the 2nd round after a nice combo of punches. The guy was 16-6 before the fight, so I had a bit of guts stepping in against someone with that much experience, but I was able to easily control the flow and got the KO.

Next fight is a fill-in fight, once again I decided to take the experienced opponent (he's 15-5) but he's coming off a TKO loss (that is a pretty cool new feature they added as well, being able to see their last 3 fights). Outworked him with my wrestling, bloodied him up early in the 1st before GnPing my way to victory 1:28 into the 2nd. 2-0-0 :)

For my third fight, I decided to put my guy outside his comfort zone and go against a BJJ Black Belt that's won 67% of his fights by subs, and is 9-3. He also happens to be from Toronto, so it's a showdown between two T.Dot boys. Only advantage I've really got is that he's coming off a fight where he lost by KO. Well, he can now make that 2 fights in a row he's lost by TKO. All I have to say is thank Blackhouse for teaching me that jumping headkick that just put him to sleep 4:00 flat into the 1st round. 3-0, baby! :D

Playing on advanced, and I'm a Featherweight with a wrestling style - mostly for the takedowns from clinch.

So far, I'm loving this game (though I haven't played too much yet). Soccer kick to the face KO's in PRIDE are amazing.

Oh yeah, whoever's runnin it, shoot me an invite to the PS3 Camp, please and thank ya. ;)

Edited by Mountainous Cleavage

Somebody was asking whether the drills got more difficult or changed as you improved and I don't know about them all, but the transition and heavy bag drills definitely seem to be. On the heavy bag, the three areas obviously stay the same but the range of movement you have is bigger, it'll make you move further around than earlier in your career. With transitions, it'll start throwing different starting positions at you - in the last drill, I started with the opponent in butterfly guard and rubber guard, and also with my fighter on the bottom. Wondering if cage control changes at all.

Also, Joe Stevenson can go fuck himself. Laid on me for two rounds as I battered him, rocked him a couple of minutes into the second, couldn't capitalise, then he got an arm triangle and finished me. Wanker.

I beat Pickett in the rematch, then Bowles, then Faber. All fights that went all the way and were pretty even. Pickett was slightly different because I have trained up my grapple skills for the sole purpose of taking him down for the ground and pound. Won KOofY against Bowles too, rocked him with a flying knee, left uppercut, mouthguard flies away.

But anyway, earned a title shot against Cruz, which I was dreading since I had such a hard time trying to beat Faber and Bowles but then something amazing happened. I was dashing in, hitting some quick punch combos and dashing out, then he got more aggressive and came after me, I swayed forward and hit an overhand right that put him on the floor. I got excited and dived on him, hitting him with some big punches from open guard, and ended up rocking him. I got to mouth and tried to put him away but he survived somehow. I kept hitting him with big shots until he tried to transition out but I ended up with his back. Couple more big shots later, I knocked him out. 3:40 in the first round, I won became Bantamweight champion, and it was the easiest fight since I came to the UFC.

Next, I stepped in to fight Jens Pulver in Pride, which was fun. Now I have a rematch with Cruz. I hope it ends up being just as easy. Cruz was always Fighter of the Year or runner-up for it, and I like the idea that my fighter came along and was his kryptonite.

Woo, just won the WFA Featherweight Title by Submission at 2:30 in the 2nd round, my first ever sub in this game too! Rocked Billy Madsen from open guard, then slapped on a leglock for the win! 5-0-0, and your new WFA Champ. :D

Followed it up with an armbar victory in my first title defense against a guy that had won 95% of his fights by submission. Figured I'd try and show him up at his own game. When I hear snappy snappy, it makes me happy :)

Edited by Mountainous Cleavage

HOLY SHIT AWESOME. First Pride fight, was being triangle choked at the start of the first round. Did not realise the escape for the triangle choke was a MOTHERFUCKING POWERBOMB. Powerbombed the motherfucker, hammer fists until he was rocked, punched his face into the mat.

Amazing, right?! I did it too against Diego Sanchez, then I GnP'd him for a KO victory. :)

This game is like... the end all, be all of UFC games for years to come.

Who's the new UFC Lightweight champion?

Spoiler: It's Gabriel "The Saint" Alvarez. SUCK IT, HENDERSON.

It was a war. Fight of the Night by a long way. Finished halfway through the fourth round and we spent fifteen minutes battering one another.

Who's the new TWO-TIME, TWO-TIME UFC Lightweight champion?

Spoiler: It's Gabriel "The Saint" Alvarez. SUCK IT, SOTIROPOULOS, GIVE ME MY BELT BACK.

Career over. Never got a UFC title fight but won the Pride GP one year and got quite a few fight awards. Ended 43-5 and 85 overall for my brave brazilian featherweight warrior Santiago Morales.

The best fight by far was a war against Eric Koch where both men got rocked multiple times. Another good one was against Chad Mendes where I figured I had no chance but managed to grind out a 29-28 decision. Good times.

Guess I'll be focusing on my light heavyweight norwegian boxer next.